Transfer Topic

Discussion about European club leagues, Champions League and anything in UEFA
klc123
Veteran Member

I thought Guti was absolutely brilliant last season, he was a great player to come off the bench and change a game by creating more chances and changing the ball around.

soccer11
Admin

Looks like Maicon to Real Madrid will happen. At least Madrid is actually trying to improve themselves like an intelligent club by way of defensive players. I want to see how they'll use Maicon and Sergio Ramos

http://sports.yahoo.com/soccer/news?slu ... ndinterrea

TommyGun
Veteran Member

klc123 wrote:I thought Guti was absolutely brilliant last season, he was a great player to come off the bench and change a game by creating more chances and changing the ball around.
Me too. He was probably one of the more selfless players on the team, which is something they needed at RM. He linked up well with the team and I was fairly shocked to see that not continue on. I think he realized that he wasn't in Jose's plans due to Di Maria's signing and other that are linked.

klc123
Veteran Member

To be honest, he doesn't fit into Mourinho's plans what-so ever.

I wouldn't be surprised too see a more solid and efficient Real Madrid next year. Jose has time and time again produced unbeatable defensive sides that are still efficient going forwards. They could turn out to be the barca killer that we haven't seen yet.

TommyGun
Veteran Member

klc123 wrote:To be honest, he doesn't fit into Mourinho's plans what-so ever.

I wouldn't be surprised too see a more solid and efficient Real Madrid next year. Jose has time and time again produced unbeatable defensive sides that are still efficient going forwards. They could turn out to be the barca killer that we haven't seen yet.
Yeah, maybe. I think Barcelona will be really strong this year as well. I'd love to see Barca get slightly more defensive to balance out their squad. An established left back should be top priority. They have all kinds of attack, even Ibrah on the bench....but Puyol and Pique can't do it all in the back. Alves gets caught up all the time and I'd like to see another back-up for Sergio than just Keita. I think Inter will be crazy next year, even if Maicon leaves. They have 160M to spend on transfers to strengthen an already very successful squad.

mrbeankid22

Damnit, now I am probably gonna miss seeing Maicon in Dallas next week when Inter plays against FCD :(

Inter are an experienced squad, but they are about to start that aging plateau... Eto'o, Samuel, Zanetti, Lucio, these are key players that will be needed to be replaced within the next few years... David Santon was promising but he fell off the radar this past season. If reports are true, Balotelli, will be gone... Benitez will have to try to find two good defenders, one to fill Maicon's shoes and another younger promising talent... The midfield seems to be intact, and a nice addition of Mascherano as he looks to be on his way to Inter, as Hodgson confirmed that Masch's desire to leave Liverpool. They should probably look to pick up a third striker, maybe someone from Serie A would be best, to provide a second option or serve as a backup to Eto'o and Milito.

TommyGun
Veteran Member

mrbeankid22 wrote:Damnit, now I am probably gonna miss seeing Maicon in Dallas next week when Inter plays against FCD :(

Inter are an experienced squad, but they are about to start that aging plateau... Eto'o, Samuel, Zanetti, Lucio, these are key players that will be needed to be replaced within the next few years... David Santon was promising but he fell off the radar this past season. If reports are true, Balotelli, will be gone... Benitez will have to try to find two good defenders, one to fill Maicon's shoes and another younger promising talent... The midfield seems to be intact, and a nice addition of Mascherano as he looks to be on his way to Inter, as Hodgson confirmed that Masch's desire to leave Liverpool. They should probably look to pick up a third striker, maybe someone from Serie A would be best, to provide a second option or serve as a backup to Eto'o and Milito.
I know it sounds too goo to be true, but Inter is being linked with Aguero. That would be a huge pickup with Balotelli leaving.

mrbeankid22

Yeah I came across some web results regarding Aguero to Inter, but Aguero to Chelsea seemed to be in the books and it never happened. I think he would be a great young attacking addition to Inter's squad if he was to move this summer. Mascherano and Esteban holding down the center of midfield would be great a tandem as well.

Benitez would still need to find a direct replacement for Maicon, and as of yet, I haven't heard any names thrown around. I still think it was a very odd move on City's part to approach Inter for Balotelli... The only thing they have going for them is that Mancini was the guy who brought Balo to Inter. Bringing in such a volatile young player, who despite having the skills, still needs to be developed from a 'talent' into a true superstar... I am not sure if City is the right place to do that with how the club is being run these days on the senior level (buy buy buy) Don't get me wrong, City has a great youth academy program, whose teams I have witnessed play first hand... But, IMO Balotelli to a club like Man Utd or even as controversial as AC Milan could have seen him develop much more quickly in a stable environment. At City he will be busy fighting for a spot among a hoard of strikers, many of which happen to have fiery tempers themselves.

TommyGun
Veteran Member

mrbeankid22 wrote:Yeah I came across some web results regarding Aguero to Inter, but Aguero to Chelsea seemed to be in the books and it never happened. I think he would be a great young attacking addition to Inter's squad if he was to move this summer. Mascherano and Esteban holding down the center of midfield would be great a tandem as well.

Benitez would still need to find a direct replacement for Maicon, and as of yet, I haven't heard any names thrown around. I still think it was a very odd move on City's part to approach Inter for Balotelli... The only thing they have going for them is that Mancini was the guy who brought Balo to Inter. Bringing in such a volatile young player, who despite having the skills, still needs to be developed from a 'talent' into a true superstar... I am not sure if City is the right place to do that with how the club is being run these days on the senior level (buy buy buy) Don't get me wrong, City has a great youth academy program, whose teams I have witnessed play first hand... But, IMO Balotelli to a club like Man Utd or even as controversial as AC Milan could have seen him develop much more quickly in a stable environment. At City he will be busy fighting for a spot among a hoard of strikers, many of which happen to have fiery tempers themselves.
Yeah, and I think Aguero would be very expensive so only a couple of teams would be able to bid for him. I remember when the Chelsea story broke, and it was in the 60M region. Yeah, Inter should be able to find some replacements when the money coming in, granted, they might not be as high profile as Maicon. Yeah, I would have like to see Balotelli go to a team where they truly needed a striker. I've seen where if the Balotelli deal go through, Adebayor is off to Juve on a 12 month loan. He's garbage anyway(Arsenal fan here), but that should give Mario a little room to fight for a spot. I just see buildings being burnt down and tantrums thrown if he doesn't get some playing time, though.

soccer11
Admin

If Mascherano does goes to Inter, then he'd take Zanetti's spot in centermid and then Zanetti would move back to right back, which I still think he can do adequately, so a replacement for Maicon isn't that necessary. Inter would just need to find a good, young right back who they can mold and develop until Zanetti retires (and occasionally start a few games to give Zanetti a breather)

Anymi
Veteran Member

soccer11 wrote:If Mascherano does goes to Inter, then he'd take Zanetti's spot in centermid and then Zanetti would move back to right back, which I still think he can do adequately, so a replacement for Maicon isn't that necessary. Inter would just need to find a good, young right back who they can mold and develop until Zanetti retires (and occasionally start a few games to give Zanetti a breather)
aka Santon?

For inter kuyt and masch are going. Maicon and balotelli out.

Muntari is going to be offloaded asap aswell.

Inter now have rafa the gaffer, i wanna see how they fare.

WEVE GOT WAGING WOY. i love him!

soccer11
Admin

Anymi wrote:
soccer11 wrote:If Mascherano does goes to Inter, then he'd take Zanetti's spot in centermid and then Zanetti would move back to right back, which I still think he can do adequately, so a replacement for Maicon isn't that necessary. Inter would just need to find a good, young right back who they can mold and develop until Zanetti retires (and occasionally start a few games to give Zanetti a breather)
aka Santon?

For inter kuyt and masch are going. Maicon and balotelli out.

Muntari is going to be offloaded asap aswell.

Inter now have rafa the gaffer, i wanna see how they fare.

WEVE GOT WAGING WOY. i love him!
He looks like he has promise and at only 19, he could make that right back spot his for a long time. One more year under Zanetti will only do him good. If he stays healthy, he could start around 20 games if needed.

KoNJa04
Veteran Member

Villa and LPool agreed for a fee for Luke Young, but the deal collapsed when Young didnt want to go. both clubs are disappointed because villa wanted salary space, Lpool need a left back.

If you desire that life then pursuit it.. end of story.. no buts, no hypothetical situations, no what ifs.. you want something go get it ..
~~Panchester07

Rome_Leader
The Italian Mod

Young still plays on the right, though. The chances of finding someone to slide into Arbeloa's long vacant seat are slim. I can see them settling for cheap youth talent in their position.

soccer11
Admin

There was talk about Liverpool actually going for Santon, as he can play both sides but I haven't heard anything about that in a while. I think he'll stay at Inter.