62%
Los Galacticos II
31%
Neither wins, its a draw
8%

Total votes: 13

shahensha
Veteran Member

You make it sound like you are twisting the meaning for your own point. Madrid defended well in the first half but their attack wasnt on par.

Also I dont think that Madrid (if they ARE better than last season) should have allowed Barcelona to run rampant and pull off the football show when Madrid was the one with the advantage.

So either Madrid still has many flaws and kinks to fix, which was never mentioned or acknowledged by you or Barcelona plays just as well with Ibrahimovich

panchester07
Veteran Member

This is the best madrid in 17 years according to statistics... 27 points last fixture, making better start even than when they won the league 07 and 08, with capello and shuster accordingly.. So statistically a much better madrid..

Madrid has flaws to fix, like every team, but the fact that they have less flaws to fix makes them a better team right.. That was whole point this madrid is better than last years league.. 1-0 is BETTER than 2-6 right?

Last, Barcelona has gaven away points that they diddnt last year, Rubin Kazaan (1 lost, and 1 tie), Bilbao (tie), Valencia (tie, its valencia but still) and Osasuna... That makes this barcelona more flawful, than last years.. RIGHT?
They still play brilliant football, but not as good, maybe theyll get better, but this year madrid is good too...

That was my whole point, that entire whole sentence, I only meant that.. That one got better, and one disinproved
to know Him is to want to know Him more"

"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'

shahensha
Veteran Member

If you are a la liga regular, you would know playing in san mames, pampalona and mestalla is the most trickiest thing to do.

You speak of facts but you forget that Barcelona is the only team in uefa to not have lost a single league game yet.

Or Perhaps you knew that but you conveneintly forgot to mention it and opted for stats from a totally different league, which is somewhat irrelevant here. We are discussing La liga, you are going somewhere else. Regardless, Barcelona is in the top of the table after dismantling the Italian champions, which is still pretty good.

Oh well, if you are throwing in performances in different leagues then sure........Alarcon.......third division. Enough said.

Also how has Barcelona worsened? The team scores from crosses now. When Zlatan plays, there is an ACTUAL aerial threat. Barcelona never had that with Eto'o. Isnt adding another feature to the attack an improvement?

casar22
Veteran Member

Damn I can't believe Real Madrid lost, we had so many opportunities but we couldn't score. I don't know about you guys but I thought the game wasn't really exciting. I'm glad Cristiano Ronaldo only played and hour because he wasn't fully fit, great decision by Pellegrini. Anyways, barcelona won but hopefully next year Madrid will beat them.

Bienvenido Cristiano Ronaldo!

panchester07
Veteran Member

casar22 wrote:Damn I can't believe Real Madrid lost, we had so many opportunities but we couldn't score. I don't know about you guys but I thought the game wasn't really exciting. I'm glad Cristiano Ronaldo only played and hour because he wasn't fully fit, great decision by Pellegrini. Anyways, barcelona won but hopefully next year Madrid will beat them.
Good call, I have no doubt Madrid will win at home, and that they will be ahead in the table..Anyway, this time Barcelona had more chances, and they did play better.. Iniesta, Keita(or abidal cant remember), Messi, Henry, all had clear chances..

On madrids side there was ronaldos, kaka almost toe-poked one, and benzemas dumb ass "cleared" one in Barcelonas 6 yard box, he hit that way to bad.. But those 3 where the only clear ones in my opinion ..

Barca had more..
to know Him is to want to know Him more"

"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'

casar22
Veteran Member

shahensha wrote:You make it sound like you are twisting the meaning for your own point. Madrid defended well in the first half but their attack wasnt on par.

Also I dont think that Madrid (if they ARE better than last season) should have allowed Barcelona to run rampant and pull off the football show when Madrid was the one with the advantage.

So either Madrid still has many flaws and kinks to fix, which was never mentioned or acknowledged by you or Barcelona plays just as well with Ibrahimovich
I think this was Pellegrini's fault because he should've added more attackers like for example I would've taken Marcelo out (because he was just giving the ball away) and sent Benzema in. Opportunities like that have to be exploited especially against a team like barcelona. Just look at what happened in the 1st half the game should've been 0-1 or 0-2 but marcelo and Cristiano Ronaldo missed their opportunities and that's exactly what Pellegrini did, he wasted a really good opportunity.

On the other hand, like shahensa said, Ibrahimovic did not start the game. Ibrahimovic is a great player (just look at what he did, he came in and scored. He only had one shot, one opportunity and he used it) and he is, without a doubt, a key man for barcelona, Henry can't replace him. If he would've started the game the story would've been so much different.

I really hope that when real madrid and barcelona play again next year they have a full, healthy squad because I want to see them play at their full potential.

Bienvenido Cristiano Ronaldo!

shahensha
Veteran Member

casar22 wrote: I really hope that when real madrid and barcelona play again next year they have a full, healthy squad because I want to see them play at their full potential.
Amen brother, amen.

ScottyBoy
Veteran Member

I think that game showed exactly where these two teams are.

Real Madrid missed a cutting edge that would certainly have won the game for them. They showed that they are capable of beating barcelona and arnt far of developing into a team that can do damage in both spain and europe.

Barcelona showed they still have quality when it matters, but clearly missed an out and out striker until Ibrahimovic came on.

As for the goal, forget Ibrahimovic. All he did was stick the ball in the net. its all about Pique 8) He started the move then jogged forward, and forward and forward until he was on the edge of the box (this happened because he was obviously instructed to by Pep to have 2 big men in the box when they could) When the cross came in pepe only had eyes for pique and practically forgot about the big man at the back post.

Genius is, that pique had no reason to go forward if he was a conventional centre back but he's better than that. if he hadnt, the logical place for ibrahimovic to be in when the cross came in would be Piques thus he probably wouldnt have scored

favourite quote of the night. Talking about Barcelona, "There are plenty of wonderfullly talent players and then theres Carlos Puyol.... That was meant as a compliment."

People who say something cannot be done are often surprised by others doing it.