Transfer Topic

Discussion about European club leagues, Champions League and anything in UEFA
Rummandinho

Post by Rummandinho » 13 Aug 2010, 22:28

shahensha wrote:also when you get an experienced centreback, you must also make sure he is not a whiny little cry baby and wears the completely wrong jersey number.
LOLED

panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 17 Aug 2010, 16:04

So Ozil and Khedira to madrid. I don't know which one is more insignificant of a signining.

Fun Fact: Khedira is the 7th, and Ozil the 8th german palyers to sign for Real Madrid.

Ozil will rot in the bench
to know Him is to want to know Him more"

"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'

2brown347
Veteran Member

Post by 2brown347 » 17 Aug 2010, 16:39

I have a feeling Ozil will be out of there within 2 years. He wants to play and like he's said before him being sold is the clubs choice not his.

shahensha
Veteran Member

Post by shahensha » 17 Aug 2010, 16:42

noooo i dont want ozil in real. That means sergio canales will have less chance to play.

panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 17 Aug 2010, 16:57

Di Maria, Canales, Pedro Leon, Ozil?
to know Him is to want to know Him more"

"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'

TommyGun
Veteran Member

Post by TommyGun » 17 Aug 2010, 18:18

I don't see why ManU didn't go after Ozil to be a replacement for Scholes because his price tag wasn't that high. I'm thinking he'll rot on the bench much like Benzema last year. Di Maria & Canales are very promising talent so I just don't see any of the 3 happy on the bench coming from teams where they play regularly.

Craig Bellamy is off to Cardiff....no surprise there. I would rather him stay in the EPL or even Celtic but 9 clubs in 10 years is saying something. Milner to City and Ireland to AV. City has a midfield overload as well when it comes to the lineup.

I think Fulham will land Santa Cruz from City in the next week. All I care about is Arsenal landing Given or Schwarzer in the next couple of days so I don't have to look away and cringe every time a ball is sent into the box.

Rome_Leader
The Italian Mod

Post by Rome_Leader » 17 Aug 2010, 18:32

Who said Man. U. didn't go after him? All reports say they most certainly were; Real probably just has an embarrassment of cash to close the deal with.

All roads lead to Rome.

Triskaidekaphobia: The unnatural fear of the number 13.
Most of Ballack's opposition have this phobia.

I'm Scott. Don't let the title fool you; I.AM.CANADIAN!

TommyGun
Veteran Member

Post by TommyGun » 17 Aug 2010, 19:10

Rome_Leader wrote:Who said Man. U. didn't go after him? All reports say they most certainly were; Real probably just has an embarrassment of cash to close the deal with.
ok, I should have worded that differently. I should have said I don't know why ManU didn't close that deal or even outbid RM for Ozil....knowing that a quality MF these days will always cost you that, if not more. Maybe they didn't want to buy on the WC hype, or maybe they just have no more money to spend at the time. They'll be fine without him this season, but they should have moved on him for that price.

Evan
Veteran Member

Post by Evan » 17 Aug 2010, 19:14

Ozil stated that Barca was his dream move, yet he moves to the rivals. Tbh I can see him leaving in a few years or less to go to Barca.

The logic behind his move to his dream move's rivals was explained to me in another forum earlier today. The intelligence of the post left me in awe.

"If I say my dream is to bang Jessic Biel, but then I'm presented with the opportunity to bang Jessica Alba, would you blame me if I took the opp? "

Now I understand fully.
On a different note everyone's pretty good with women when it comes to hookers... well except the sham-wow guy.

shahensha
Veteran Member

Post by shahensha » 17 Aug 2010, 19:18

woah evan, that brilliant analogy makes me almost want to love real madrid instead of hate that club hahaha

TommyGun
Veteran Member

Post by TommyGun » 17 Aug 2010, 19:58

Evan wrote:Ozil stated that Barca was his dream move, yet he moves to the rivals. Tbh I can see him leaving in a few years or less to go to Barca.

The logic behind his move to his dream move's rivals was explained to me in another forum earlier today. The intelligence of the post left me in awe.

"If I say my dream is to bang Jessic Biel, but then I'm presented with the opportunity to bang Jessica Alba, would you blame me if I took the opp? "

Now I understand fully.
Wow...this guy should be a speech writer or something :roll:

I think Barca will get Masch from Liverpool(if the price is right) because they have Keita and some other B squad players moving to A than can fill that void during injuries or needed rest. With RM's squad, they would have been fine without Ozil so I'm not sure really why he's in the equation unless they fear that Canales or Di Maria might not develop as expected. I thought that RVV would be dealt off by now as well, but Kaka has shown to be much more of an injury threat that most big money transfers. For a move from Real Madrid to Barcelona, everything would have to be just right and that's rarely the case. It's arguable that very few transfers between the clubs have been successful for the receiving team so I don't see it happening. It's like saying my dream move is Arsenal and then signing with Tottenham weeks later. I think he wanted out of Bremen and truly didn't care who was the higher bidder, simple as that.

shahensha
Veteran Member

Post by shahensha » 17 Aug 2010, 20:05

Masch used to be a great player, now he is just a hothead. Besides Pep has said that he is not interested in buying anymore players. Instead he puts his trust in the b team and wants them to mature gradually like Pedro and Busquets did.......and in all honesty, thats 10x riskier than signing someone like hleb or chygrynsky.

TommyGun
Veteran Member

Post by TommyGun » 17 Aug 2010, 21:07

shahensha wrote:Masch used to be a great player, now he is just a hothead. Besides Pep has said that he is not interested in buying anymore players. Instead he puts his trust in the b team and wants them to mature gradually like Pedro and Busquets did.......and in all honesty, thats 10x riskier than signing someone like hleb or chygrynsky.
Yeah, 25 Million for Masch is just too much for a backup/switch for Busquets and they should allow Johnathon and others to slowly find their way into the line-up like you said. If the price was say 10-15 Million, I think they'd do the deal. Back before Canales signed with RM and when he was with Racing, I was hoping that Barcelona would be able to sway him to sign. I think he'll be a tremendous attacking mid in a 1-2 years of development.

2brown347
Veteran Member

Post by 2brown347 » 17 Aug 2010, 21:54

Ozil was sold to the highest bidder, he didn't push for a move. His contract ended in a year and instead of letting him go for nothing next year he was sold to the club that offered the most money.

TommyGun
Veteran Member

Post by TommyGun » 17 Aug 2010, 23:37

2brown347 wrote:Ozil was sold to the highest bidder, he didn't push for a move. His contract ended in a year and instead of letting him go for nothing next year he was sold to the club that offered the most money.
Well yeah, he didn't need to leave for free. There was also reports of him being upset that the club didn't let him know of the initial offer from RM that was rejected. If he wasn't looking to leave, I think it's only right for him to cash in on his WC performance while he can. If that entails a move somewhere else for more money + Champions League + very competitive team overall, by all means. WB finished 10th so that means no european play if he stays...and that was a fairly big slide from the recent 1st, 2nd, and 3rd finishes from the previous years. If he didn't want out, I'd be surprised.