Transfer Topic

Discussion about European club leagues, Champions League and anything in UEFA
shahensha
Veteran Member

Post by shahensha »

It was, but only by a whisker. Its debatable really. I am glad he scored with his head later. What an awesome way to show he is a great replacement for Ibra. Ibra would have tried to do a shaolin soccer kick at that moment instead of using his head lol
panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 »

Yeah definetly Ibra might have tried jumping and trying to place it in with his foot, or turining around and heeling it in with class, but at the end of the day complicating himself. Maybe his big nose would have gotten in the way.
to know Him is to want to know Him more"

"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'
2brown347
Veteran Member

Post by 2brown347 »

To be fair Villa's head is about Zlatan's knee height :lol:
shahensha
Veteran Member

Post by shahensha »

2brown347 wrote:To be fair Villa's head is about Zlatan's knee height :lol:
lmao true
klc123
Veteran Member

Post by klc123 »

The commentator actually said that if Ibrahimovic had that opportunity he would have probably missed it, and that will be a massive difference for Barcelona this season.

I'm still looking forward to see Ibra in Italy. I thought he was a shadow of the player he used to be at Barca, so hopefully he will return to his great form that he achieved at Inter.

I can't believe Wenger went for Schwarzer in the end, he is going to get maybe 3 or 4 good seasons from him at best.

Mean-while Harry Redknapp looks as if he is trying to recreate the old arsenal team, first Gallas, now he's put a bid in for adebayor lmao.
2brown347
Veteran Member

Post by 2brown347 »

I have to say I'm really happy about VDV going to Spurs. I think he'll be the boost the Spurs need to break the top 4 this year and he'll also see the time he needs to become a frequent starter for Netherlands.
panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 »

I agree.. The move will benefit all.. Van Der Vaart is quality enough to be undisputable starter. He will grow and mature in a way he couldn't have from the benches in madrid, and in the process help tottenham out, like you said.
to know Him is to want to know Him more"

"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'
2brown347
Veteran Member

Post by 2brown347 »

I'd hope that with him as a starting mid-fielder for the Netherlands they'd move from their crash and attack style back to total football.

I didn't know that Spurs also bought some Brazilian named Sandro who admittedly I don't know anything about.
p793
Veteran Member

Post by p793 »

panchester07 wrote:Robinho to milan sounds real good!!!!! He'll do real good in Italy with his quick feet and verticality...

They've got, Dinho, Thiago Silva, Pato, Robinho... nice little brazilian colony in Miliano....

Really, I think they'll do really good. Dinho - Pato already proved to be a deadly pair, and they understood each other awesomely. Those through balls that Jar - Jar Binks gave all last season and this season are just lethal. I would love to see Ronaldinho's through balls, visions, and samba along with Robinho's scissors and quickness...... This will be great, I hope he bags 15+ goals this season. I hope Dinho keeps getting better.
LMAO, absoloutely creased at the jar jar binks bit !! hahahaha
p793
Veteran Member

Post by p793 »

s' land have signed gyan which i am so happy bout (i support the mackems)
whatt do others think? whenever i seen him at the world cup i thought he looked boss
Pichichi

Post by Pichichi »

over rated. Only scored on pks I think and didn't really look like a £13 mil man. I mean he's decent, but 13 mil???? Sunderland have lost the plot by the looks of it
2brown347
Veteran Member

Post by 2brown347 »

I wouldn't say over-rated, I think the general view on him is correct. He's a good forward, not great. He played well for Udinese and Stade Rennes based on the numbers, but just well. Who knows though I'd say a lot of African players are kind of late bloomers and he might become the next big thing. I mean his french league goal total wasn't that much lower than Drogba's during his last year in france (though Drogba netted a lot more total since he was in more competitions). He also seemed to have that Rooney-like never say never attitude which could work well in the EPL.

So in conclusion I'm undecided on whether its a good or bad buy until we've seen him play a bit.

I am disappointed to see Di Santo go to Wigan. I see absolutely no reason as to why they'd sell him.
shahensha
Veteran Member

Post by shahensha »

More playing time I suppose.

Gyan? Isnt that the same fellow who choked on the penalty kick after Suarez handled the ball in the 1/4 final?
p793
Veteran Member

Post by p793 »

Yes it was him, but to be fair, millions of people would miss it. just a mistake.
like tevez against sunderland at the weekend, just a mistake, doesnt make him a bad player.

i think time will tell
shahensha
Veteran Member

Post by shahensha »

my apologies, i didnt say it with the intention to portray him as a bad player. Just wondering if it was the same fellow. He did score an awesome EPL style goal to kick the US out of the WC so I believe he will do well in the English league.