Transfer Topic

Discussion about European club leagues, Champions League and anything in UEFA
panchester07
Veteran Member

2brown347 wrote:Ozil was sold to the highest bidder, he didn't push for a move. His contract ended in a year and instead of letting him go for nothing next year he was sold to the club that offered the most money.
False. His contract expired in 2011, they bought him at a much inferior price than his real value is in the market, he would have likely signed a contract for 3,4 or 5 seasons and his price would have been much higher. It was a exellent deal for Madrid.
to know Him is to want to know Him more"

"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'

Croatianblood1
Veteran Member

panchester07 wrote:
2brown347 wrote:Ozil was sold to the highest bidder, he didn't push for a move. His contract ended in a year and instead of letting him go for nothing next year he was sold to the club that offered the most money.
False. His contract expired in 2011
That doesn't make sense. It's currently 2010 so how could his contract have already expired?

panchester07
Veteran Member

Sorry, linguistical mistake, "would have expired". My point is, Madrid made a bargain buying him for 15 million, because he just had 1 season left in contract. Sometime before Madrid could bid for him again, he would have signed a contract for more seasons, usually 3+ and his price would have been much more than 15 million. Thats why they where in such a hurry to buy him now, i think, mourinho even said they where lucky to buy him at this price because later on it would have been much more elevated, he was about to sign another contract for 3+ seasons and he would have cost atleast 30 millions.

2brown347
Veteran Member

Learn your sh*t before correcting me, he was offered a contract extension but rejected it before the WC so that he could go no matter what after this season, the club wasn't gonna let him go for nothing. It's true they could have held on to him for a while longer but what if he had a first half of the season?

shahensha
Veteran Member

I guess this signing has something to do with Kaka being injury prone/ out for the first 4 months of the seasons. I really want Sergio Canales to develop well and see him play. He scored in his debut for Madrid and made multiple defence splitting passes in his second start during the pre-season. I hope this praise doesnt jinx his progress because he appears to have extreme potential..........the way things are going, he will be the future of the spanish midfield in the classic #10 role!

Di maria wasnt really impressive during the pre-season considering his hype. Furthermore, Oezil was impressive in the WC but disappeared against stronger opposition. Hopefully Canales makes a steady rise and stay fresh on the field.

Rome_Leader
The Italian Mod

I'm confident Ozil will improve against the best competition as soon as he gets more playing experience. Playing for Bremen and being as young as he is, he wasn't as exposed to the best of the best as say, Messi or di Maria even.

Definitely going to be a mainstay in the German team for more than a few years.

panchester07
Veteran Member

shahensha wrote:I guess this signing has something to do with Kaka being injury prone/ out for the first 4 months of the seasons. I really want Sergio Canales to develop well and see him play. He scored in his debut for Madrid and made multiple defence splitting passes in his second start during the pre-season. I hope this praise doesnt jinx his progress because he appears to have extreme potential..........the way things are going, he will be the future of the spanish midfield in the classic #10 role!

Di maria wasnt really impressive during the pre-season considering his hype. Furthermore, Oezil was impressive in the WC but disappeared against stronger opposition. Hopefully Canales makes a steady rise and stay fresh on the field.
Mourinho said he will be giving both a lot of playing time and that he is inlove with Canales, and think he's terrific and plans to make him play and help him grow. Its Di Maria i'm mostly worried about right now. In Benfica he was legendary, in the World Cup he was crap, and he's that type of player that he needs a certain position and players to play with to shine best.

gascoigne67

panchester07 wrote:
shahensha wrote:I guess this signing has something to do with Kaka being injury prone/ out for the first 4 months of the seasons. I really want Sergio Canales to develop well and see him play. He scored in his debut for Madrid and made multiple defence splitting passes in his second start during the pre-season. I hope this praise doesnt jinx his progress because he appears to have extreme potential..........the way things are going, he will be the future of the spanish midfield in the classic #10 role!

Mourinho said he will be giving both a lot of playing time and that he is inlove with Canales, and think he's terrific and plans to make him play and help him grow. Its Di Maria i'm mostly worried about right now. In Benfica he was legendary, in the World Cup he was crap, and he's that type of player that he needs a certain position and players to play with to shine best.
Yeah it is guarenteed one of these players will falter.
Hopefully its not Ozil i like that guy. But why is the purchase of several wingers so necessary. Surely it cant be for squad depth. Youve first got to nail chemistry in your starting 11 before adding alot more quality

2brown347
Veteran Member

Word on the street is VDV would go to Manchester if they showed interest. Likely to never happen but it'd be cool for both parties if it did.

panchester07
Veteran Member

I read "Scholes replacement" I was like wtff.....

Just read Madrid interested in another "9", just in case of injuries. Mourinho has insisted, and recomended Dzeko from Wolfsburgo. Wolfsburg is interested in Van Der Vart, and would make the transaction more possible. It would suck for Wolfsburg, Van Der Vart, and Real Madrid, but it might happen-

klc123
Veteran Member

I would like to see Van der Vaart come to United, seeing as we missed out on Ozil.

gascoigne67

Apparently Liverpool wants Rafael Van Der Vaart in exchange for Kuyt money.

Dont think Kuyt is leaving though.

Wouldnt be surprised to see one or two new signings from both Liverpool and Man U

Evan
Veteran Member

I would like to see Van der Vaart come to United, seeing as we missed out on Ozil.
At least he'd be appreciated at United.
On a different note everyone's pretty good with women when it comes to hookers... well except the sham-wow guy.

2brown347
Veteran Member

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story ... nd&cc=5901

I doubt this is legit (being brought to us by Mr. Harris) but if it is true then I think Mascherano should be hit with a huge fine and a hefty ban. Doesn't matter if he wants to move to Barca's bench, if he's under contract he needs to see it out while looking for other ways to get the move. Going on "strike" is acting like a 6 year old throwing a temper tantrum.

mr_dude

vdV would be a great signing for Man U IMO. Not a United expert, but I would say they also need a ball winning midfielder for rotation.
As for Liverpool, I think their best signing would be a replacement for Alonso, unless Gerrard drops deep beside Mascherano/Lucas/Poulsen while Joe Cole plays as the most advanced mid.
"A match isn't lost until after it's over." Me
"The greatest glory in life lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall." Nelson Mandella