Champions League Knockout 1st Round Draw

Discussion about European club leagues, Champions League and anything in UEFA
panchester07
Veteran Member

klc123 wrote:African Americans aren't "evolved" to be better runners.

Yes genetically, people from certain places have more fast twitch muscle fibres when they are born. But the amount of fast twitch muscle fibres you have can be altered completely. You could be born with none and if you done the right training could end up having a massive percentage as fast twitch like olypic sprinters have.

Usain Bolt isn't the fastest man in the world because he is black. Hes the fastest man in the world because he trainers harder than anyone else.

Its like by your logic, how come the african americans aren't winning every single power event? Bike sprinting is completely dominated by the british because we spend lots of money and train harder than anyone else to be stronger and faster, the koreans are the fastest speed skaters because they train harder than everyone else. I could go on and on with different examples. If a white man trained his whole life and trained harder than anyone else in the world, he could be the fastest man on the planet. Its just that the jamicans at the moment train much harder and put all their fundings into sprint training where as no one else does.
If you made me do the same sprinting drills Usain Bolt did, I would never be as fast as him..

I believe West Africans, having to work so much physically, evolved into a stronger more physical race.. Specially with the slave trade and etc..These west africans were forced to do the physical work the white man didn't want to do.. In Panama, they made them build the canal, carry 100 pounds of rocks in their shoulders, all day long, to put it down, they worked 14 hours per day, they then started evolving into stronger more resistant race....

Why isn't biking dominated by west african origin people? Easy, the same reason Tennis, Hockey, Horse Racing, aren't dominated by west african black people, because they honestly don't have the resources to by a bike, or get horse, or buy tennis rackets.. They also aren't put in environments where these sports and practices are common..

If any white person did the drills that Usain Bolt did they wouldn't end up running as fast as him never...

Its not like the coachs say, oh your black, join the team, or your white, you can't join the team...

They have high school track, and the best ones pass to college track, and the best ones pass to olympic track.. theres no discrimination towards white people, just that if they don't make the cut, they don't make it.. And black kids and white kids where put to do the same drills, and black responded better, and became faster, thats why coaches take them and not the white ones..
to know Him is to want to know Him more"

"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'

klc123
Veteran Member

No if you done the same drills you wouldn't be as fast as him because he has had a head start. If you trained HARDER than him however you would have a chance.

From personal experience. I train my sprinting ability all the time, nearly every day possible, and im always the fastest player on the pitch and im white irish. Always the fastest and, reguardless of the race im playing against.

Evolotion doesn't happen over a few hundred years, speices evolve over hundreds and thousands of years. Its like the black people in america that have lived there for 200 years, their not white now, their skin hasn't evolved backwards, if they remained in america for a further 10 thousand years however they probably would be white.

The only difference between you and usain bolt is he trains much harder than you and has been training for a much longer period of time that you. Besides that there is no reason your not faster than him. He was born with more fast twitch muscle fibres than you, but it would take less than 2 years training for you to get the same % of fast twitch fibres as him.

panchester07
Veteran Member

Porto wins today, 3-1 Is my prediction..

klc123
Veteran Member

Really lol?

I donno, it depends how well fabregas plays. Could go either way.

panchester07
Veteran Member

Yeah Really.. Porto is good and arsenal is kind of struggling (lately), we'lll see..

Hulk and Falcao score :)

Edit: 1st goal, the Arsenal keeper made a mistake that you don't see in the 9th division of Kazahkstan... First he waits for the cross instead of anticipating it, and then he tries to punch it out.. Terrible mistake..

Re-Edit: Nice Campbell goal, they say 2 headers in the box always result in a goal.. Well those where 3 headers..

klc123
Veteran Member

Cambells goal was brilliant.

The first goal was a huge mistake, i think the problem was he antipated a inswinging cross and started to run out for it and when the cross was played he tried to back up and correct himself and completely got it wrong, im not too sure though, i only got one look at it, either way, not a mistake someone at the top level should be making.

I still think arsenal will win, Fabregas is playing well in the centre but hes getting torn apart.

panchester07
Veteran Member

klc123 wrote:Cambells goal was brilliant.

The first goal was a huge mistake, i think the problem was he antipated a inswinging cross and started to run out for it and when the cross was played he tried to back up and correct himself and completely got it wrong, im not too sure though, i only got one look at it, either way, not a mistake someone at the top level should be making.

I still think arsenal will win, Fabregas is playing well in the centre but hes getting torn apart.
Yeah Fabregas is retaining the ball well, he hasn't done anything good yet, just decent horizontal passes, and holding the ball to let their men catch a breath....

The Porto goal was retarded, but its not their fault, the polish keeper made a terrible mistake, yeah he was probably expecting something else, but he froze with nerves and waited calmly for the ball to get his way... Not good man..

Edit: Campbell passes it Back to Fabianski, and the genius picks it up with his hand... Indirect foul signaled, Porto plays fast, and scores.. Two dumb mistakes.... Mistakes are expensive in football..

two KEY mistakes, to KEY gifts to Porto, and they're 2-1 up..

Campbell is playing pretty well, but he looks heavy and slow.. Im sure a good one on one and he'll collapse anytime haha

bsc
Veteran Member

We never should have let go of Mad Jens. He's doing well enough in Germany now.
Fabianski isn't ready for a champions league match at all. He's still in development, just remember that FA cup match vs Chelsea last year.
I'm not convinced Almunia is fit to wear the shirt.

Porto are having a worse season than Arsenal and haven't been in great form lately either. Last time I checked Porto were in third and looked in no way challenging for the tital.

I'm not worried about the second leg as an Arsenal fan.

And Sol Campbell is one of only 3 players to have played in every season of the premier league. He won silverware with Portsmouth when they won the FA cup and I'm not sure if I'm remembering right, did he score against barcelona in 06? He was a great player in his hay day.
Image Image
And the dreams that you dare to dream, really do come true

DanielCFC
New User

i think thatt chelsea will beat inter and if they do im 100% sure that they will win this years champions league

panchester07
Veteran Member

Sttugart 1 - Barcelona 0 .. 25th minute

Sttutgart is playing similar to how Rubin Kazaan played.. Strong pressure once Barca crosses the midgield (which is working), and then counterattack (which worked with the goal)... So far, everything is going sttutgarts way....

Cacau scored, he scored 4 last Saturday in the Bundesliga, and 1 today (for now) against FCB..

Not to mention he is Brazilian, and Brazil,KLC, is in South America.. I'm sure you can come up with some magical excuse of why that player only came to Europe to get better or something right?

Stutgart 1 - Barcelona 0

Interesting quote the stutgart coach said...

"Each player has to play beyond their own limits"

they are playing well, organized, defending like kamikaze's, and attacking with precision, they fight for each ball like if it was the last one...

The field is a bit wet or is it just me?

Kasaki
Veteran Member

I predicted this btw lol , u all need to watch the german league hopefully, barca dont come back with avengence

panchester07
Veteran Member

Stutgart are 9th in the german league, but they won 6 out of their 7 last matches, and thats since they changed manager to the swiss man Gross?
Apparently they where having a hard time replacing Mario Gomez, and getting the goals, and where struggling in general, untill this manager kind of got them playing good football..

Hleb played a very good first half, and a decent second..
Cacau is a very, very good player and almost gets 1 more goal..

Sttutgart was playing way better than Barcelona prior to the end of the first half.. The key for them would have been to get a second goal, when they where dominating and creating the most chances....

Didn't happen, and in the second half, Stuttgart struggled to keep up their incredibly high rhythim, (pressure, don't give the attacker an inch, and counterattack), which no team can keep up for 90 minutes, and Pep Guardiola did some good tactical and positional changes and Barcelona played much better in the second half...

Fair result.. imo..

Kasaki
Veteran Member

True it was fair, but if they play like that, and dominate midfield and then use subs second half they will moveon

panchester07
Veteran Member

Kasaki wrote:True it was fair, but if they play like that, and dominate midfield and then use subs second half they will moveon
@ Nou Camp? In front of 100,000 fans? In 21 days? I doubt it...

The detail they would need to get, is to score more than once when they are playing better.. That way they can put the match away..

Rafa Marquez pushed a dude in the box that was a CLEAR pk..
A ball hit Pique's hand that was uninetional, but it still was a handball..

BayernFan
New User

panchester07 wrote:
Kasaki wrote:True it was fair, but if they play like that, and dominate midfield and then use subs second half they will moveon
@ Nou Camp? In front of 100,000 fans? In 21 days? I doubt it...

The detail they would need to get, is to score more than once when they are playing better.. That way they can put the match away..

Rafa Marquez pushed a dude in the box that was a CLEAR pk..
A ball hit Pique's hand that was uninetional, but it still was a handball..
i agree i do not see them beating barca at home..
about the penalties im not so sure about piques handball but barca also had a situation that could have been a penalty.