Champions League Knockout 1st Round Draw

Discussion about European club leagues, Champions League and anything in UEFA
Post Reply
panchester07
Veteran Member
Posts: 3849
Joined: 27 Aug 2007, 04:25

Post by panchester07 » 09 Mar 2010, 20:32

News Flash: Arsenal is doing whatever they want to with Porto.. The gunners have had many goal chances, and atleast 4 that where CLEAR, a post, an open goal missed by arshavin, one that was cleared in the line etc etc... the score is 2-0

Trust me, if I'm talking in favor of Arsenal, and against Porto, is cause they have to be doing something right :)


EDIT: You know what, the score is 4-0.. I personally don't think that is fair.. In the second half while it was 2-0 Porto came out stronger, and had 2-3 clear chances... Arsenal had 1-2, but Porto was doing better.. Then, in an Arsenal attack, midget Nasri, breaks the hips (dribbles by) 3 Porto defedners that honestly where ball watching .. After beating the 3, and virtually 1 feet away from the goal, he blasts it with all his might and scores... A play later, its a corner for Porto, counter attack, and Porto defenders jog back, while Arshavin sprints like a rusian Bronco. He dribbles and gives a brilliant pass to Ebgoue who solves by beating the keeper and scoring a nice looking goal.... Fair? Not really, but thats how football happens..
to know Him is to want to know Him more"


"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'

mrbeankid22
Moderator
Posts: 728
Joined: 26 Jul 2005, 02:28
Location: Dallas, TX US

Post by mrbeankid22 » 09 Mar 2010, 21:40

5-0... Bendtner with a hat trick, good too see him finish his chances today, that Burnley game was awful. Idno if you can call it unfair Panchester, Porto did come out strong at the beginning of the second half, but Nasri's goal was Messi like, and the counterattacking goal with Arshavin and Eboue was beautifully executed.

panchester07
Veteran Member
Posts: 3849
Joined: 27 Aug 2007, 04:25

Post by panchester07 » 09 Mar 2010, 21:55

It happens often, a team deserves a 2-1, and doesn't make it happen, miss to much chances, and then the other team DOES finish.. Then people are like damn 3-0 wow, but that wasn't exactly what the game was reflecting....

Anyway, after the 3rd and 4th goal Arsenal was in complete controll..

The 1st goal was a dumb mistake
The 2nd goal was the DUMBEST mistake
The 3rd goal Nasri dribbled through three like if they were cones, for me, they needed to stick him, but maybe he dribbled well.
The 4th goal was good.
The 5th I didn't see I was watching Fiore - Bayern, that was a closer match.

For me 3 where clearly mistakes, that a good team shouldn't make.
to know Him is to want to know Him more"


"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'

ScottyBoy
Veteran Member
Posts: 1692
Joined: 05 Aug 2007, 15:39

Post by ScottyBoy » 09 Mar 2010, 22:00

panchester07 wrote:It happens often, a team deserves a 2-1, and doesn't make it happen, miss to much chances, and then the other team DOES finish.. Then people are like damn 3-0 wow, but that wasn't exactly what the game was reflecting....

Anyway, after the 3rd and 4th goal Arsenal was in complete controll..

The 1st goal was a dumb mistake
The 2nd goal was the DUMBEST mistake
The 3rd goal Nasri dribbled through three like if they were cones, for me, they needed to stick him, but maybe he dribbled well.
The 4th goal was good.
The 5th I didn't see I was watching Fiore - Bayern, that was a closer match.

For me 3 where clearly mistakes, that a good team shouldn't make.
Completely agree with you for 1, 2 and 3 For number 4 on the other hand, the guy chasing Arshavin should have cleaned him out and taken the booking, 5th was debatable whether it was in the box or not.
Image

People who say something cannot be done are often surprised by others doing it.

panchester07
Veteran Member
Posts: 3849
Joined: 27 Aug 2007, 04:25

Post by panchester07 » 09 Mar 2010, 22:08

ScottyBoy wrote:
panchester07 wrote:It happens often, a team deserves a 2-1, and doesn't make it happen, miss to much chances, and then the other team DOES finish.. Then people are like damn 3-0 wow, but that wasn't exactly what the game was reflecting....

Anyway, after the 3rd and 4th goal Arsenal was in complete controll..

The 1st goal was a dumb mistake
The 2nd goal was the DUMBEST mistake
The 3rd goal Nasri dribbled through three like if they were cones, for me, they needed to stick him, but maybe he dribbled well.
The 4th goal was good.
The 5th I didn't see I was watching Fiore - Bayern, that was a closer match.

For me 3 where clearly mistakes, that a good team shouldn't make.
Completely agree with you for 1, 2 and 3 For number 4 on the other hand, the guy chasing Arshavin should have cleaned him out and taken the booking, 5th was debatable whether it was in the box or not.
Great minds think a like :wink:

Edit: Rooney IS playing tomorrow, confirmed.
to know Him is to want to know Him more"


"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'

ReXage
Senior Member
Posts: 104
Joined: 26 Dec 2009, 23:09

Post by ReXage » 09 Mar 2010, 23:25

anyone just see nasri's goal?

bsc
Veteran Member
Posts: 872
Joined: 31 Mar 2008, 16:54
Location: University of Delaware

Post by bsc » 10 Mar 2010, 00:30

Yeah Nasri's goal reminded me of exactly the type of goal C-ronaldo used to score for United. Just threading through the defense with quick feet.
Great move by Wenger playing him more central to substitute for Fabregas. I would have liked to see Eboue start over Rosicky and was so pumped to see that substitute. I think a game like this hopefully gave Bendtner enough confidense to not suck in the domestic league (where I predict us to win the rest of our games). I am a biased fan though :D

I would just like to say in the first leg both goals were goalkeeping mistakes, with the back pass clearly unintentional (It bounced of Sol with no inent to pass).

If you take away all of the mistakes arsenal still would have won the tie one nil from our first leg goal. Football is about taking every chance you get. Arsenal did that well today. They deserved to win.
Image Image
And the dreams that you dare to dream, really do come true

panchester07
Veteran Member
Posts: 3849
Joined: 27 Aug 2007, 04:25

Post by panchester07 » 10 Mar 2010, 01:47

Haha, I don't want to sound arrogant, but my opinion is that Ronaldo could score these goals say 10 times per season, while on the other hand, Nasri's goal seemed lucky, and those goals that he does once in a lifetime... it was a damn good move, but its one of those goals that you are thinking, someone please take the damn ball away from him.... My opinion is that the defenders where ball watching like I said before... and that someone just needed to stick his damn foot in the way, it seemed slow motion for me, and I was thinking anysecond someone is going to block his way......

You know when you are watching a bigger kid, dribble through some younger kids, and you are like he would never do that in a higher level, thats what it felt like for me... (not saying the defenders are low level) they were just not focused, not commited, and they all thought that the man next to him was gonna steal the ball...

Anyway, thats my opinion on the goal, good goal altogether, and props to Nasri for doing it at the highest level of competition haha..
to know Him is to want to know Him more"


"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'

FuturProo1996
Sophomore Member
Posts: 32
Joined: 06 Jan 2010, 20:02

Post by FuturProo1996 » 10 Mar 2010, 02:18

I don't want to sound arrogant, but my opinion is that Ronaldo could score these goals say 10 times per season, while on the other hand, Nasri's goal seemed lucky, and those goals that he does once in a lifetime...
r u crazy dudde? ronnaldo wuld score those goals 10 timez a season, nasri wsa all luck 2day man

bsc
Veteran Member
Posts: 872
Joined: 31 Mar 2008, 16:54
Location: University of Delaware

Post by bsc » 10 Mar 2010, 03:15

Hey panchester, you wouldn't happen to remember that great goal Nasri scored against Manchester United last season, would you?
He's got loads of potential, he's no cronaldo, but he's got the quality to do great things. He just hasn't developed consistency in the premiership. Look up some compilations from his Marsielle games, Nasri has done enough to show goals like that aren't luck. He took advantage of defenders that didn't know what to expect. Which IMO is exactly what great Messi like players do.

He hasn't proven himslef week in week out, but Samir Nasri s one for the future. Don't belittle his achievements ;)
tbh I was more excited when we got him than I was when we got Arshavin. I hope to be proven right, but you never know.
Image Image
And the dreams that you dare to dream, really do come true

ReXage
Senior Member
Posts: 104
Joined: 26 Dec 2009, 23:09

Post by ReXage » 10 Mar 2010, 03:57

bsc wrote:Hey panchester, you wouldn't happen to remember that great goal Nasri scored against Manchester United last season, would you?
He's got loads of potential, he's no cronaldo, but he's got the quality to do great things. He just hasn't developed consistency in the premiership. Look up some compilations from his Marsielle games, Nasri has done enough to show goals like that aren't luck. He took advantage of defenders that didn't know what to expect. Which IMO is exactly what great Messi like players do.

He hasn't proven himslef week in week out, but Samir Nasri s one for the future. Don't belittle his achievements ;)
tbh I was more excited when we got him than I was when we got Arshavin. I hope to be proven right, but you never know.
Yeah and you gotta remember hes only 22 C.Ronaldo wasn't scoring many goals continuously at that age either which would've been the 2006-07 season i believe?.

and Messi and Ronnie are strikers Nasri's not

also I noticed Nasri shines when we need him to like last year against United and todays game if it wasn't for his goal Porto could've still come back. 3 goals in 4 CL matches is great for a midfielder.

soccer11
Admin
Posts: 4870
Joined: 24 Feb 2005, 23:40
Location: Michigan, USA

Post by soccer11 » 10 Mar 2010, 18:19

I kind of get the feeling most of the people on here were watching the Arsenal-Porto game but I have to say, that Bayern-Fiorentina game was one of the better I've seen in a while.
Bayern's defense was very weak though. 2 of Fiorentina's goals would not have been had there been defense played by Bayern. I think it was Buyten. Piss poor defense. He needs to use his size more, especially on that first goal. Vargas seemed to out muscle him. Then on Vargas' second goal, if i remember correctly, he missed the ball coming in from the cross. If Bayern sure up their defense, they could be dangerous.
Image

Evan
Veteran Member
Posts: 1023
Joined: 13 Apr 2007, 00:41

Post by Evan » 10 Mar 2010, 21:42

Madrid are out. 300 mil spent and they get knocked out in the last 16.

Pellegrini is gone lol.
On a different note everyone's pretty good with women when it comes to hookers... well except the sham-wow guy.
Image

ScottyBoy
Veteran Member
Posts: 1692
Joined: 05 Aug 2007, 15:39

Post by ScottyBoy » 10 Mar 2010, 22:06

I agree. Dont know if its fair or not but I dont think he was the right man for the job in the first place, he's a quality manager but he's not the man to lead a $300 euro team lol (I dont actually know if anyone is)

higuain must be kicking himself right now for hitting the post, but based on Madrids second half performance they totally deserved to lose even though it was Lyons first chance of the game, but thats how football goes.

As ive predicted and said before Lyon are Real Madrids "bogey team"

On the flipside you had Man Utd absolutely crushing AC Milan
Image

People who say something cannot be done are often surprised by others doing it.

Evan
Veteran Member
Posts: 1023
Joined: 13 Apr 2007, 00:41

Post by Evan » 10 Mar 2010, 22:14

higuain must be kicking himself right now for hitting the post, but based on Madrids second half performance they totally deserved to lose even though it was Lyons first chance of the game, but thats how football goes
Yeah I bet he is. Poor kid, he's one of the best finishers in the world. He hit the woodwork twice against Sevilla, as well as missing an easy shot inside the box. Then today he misses the open net, and he should have finished another one early on. The press is going to roast him, Marca is always printing sh*t off about how Benzema should be starting over him.

Pellegrini has done a great job, I'll be sad to see him go. Something about Madrid though, it just never works out.

Florentino Perez must be feeling like the fucktard that he is. 300 mil on some of the best attackers available. Kaka has not lived up to the expectation, Benzema has sucked, and Ronaldo has been the only one who has really done well.

I honestly hate Perez so much, not just because of the failure today, but because he is just a retard. I felt the same way when he started trying to bring in all the big names again. He could have got Silva+Villa which would have been great, but no he tries to buy Ribery, Silva, Villa, Ronaldo, Kaka. Buy a fu**ing defender ffs. There were better options IMO and he is an idiot.

end rant.
On a different note everyone's pretty good with women when it comes to hookers... well except the sham-wow guy.
Image

Post Reply