Transfer Topic

Discussion about European club leagues, Champions League and anything in UEFA
ScottyBoy
Veteran Member

Transfer Topic

Post by ScottyBoy » 18 May 2010, 22:43

It's that time of year. With the World Cup next month there will be plenty of Transfers and even more speculation in the coming months.

There will be big ones with players such as Fabregas, Yaya Toure, Aguero, Davids Villa and Silva, Kaka, Benzema, Ibrahimovic to name a few all linked with moves.

So far, Fabgegas has handed in a transfer request and wants to go to Barca, with Toure possibly going the other way.

Meanwhile Barca are closing in on the signing of David Villa. It is believed this will be announced in the next few days. 40 million Euros is the expected fee

Birmingham have signed goalkeeper Ben Foster from Man Utd for aroung £6 million.

Thats the big transfer news so far!

People who say something cannot be done are often surprised by others doing it.

styale18

Post by styale18 » 18 May 2010, 22:47

its also been reported that wenger may want to swap for bojan/pedro or toure/abidal ..... My heart can't take fab leaving

ScottyBoy
Veteran Member

Post by ScottyBoy » 18 May 2010, 22:52

The bit about bojan/pedro is complete nonsense. They are looking to strengthen their squad all over, not lose a good player in one position and replace him with a different one.

Toure will probably be the only one involved, perhaps abidal aswell but i find that hard to believe.

styale18

Post by styale18 » 18 May 2010, 22:53

thats what i said and i didnt make it up .... but the tour abidal deal sounds good....i also read from a website that arsenal wants gourcuff and that adriano might go to roma

ScottyBoy
Veteran Member

Post by ScottyBoy » 18 May 2010, 23:01

styale18 wrote:thats what i said and i didnt make it up .... but the tour abidal deal sounds good....i also read from a website that arsenal wants gourcuff and that adriano might go to roma
Yoann Gourcuff is an amazing player, im sure many of the top teams in the world are looking at him but I dont think Arsenal will sign him. If Adriano has a good world cup he may return to Europe although he was proved he is happier in brazil so i dont know if he would want to.

panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 18 May 2010, 23:09

Adriano isn't going to the World cup. Nor do I think he'll be making a move to Europe anytime soon. He's heavy as hell, and looks like a mess recently.[/b]
to know Him is to want to know Him more"

"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'

2brown347
Veteran Member

Post by 2brown347 » 18 May 2010, 23:16

panchester07 wrote:Adriano isn't going to the World cup. Nor do I think he'll be making a move to Europe anytime soon. He's heavy as hell, and looks like a mess recently.[/b]
He can still score though, but I agree he won't be going back to Europe soon most likely. That said he'd be wasting his time at the world cup since I don't see brazil winning with their current squad. Lets face it Ronaldinho was Serie A top assister, Robinho couldn't cut it in Spain, or England (from someone who still likes him as a player) and is now back in Brazil. Who should really be going?

Also I hear Henry to MLS is a done deal.

ScottyBoy
Veteran Member

Post by ScottyBoy » 18 May 2010, 23:23

Yes to new york.

Bit of a sell out to be honest but he should easily tear it up out there and make a name for himself (and a few bucks in the process)

panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 18 May 2010, 23:47

Brazil is always a threat. And currently they are ranked #1 by Fifa. They have a team more than capable of winning the world cup. Not as much samba football, but Dunga knows what he's doing. See Copa America 2007, or Confederations Cup 2009 for reference. Brazil is always a candidate period[/b

Robinho had off the fields problems with Real Madrid, it had nothing to do with his level, and in Man City the same happened with him and Mancini. He'd still be playing over there if it wasn't for the argument he had with him, and actually he still has a contract with City. Also, Robinho always scores and biggens himself with his national squad

I personally would like to see more Ginga, to Brazil, but this side is more oriented till winning trophies than to playing beautifully. They have more indians than chiefs this year, but thats a good thing. The chiefs are smart and as capable enough, and the indians are title hungry and had working, exactly what Dunga was aiming for.

bom1221

Post by bom1221 » 19 May 2010, 01:16

i CANNOT WAIT to see henry in NY. i might actually go to see the games then :D and what do you guys think about liverpool transfers? namely torres, gerrard, and (from what i've heard) benayoun?

Rome_Leader
The Italian Mod

Post by Rome_Leader » 19 May 2010, 01:36

bom1221 wrote:i CANNOT WAIT to see henry in NY. i might actually go to see the games then :D and what do you guys think about liverpool transfers? namely torres, gerrard, and (from what i've heard) benayoun?
I just wanna know who's coming in. I get the feeling it's going to be a general downgrade of talent.

All roads lead to Rome.

Triskaidekaphobia: The unnatural fear of the number 13.
Most of Ballack's opposition have this phobia.

I'm Scott. Don't let the title fool you; I.AM.CANADIAN!

TommyGun
Veteran Member

Post by TommyGun » 19 May 2010, 01:57

Yeah, it sounds like some major shakeups at Liverpool. Benetiz is in talks with Inter just in case Jose leaves...Torres talks have been linked with almost everyone(Chelsea, ManCity, Real Madrid, even Barcelona) Gerrard talks with ManCity, Inter, Juve, AC Milan...Mascherano wants to leave and maybe a replacement for Yaya at Barcelona in the DM slot. The only positive news coming out of Liverpool is they turned down $14M from Arsenal for Reina. You know it's bad when the only good news at a club is that they managed to keep someone there that's be a fixture there for 5 years. Hopefully there will be some solid players left if they do sell all these players and have the cash to show for it.

bom1221

Post by bom1221 » 19 May 2010, 03:46

looks like Villas' a done deal:

http://www.goal.com/en-india/news/222/t ... hursday-or

and i still have a small reserve of hope for liverpool though. but if we lose torres and/or gerrard i think its all gonna go downhill from here. more torres than gerrard lol

panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 19 May 2010, 04:09

Villa will be great in Barcelona, just gotta be careful with those injuries. I don't know if anyone will be as perfect for Barcelona as E'too, but if theres some one thats close to that its definetly Villa.

I remember when Rikjaard was getting the boot, and the new and doubted Pep was saying "Dinho doesn't fit in my project" and the whole world was like wtf did this lad smoke. Little did they know that baldie was gonna lead Barca to 7 titles in 2 years.

Ward9310

Post by Ward9310 » 19 May 2010, 08:53

Deco ready to leave Chelsea for Fluminense.

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/ne ... MHD=soccer