Champions League Knockout 1st Round Draw

Discussion about European club leagues, Champions League and anything in UEFA
shahensha
Veteran Member

Yeah, Barca had a clear second goal in the second half when Ibra shot the ball at the net and it got deflected by some fellow "molinaro?". There was clear motion of the arm towards the ball to stop the goal.

I am very tired of Busquets. He is a good defensive player but sometimes on the attack, he is just downright annoying. If Toure had played things would have been different.

Henry barely did anything, apart from running back to the halfway line and get some touches. I know Pep was going for experience, but Pedro would have been a better choice.

panchester07
Veteran Member

Yeah agreed, though by taking out Toure I think it was, and putting in Henry.. Barcelona started playing much better... Not by Henry, but the positioning of Iniesta changed when that substition was made.. Iniesta started running the show (at times)...

Here are the two incidents in Barcelona's box, one was pk for sure, (Marquez pushing), the other one (Pique's handball), maybe wasn't because it was uninetentional.. who knows..
to know Him is to want to know Him more"

"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'

shahensha
Veteran Member

oh well, both sides had appeals turned down. I think Pogrebnyak was a menace for barca's defence too.

Although, the ball movement improved by a ton during the second half when Iniesta moved to the middle, Henry didnt really do much to help. The ball circulated in the middle and right side alot, but barely on the left. With the ball being played to the right alot, Messi was well covered.

Iniesta had a good game throughout, except the chance he wasted from messi's cutback.

It was good to see xavi back in action too. The way he was running around commanding posession and crashing the box when he didnt have the ball alteast assures us that he is healthy.

Hopefully in a month's time alves is back too.

Kasaki
Veteran Member

What is with barca and cheatin in the last 2 years umm... :roll:

panchester07
Veteran Member

Kasaki wrote:What is with barca and cheatin in the last 2 years umm... :roll:
Stamford Bridge was the only CLEAR one to my eyes..But its not Barca's fault, I think those wher honest mistakes and misconceptions from the ref... Either way, was it two clear penalties that he didn't call?

The ballack one is the only one I remember for now..

Kasaki
Veteran Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Au4SzbOAeHk
BTW me and drogba felt the same way and am a MAN UTD fan btw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VkhQZNHcxmE

panchester07
Veteran Member

Kasaki wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Au4SzbOAeHk
BTW me and drogba felt the same way and am a MAN UTD fan btw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VkhQZNHcxmE
Haha, big eye-opener.. Those are the things you don't want to forget..
Sure the referee sucks. and whatever.. But if only one of those 4 (4 where clear to me) would have been fairly called.. Barcelona wouldn't have made the final....

I feel the same way you, and Drogba feel, and i'm a Man U fan...

I don't know, I reckon it wasn't planned to let them pass to the final, but its extremely fu**in unfair that they did.. Its almost a year ago, but those are the things that once you remember, you still get pissed off by seing..

Pique's handball was the clearest.. How did he nnot see that?
Abidal's shirt pulling and kicking was also quick evident..
Etoo's was also a handball, but I understand it was close to the back and shoulder and he could have missed it..

Anyway, damn, you miss one of these, or maybe two, but not all of them.. And what about the linesmen?

Kasaki
Veteran Member

The ref was the same guy who reffed fiorentina and bayerns game and let klose's 2 YARD offside goal, everyone knew it was offsides but he couldn't "see" it .

Kasaki
Veteran Member

shahensha
Veteran Member

That ref is a fu**ing disgrace

Magicfeet

That's the linesmans fault, not the refs.

panchester07
Veteran Member

Chelsea pass easy in Stamford.. The superiority English team have right now is just :shock: ..

I see another Semifinal, full of English Teams, and Barcelona jaja..

Hey, did my Red Devils get the best result? 2-3 @ Milan.. Must be the best result in this first leg!!

Cristiano who? :lol:

Wanderer
Veteran Member

Yeh the refs ok. He was great in the Barcelona-Chelsea semi too. Not bowing to the pressure to give Chelsea penalties in a big game.

On a side note tho, after watchin Lucio's performamce, gotta kinda admit that I might hav been abit wrong and kinda agree with s11 that Brazil hav some decent center backs. I still noe Im right bout the Barca youth thing tho lol.

Oh yeh and btw, did anyone see the moment in the match where Lucio went down in theatrical fashion after a light shove and was rolling on the floor in agony, while Drogba looked on with disbelief on his face? Was pretty funny.

Bet he was thinking.."You're showing off in front of the expert?" lol

Kinda like Drogba recently tho. He's a c**t, but an entertaining one, and guess I just like c**ts lol..

panchester07
Veteran Member

Can someonee tell me if Rooney is gonna play vs Milan :shock: :shock: !

I heard he is in doubt.... I wouldn't want to force it, but on the other hand, its Rooney, and we aint't guaranteed anything!!

nick117
Veteran Member

unknown still he shouldn't have played vs england it was obvious that he was going to the WC.