Transfer Topic

Discussion about European club leagues, Champions League and anything in UEFA
Evan
Veteran Member

Post by Evan » 19 May 2010, 18:35

I would only take Di Maria just because he is fantastic. Madrid has enough players and enough stars. You don't need more, and you aren't really lacking any player or have any weakness. You just lack chemistry I say, and to show up for big matches.

But realistically you already have a smooth left footer coming up (canales), and great wing men so I'd say you should give it a rest signing players.
I'd take Silva or Mata over Di Maria, though I'd rather have a CB who can play LB (David Luiz) over another Mid/Forward.
On a different note everyone's pretty good with women when it comes to hookers... well except the sham-wow guy.

panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 19 May 2010, 18:38

Hmm thats a hard one Silva vs Di Maria, thats a good question for the player vs player topic.. I'd take Di Maria, more vertical ;).
to know Him is to want to know Him more"

"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'

TommyGun
Veteran Member

Post by TommyGun » 19 May 2010, 18:41

panchester07 wrote:
Evan wrote:I hate Real Madrid lol, why does Higuain have to be there...they're just gonna spend more money and fail next year. Either way, I really like Villa so I'm going to have to watch alot more Barca this year too. Call me a glory hunter if you will but I don't support the club, I just like the players. :lol:[/quote

Trust me, with Mourinho, things will be different.

I don't know why they're getting rid of a manager that got the 97 points in a league, and to break the record of more goals scored, but thats not for me to question.

Mourinho has the personality that Pelligrini lacks, to control strong ego's, he also is a tactical genius, and with the right tools he can win everything. Look at Porto, good team, beat Man U, beat giants of Europe, all thanks to the organization and planification of Mou.

Yes they shouldn't spend so much money, but also, your thoughts should be a bit more positive in my opinion, if its almost sure that this guy is coming. Cheer up, he's one of the few that beat Barza and Pep, he knows a lot.
I think you're right, but I just have a different opinion on what he does. I don't think he controls strong egos, as much as he alienates them. He almost punishes players for having an ego, which is something Real Madrid might need.

I think many people put too much stock into what he did with Barcelona. Rubin Kazan & Athletico Madrid both beat Barca this year, but you don't see Real Madrid calling up their managers for a coaching spot. Hell, the group stage of the CL, Inter managed a tie and a 2-0 loss to Barcelona. Where was Jose's magic then? I know..you can say, "well, you can't win them all", but that's what Real Madrid want and that's what their expectations are. Anything short of that will be a failure in the eyes of the board and the fans, which are losing their patience. I think Jose was very fortunate to escape the first leg at 3-1, and even more fortunate that the "chest ball" on Yaya was called as a handball in the 2nd leg. I think he's an excellent 2-leg format manager which plays into his tactical abilities, when your current coach hasn't had a calendar year to even adjust and managed 97 points with the race down to the wire. I think the board of directors are involved entirely too much with respect to political concerns and club image, which explains the lack of overall direction or tactical purpose of their transfer market decisions.

panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 19 May 2010, 18:55

It wasn't a handball at all, but the play was called off before bojan shot and was left alone 1 v 1 with Julio Cesar. Technically, and in every way you look at it, it wasn't a "called of goal" for the play stop before, some ref's would have even booked Bojan, but it only was like .5 seconds after the wistle. Its not like Bojan scored, and then the ref blew the whistle, the ref blew prior to him being alone, and the defenders even stopped and paused. Tommy gun.

You are right on most things, and I agree with you in most of them. but i do give a lot of credit to Mou. How many big teams didn't play Barcelona to receive 3-4 goals for playing them equally.

By now its clear that you have to counterattack barcelona, or be more creative than attacking them constantly, and he exploded that. Maybe he isn't the best in the world, but he is the best that Madrid has available to him, having in mind that they wont keep Pelligrini.

Lets face it:
- He beat barcelona
- He dislikes barcelona
- He's controversial
-He's a star

He is the definition of the perfect manager for Madrid.

He wont win every match, and they'll be dissapointments in the season, but this Barcelona will keep winning the league and the clasicos's unless a man like Mou (or few others out there) steps up. If Madrid's board expects everything to be golden like you say, then they are Real's true cancer, and whats killing them. Give Mou (or whoever) sometime and develope a rightful process and watch how the titles start to flourish. Madrid is already a huge institution, but any team that acts the way they did will fail.

TommyGun
Veteran Member

Post by TommyGun » 19 May 2010, 19:11

panchester07 wrote:It wasn't a handball at all, but the play was called off before bojan shot and was left alone 1 v 1 with Julio Cesar. Technically, and in every way you look at it, it wasn't a "called of goal" for the play stop before, some ref's would have even booked Bojan, but it only was like .5 seconds after the wistle. Its not like Bojan scored, and then the ref blew the whistle, the ref blew prior to him being alone, and the defenders even stopped and paused. Tommy gun.

You are right on most things, and I agree with you in most of them. but i do give a lot of credit to Mou. How many big teams didn't play Barcelona to receive 3-4 goals for playing them equally.

By now its clear that you have to counterattack barcelona, or be more creative than attacking them constantly, and he exploded that. Maybe he isn't the best in the world, but he is the best that Madrid has available to him, having in mind that they wont keep Pelligrini.

Lets face it:
- He beat barcelona
- He dislikes barcelona
- He's controversial
-He's a star

He wont win every match, and they'll be dissapointments in the season, but this Barcelona will keep winning the league and the clasicos's unless a man like Mou (or few others out there) steps up. If Madrid's board expects everything to be golden like you say, then they are Real's true cancer, and whats killing them. Give Mou (or whoever) sometime and develope a rightful process and watch how the titles start to flourish. Madrid is already a huge institution, but any team that acts the way they did will fail.
Oh I know, but you have to see what I'm saying. If that whistle didn't blow and the call was a correct call, Julio didn't have time to react to that shot and we aren't having this conversation. Inter loses, Barca advances. Jose is criticized for being too passive against a relentless Barcelona attack. He goes from the "Special One" to the "Ego that lost Inter the Semi's".

I don't disagree that the 3-1 win in the first leg was something that was spectacular, but it allowed for the tactical defensive stand in the 2nd leg. I just think if they cave to the player/money demands + the 16M in salary he's seeking, it just shows how desperate they truly are. In respects to giving him some time to develop his squad...I think they won't. It's a one season club in many repsects....either your succeed or fail. Real Madrid are just unfortunate to be stuck in the same league as one of the most dominate teams over the past 2 years.

shahensha
Veteran Member

Post by shahensha » 19 May 2010, 20:53

HOLY sh*t! Villa has moved on to Barcelona. Can you believe this transfer saga is finally over?! This crap has been dragged on 10x longer than the whole "will cronaldo go to madrid?". Finally this fool left valencia.

For once I am excited and optimistic about a striker that barca bought.
panchester07 wrote: Lets face it:
- He beat barcelona
- He dislikes barcelona
- He's controversial
-He's a star

hahaha word homie, word. Those are the exact reasons why i want him at madrid.

fawad000

Post by fawad000 » 19 May 2010, 20:54

Imo, Real Madrid just need 2 defenders and they will be good to go. One for a centre back (Possibly, David Luiz) and one for a left back ( hopefully, Clichy or kolarov).I had faith in Garay but after watching him, I have come to a conclusion that he is just an average joe. Albiol has had his shaky moments. Luiz will not only give Albiol some tough competition for the (CB place) but can also serve as a back-up CB.
What Madrid really lacks is unity as someone has already mentioned it here. Madrid has one of the best attacking firepower in the World. Imo they are the only team who can match with Barca in terms of player to player. Pelligrini was expected to create chemistry among the players and control egos but he did not do what he should have done. He is still a good manager though but not of Madrid's standard.Honestly speaking, I did not know his name before he came to Madrid.
I hope Madrid looks like this next season :D 8)

-------------------------- Casillas----------------------------------------

Ramos -------- Pepe---------------Luiz--------Cisshoko or Kolarov---
-------------------------------------------------or clichy or cashley cole

------------------- Diarra-------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------Xabi---------------Marcelo--------------

ROnaldo---------------Kaka---------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------Higuain--------------------------------

Subs:
Benzema
Canales
Guti
Granero
Gago

TommyGun
Veteran Member

Post by TommyGun » 19 May 2010, 21:11

fawad000 wrote:Imo, Real Madrid just need 2 defenders and they will be good to go. One for a centre back (Possibly, David Luiz) and one for a left back ( hopefully, Clichy or kolarov).I had faith in Garay but after watching him, I have come to a conclusion that he is just an average joe. Albiol has had his shaky moments. Luiz will not only give Albiol some tough competition for the (CB place) but can also serve as a back-up CB.
What Madrid really lacks is unity as someone has already mentioned it here. Madrid has one of the best attacking firepower in the World. Imo they are the only team who can match with Barca in terms of player to player. Pelligrini was expected to create chemistry among the players and control egos but he did not do what he should have done. He is still a good manager though but not of Madrid's standard.Honestly speaking, I did not know his name before he came to Madrid.
I hope Madrid looks like this next season :D 8)

-------------------------- Casillas----------------------------------------

Ramos -------- Pepe---------------Luiz--------Cisshoko or Kolarov---
-------------------------------------------------or clichy or cashley cole

------------------- Diarra-------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------Xabi---------------Marcelo--------------

ROnaldo---------------Kaka---------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------Higuain--------------------------------

Subs:
Benzema
Canales
Guti
Granero
Gago
I'd say Benzema and Guti are as good as gone. Guti wants to leave because he doesn't see how he'll fit with the long-term plans unless there are some major injuries. Benzema will/should leave, especially after the WC snub. If he can't play enough minutes to get on the French national team after being such a high-profile striker, it's probably a good time to show you're not satisfied with that. I'm sure they'll have no shortage of money replacing either. No Van Der Vartt? I know Liverpool has suggested they want him if they can't keep Gerrard from leaving....but that's a pipe dream if you ask me.

fawad000

Post by fawad000 » 19 May 2010, 21:24

TommyGun wrote: I'd say Benzema and Guti are as good as gone. Guti wants to leave because he doesn't see how he'll fit with the long-term plans unless there are some major injuries. Benzema will/should leave, especially after the WC snub. If he can't play enough minutes to get on the French national team after being such a high-profile striker, it's probably a good time to show you're not satisfied with that. I'm sure they'll have no shortage of money replacing either. No Van Der Vartt? I know Liverpool has suggested they want him if they can't keep Gerrard from leaving....but that's a pipe dream if you ask me.
Honestly speaking, I forgot VDV and Arbeloa. :oops:
But I left M.Diarra and drenthe on purpose. :lol:

Imo, Guti is as good as Vdv but it is his inconsistency which always raise question marks on his place in the team.
Regarding his transfer, I do not see any big team buying him. His options are mid table English teams or an American or Arab team which I do not think would make him leave Rm unless he want $$$.
I really want Benz to stay despite the interest from Man u which will be difficult to turn down. I have been following this guy since his Lyon's days so I know what he is capable of. He just needs time. Moreover, he is young so he has a lot of time to improve/develop.I hope he stays at Madrid.Fingers crossed :)

panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 19 May 2010, 21:27

Guti was gone with 5-6 games remaining. He signed for Galatasaray. I like what he did this year. Benzema oficially sucked balls.

ScottyBoy
Veteran Member

Post by ScottyBoy » 19 May 2010, 21:37

fawad, raises a good point. After Mourinho, Ashley Cole is Madrids first transfer target. With Mourinho I could see this as a real possibility.

People who say something cannot be done are often surprised by others doing it.

amu86

Post by amu86 » 19 May 2010, 23:27

did bojan and hleb leave for villa and 40 million?!?

TommyGun
Veteran Member

Post by TommyGun » 19 May 2010, 23:42

amu86 wrote:did bojan and hleb leave for villa and 40 million?!?
No exchange, just a straight cash deal.

Croatianblood1
Veteran Member

Post by Croatianblood1 » 23 May 2010, 23:59

Aww snap. Villa is here to fu** sh*t up.

shahensha
Veteran Member

Post by shahensha » 24 May 2010, 00:39

I have honestly been the most excited and optimistic when this high profile was bought compared to Zlatan and Henry for many reasons. "The kid" has finished his maturing in a team that is inarguably the best of the rest in Real Madrid vs Barcelona (aka La Liga) with a terrific strike rate of 100+ goals in 166 caps. Considering he has always been a consistent pichichi contender and that already has a good understanding with xavi and iniesta from the spanish team, he will fit in and excel without any difficulty.

VILLA VILLA VILLA, VILLA MARAVILLA!!

EDIT: also i am really digging the new home kit. I dont like the away kit though. Looks like pistachio ice cream for goodness sake.