62%
Los Galacticos II
31%
Neither wins, its a draw
8%

Total votes: 13

shahensha
Veteran Member

Tomorrow, Madrid vists Barcelona to play in the most heated rivalry match in the history of football. Madrid is at the top of the table by 1 point.

Madrid started off excellently but hit a slump in october, coincidentally at the same time as cronaldo's injury. However, ever since their embarassing exit from the copa del rey they have gone back to their winning ways, with Kaka's winning influence becoming more apparent with each game. Furthermore Cronaldo is back from injury and will see some playing time.

Barcelona also had a brilliant start to the campaign matching Madrid toe to toe, however they too hit a slump after some unfortunate injuries. Barcelona went back to their beautiful football ways with the defeat against Inter, but Madrid will be a much tougher opponent. I am positinve they will barely allow any space for our yin & yang to wreak havoc in the midfield they did against inter.

Fortunately, Yaya and abidal are back from swine flu and Ibra and Messi have recovered from their injuries.

One thing i am happy about is that Pellegrini is the madrid coach now. Pellegrini's method of defending is to play the offside trap and hold on to possession. That means he will encourage Madrid to charge in the lion's den instead of parking the bus like Schuster and Juande Ramos.

This should be an exciting fixture. Both possession savy, attack-minded coaches with a squad full of the best players in the world. Lets all hope its a cracker.

Your thoughts?

ScottyBoy
Veteran Member

The balance between these two has changed over the last 6 months. On one side Barca are definitely a weaker side than they were last year but are still capable of superb football, and on the other you have Madrid who are undoubtably a better side than they were last season but still have some very concerning flaws to say the least.

I predict a good game but at the same time im not holding out any hope for a classic or a high scoring affair like the last time these teams met.

Im still not convinced by Kaka, i dont think he's put one good performance in away from home this season

And for barcelona, their style of play has changed for since eto'o left and i think the team and messi have suffered.

People who say something cannot be done are often surprised by others doing it.

Xander427
Sophomore Member

As a Madrid fan, I hope they win. I don't like saying I like Madrid anymore so I won't be seen as a glory hunter like a lot of people now-a-days... Anyway, I hve a feeling Madrid will play on the counter, specially if ronaldo plays. Kaka as well, both are incredibly fast and physically imposing at over six feet tall. Whoever plays on madrids left side will come up against alves, a very, very good wing back, so the physical contact might be of even even greater importance as he is 5'7. The game will be won in the midfield. Xabi vs xavi and lass vs iniesta, whoever can control the midfield will win, and as much as I hate to say it, barcas midfield will dominate Madrids, unless lass brings his A-game, and closes down either of them as soon as they receive the ball. As far as strikers go, the only one I see making a significant contribution is higuain. Benzema hasn't convinced me, and ibrahimovic can't even score on a one on one. Defense wise, pepe better bring the desire he had in 07-08, when he was the best player on the park. Puyol is a rock and piqué is the new beckenbauer, just not as good, yet... Madrids left back is my only concern, messi is gonna have a field day. Casillas will be the difference. I say Madrid 2-barca 1. Higuain, ronaldo;messi.

shahensha
Veteran Member

I wouldnt really doubt Kaka's abilities. Granted he has not fully adapted to Madrid yet however, he always somehow seems to pull off a play that affects the scoreline.

Also I agree that Madrid is not playing the beautiful football Pellegrini made villareal famous for at the moment. Its the individual flashes of brilliance that will cost us. Especially from the likes of Kaka, Cronaldo and Alonso. Lets also not forget Higuain who has a knack for scoring against Barcelona.

Also, Eto'o's departure has definitely changed the team dynamic. The 4-3-3 changes into a diamond 4-4-2 alot, with Messi taking the hole.

I suspect that is whats going to happen tomorrow. Messi will move into the middle to form a triangle with xavi and iniesta, while Toure holds cover in an attempt by guardiola to assert total midfield control. Henry and Zlatan will play the strikers.

Alves is heavily attack-minded and wont hesitate to push up and contribute to the ball movement. Hell, thats the main reason why we bought him. The whole right flank is his and thats possible because he is a robot. As quick as he is and no matter how much stamina he has, there will be an occasion or two where he will be breifly caught off his position. That is perfect oppurtunity for Madrid to attack and take their chances. Its gonna be tricky though because during Alves' runs, Puyol moves to the right and Toure moves back to form a defensive diamond.

I am just glad that both teams have their major impact players (bar guti) readily available to them.

2brown347
Veteran Member

I never thought I'd say this to u Hen, but I think your giving cr too much credit. In all honestly he wasn't dominating while he was playing, he scored some goals, but it was like 5 or something in league and his assist count isn't impressive. And lets face it, he isn't a play starter.

shahensha
Veteran Member

naw Kaka will always be the playmaker, cronaldo will never be able to play that role. Cronaldo pulls the trigger alot and knows how to make good contact with the ball, which concerns me a bit.

shahensha
Veteran Member

Finally! El Clasico!

Lineups announced

Madrid

--------------------Iker--------------

----Ramos---Pepe-----Albiol----Arbeloa

------------Lass-------------Alonso

----Cronaldo--------Kaka---------Marcello

--------------------Higuain-----------------

Barcelona

------------------Valdes-------------

----A------Puyol------Pique------Abidal

----L-----------Busquets-----------

----V------xavi----------Keita------

----E---Messi------------------Inesta

----S-------------Henry--------------

panchester07
Veteran Member

Barca has the ball more, madrid has had more goal chances in my humble opinnion

HALA MADRIDD!
to know Him is to want to know Him more"

"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'

Xander427
Sophomore Member

*sigh* just as I predicted, Madrid played on the counter, and very well I might add. Madrid dominated the first half and ronaldo shouldve had a goal. Good job to barca, and the man of the match was easily puyol. A draw wouldve been fair, but all that matters is the scoreline.

panchester07
Veteran Member

hey from 2-6 to 1-0 is a great deal of progress.. Scotyboy is right Barca is not playing as good, and madrid is playing better..

In bernabeu, totally different story, im sure it will be... Barca is only 2 point ahead, If Madrid can win the matches and stay close to Barca i am sure they will win the league..Why cause barca slips against other teams like Bilbao.. While Madrid wins these games...

Im sure shahensa thinks different but I believe that for the Next Match between these to giants of football.. Madrid will even be ahead of barca, First in the league.. And in bernabeu they have a big advantage.... Thats my opinion and im nothing but a fan, so you dont have to believe me..

Evan
Veteran Member

Could have been a different story today if Madrid had taken their chances...what would have happened if Ronaldo had scored? Higuain should have scored aswell, Benzema missed a wide open goal on that corner when he kicked it over...and Marcelo took that bad touch and Puyol was able to block his shot. Props to Barca though, they won.
On a different note everyone's pretty good with women when it comes to hookers... well except the sham-wow guy.

panchester07
Veteran Member

Yeah ronaldo should have known that Victor Valdes was gonna try to cover the right side and he should have crossed it more to the left in that one, for me the most clear one..

klc123
Veteran Member

Barca deserved the win in my opinion, wasn't the best classico, but Messi by far outshined the other "star" players, Kaka didn't get into the match and is only a shadow of the great player he was in italy, Benzema had 2 clear cut chances he should have scored and ronaldo had a flat game, which is understandable seeing as he is just back from injury.

Puyol played fantastic, I thought the barcelona player getting set off was a bit harsh and i felt more than one Real player should have been sent off.

shahensha
Veteran Member

panchester07 wrote:hey from 2-6 to 1-0 is a great deal of progress.. Scotyboy is right Barca is not playing as good, and madrid is playing better..
We played alll our best players in 2-6 drubbing but had excluded two starters in this 1-0 defeat so lets not jump to conclusions. The team dynamic changed alot with Ibra and Yaya.

Oh wait its you panchester. You have an excellent way of misinterpreting everything anyone says.

But yes, Madrid is playing better and they are playing as if they have no flaws at all. Ofcourse, that explains how they couldnt stop Barcelona from still dominating possession and attacking when Busquets was red carded. Their approach to team-work over individual talent allowed them to take full advantage of having an extra player on the field. Right?

Madrid only looked threatening for a brief moment in the first half after the 20th minute. Cronaldo was easily dealt with after by Pique. The ex manchester united player snuffed the ball out of cronaldo multiple times.

Messi began the game slow but really started to hit his stride after the first half hour. Madrid players had no answer for how to stop him, well except one and that was fouling him.

Ibrahimovich was the answer tonight. His touch and balance brought a lot to the game. Barcelona went back to their usual tempo as soon as he stepped on to the pitch. Also that goal was world class.

After the red card, Yaya was thrown in and Barcelona began to play much better. Ball movement improved by a mile and you could see the frustration building up in Madrid from their inability to stop a 10 man team from continuing to maintain possession and attack the goal. It was the main reason behind Lass' sending off.

panchester07
Veteran Member

shahensha wrote:
panchester07 wrote:hey from 2-6 to 1-0 is a great deal of progress.. Scotyboy is right Barca is not playing as good, and madrid is playing better..

Oh wait its you panchester. You have an excellent way of misinterpreting everything anyone says.

quote]

Why you gotta make that personal attack dude .. Do you feel much cooler after that? All I did was repeat what scottyboy said, and not because he said it, but because its the truth.. Everytime I talk about barcelona you take it personal.. Your not the only one that watches the Spanish league.. If I write something thats not true I always ppost that it was in fact my opinion..If you wanna debate just say it I got my info straitt!