The new Galacticos

Discussion about European club leagues, Champions League and anything in UEFA
panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 16 May 2010, 19:01

Barca are champions, a resigned Madrid only tied Malaga 1-1 and did them the favor of helping them stay in the 1st division.

Messi scored twice, and tied Cr7's record 42 goals per season..

Ronaldo the brazilian, scored 47 goals per season, back in 98 when he played for Barca.. He scored 34 in the league, and 13 in other tournaments.

Congratulations to Barcelona and their fans, and to Messi that will win the Golden Boot. I wanna see him play like this with Argentina. And I know he wants to aswell.
to know Him is to want to know Him more"

"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'

evolutionr91

Post by evolutionr91 » 16 May 2010, 19:09

messi got 47 goals this season dude...

panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 16 May 2010, 19:42

evolutionr91 wrote:messi got 47 goals this season dude...
WTFFFF
You are right, I'm wrong.

My bad :oops: :oops:

What the commentator meant, is he tied the OLD Ronaldo in goals per season. 34, which he got in 98, and Messi just did with the two he got. And he tied him in overall goals 47, and exactly 34 in the league what a damn coincidence, let me check how old they were when they did... 21 Ronaldo, 22 Messi..

So they both scored 34 in the league, 13 out of it, with the same team, one was 21, and the second one was 22. Thats phenomenal.

klc123
Veteran Member

Post by klc123 » 16 May 2010, 19:51

Thats phenomenal.
Was that intended lol?

panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 17 May 2010, 00:57

klc123 wrote:
Thats phenomenal.
Was that intended lol?
No I only know like 4 cool adjectives in english, phenomenal, great, very good, and exellent, so I try to switch them around so I don't sound monotonous haha, 100% coincidence. Let me try again, thats .. thats.... magnificent!!

LiveTheDream
Veteran Member

Post by LiveTheDream » 17 May 2010, 07:43

Clearly you know 5 Panchester :D

Hope Messi plays this good in the World Cup! I wanna be entertained when I'm getting up at 2am to watch him play, if he doesn't play well I'm gonna be sleep deprived AND disappointed (really, that isn't a good combination :P)
Don't wish things were easier...

... Wish you were better

Focus on the journey, and the result will take care of itself

klc123
Veteran Member

Post by klc123 » 17 May 2010, 21:48

I prefer phenomenal, fitted perfectly with you talking about R9 :lol:

shahensha
Veteran Member

Post by shahensha » 24 Oct 2010, 04:39

Finally I had a chance to watch Madrid in H.D. cough cough :roll: .......and I must say, holy sh*t!!

With Mourinho's influence taking effect, this Madrid side is starting to appear like a true Galactico. Another 6 goal mauling this week against Racing Santander.

Madrid's gameplay strategy doesnt dwell on posession play. They dont pass around the ball many times to find a perfect opening. Its all quick short one-touch passes to get out of a crowded area and intelligent runs behind the defenders for a chance at goal.

Cronaldo has been in phenomenal form, stealing the spot-light with 4 goals but Ozil and Di Maria deserve plaudits too.

Di Maria was exceptional today! Making two assists and winning the penalty for Cronaldo's fourth. Intelligently floating around and switching positions with Cronaldo and Higuain. He dazzled the crowd with a Rabona and a good attempt at a bicycle kick. Mourinho was so happy with his performance that he randomly hugged him in the middle of the first half. Later in the second half, Marcelo was subbed out after getting a knock and Mourinho decided to use Di Maria as a left wingback. Di Maria did well closing down defenders and winning the ball on a few occasions and Mourinho was very amused at his genius decision.

The Bernabeu crowd definitely enjoyed watching Mourinho's genius at work. After the third goal, the stadium was echoing with "Jose Mourinho...Jose Mourinho...Jose Mourinho...Jose Mourinho" (in that famous italian opera tune. i dont know the name)

All I can say now is that this Madrid is actually looking like the attacking juggernaut that the Madridistas have wanted for the longest time. Defensively, Pepe looks more calm and composed with Jose Carvalho as his partner, who has really adapted to the cb role at Madrid.

This season just got exciting. November 28 is going to be nuts.

Evan
Veteran Member

Post by Evan » 24 Oct 2010, 08:28

Yeah Madrid are definitely looking stronger by each week. Hopefully Villa is in form by the time El Clasico rolls around. He's not getting much in the way of goals at the moment.
On a different note everyone's pretty good with women when it comes to hookers... well except the sham-wow guy.

panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 24 Oct 2010, 22:47

Evan wrote:
Yeah Madrid are definitely looking stronger by each week. Hopefully Villa is in form by the time El Clasico rolls around. He's not getting much in the way of goals at the moment.
He's just inacurate imo, like, I see him creating chances, I just don't see him putting them away.. Though I think he needs to improve his game over all... Surely in a month, when its time for the clasico, he'll be in better shape and form...

Messi, inspite of scoring 4 goals in 2 matches, isn't 100% either, he's not making those plays so characteristic of him in which he beat 3 players and shoots, I see him kind of slow, and definetly not till 100%.. Let us remember he was injured, and hopefully and very probably he too will be 100% for the clasico......

Xavi is also hurting in his achiles tendon's, so thats another problem.....

But logic says, that the 3 of them will be top form for nov 28, so let's hope they will.. This clasico wont be recommended for people with heart problems, anything can go down! tiki-taka, vs galactico offensive football.... oooo myyyy gawd!

shahensha
Veteran Member

Post by shahensha » 25 Oct 2010, 01:01

I think Messi was brilliant against Zaragoza. He was everywhere on the field, making great passes and beating people left right and centre. Thanks to villa acting like a nun in front of the goal, Messi has taken the responsibility of scoring as well.

panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 25 Oct 2010, 01:11

shahensha wrote:I think Messi was brilliant against Zaragoza. He was everywhere on the field, making great passes and beating people left right and centre. Thanks to villa acting like a nun in front of the goal, Messi has taken the responsibility of scoring as well.
Well I just watched a 10 minute summary, because unfortunately I don't have skysports, and my cable company only passes 1 la liga game per day, so its either madrid or barca per weekend most of the time.. so yeah i talked without knowing so much... in the 10 minute highlight, i din't see him dribbling and beating players like he used to before injury and always, and i didn't see him do that vs Copenhague...... but you watched the match, and if your telling me Messi was beating people and misbehaving like he always does thenn fool you just made my day because I love watching Lio play at his max levell (L)

the race for pichichi is going to be interesting this year, you know, with Ronaldo scoring all these tap ins and pk's..

shahensha
Veteran Member

Post by shahensha » 31 Oct 2010, 17:20

lol two more tap ins from cronaldo this saturday. its all too easy for him.

Messi scored a brace too but Villa's two left footed finishers were amazing. Finally he is scoring quality goals like everyone expected him too. The second was very identical to messi's second, except messi started deeper.

Villa's first goal however, just oozed class starting from messi's initial run to Villa's sublime finish.

Evan
Veteran Member

Post by Evan » 31 Oct 2010, 17:30

Villa's first gave me a hard-on. The brilliance of Messi to cut in between the two Sevilla players, finding Villa, and Villa's wonderful touch to get into space and curl the shot far post. Beating Sevilla 5-0 is no joke.
On a different note everyone's pretty good with women when it comes to hookers... well except the sham-wow guy.

panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 31 Oct 2010, 20:09

I'm glad this happened, couldn't tolerate the madrid fans and papers and there bulls**t about crisis and what not..... Comparing Villa to Benzema? MOurinho is a dirtty scumbag, yes he's probably top 3 managers of the world, but he's a pussy at the same time, Hell no, Villa was rather unlucky, hit a couple posts, was beating people and shooting and making the keepers fly to save his shots, I mean he was creating danger constantly.... Every good striker has a few periods where they are just unprecise or unlucky and they just can't put it in... Usually, once they get over the dip the scoring run starts, and I think Villa will score every weekend from now on...The people that said he was anxious and not playing well obviously didn't watch his matches, cause he did everything, i mean everything except scoring.. Assists, work hard, beat men, crossbars, beat keepers, ......

Messi is almost 100%, I still don't see him as smooth, and as fast as he was before injury, he's really good, but I still saw him take a few touches that where a little off, thats just me though..

I read Xavi is almost 100% now, and he said he could have played the full match, really glad...

Iniesta is a genius, with his control and touch he slowly but with mad class breaks through defenses..... Just when people think they have a hard time marking Villla, Messi, Xavi, Pedro, Iniesta gets the ball and penetrates defenses with ridiculous ease....

Last week, a little worried after the 6-1, I said to myself, fu**, it would suck really bad now that Madrid is playing at high levels that barca due to injuries and a small group(19 players) couldn't get to the clasico in their best form....This weekend, after seeing that intimidating Nou Camp, and that perfect ball circulation, with brilliant individualities like Alves, Lio, Pedro, Iniesta, Villa to name a few, I'm more relaxed and see that I worried to sooon... Barca will be playing their best football by November 29th, and so will Real, because lets face it, Mou is a genius.

But, in my humble opinion, not even this Real Madrid can withstand a good tiki-taka and the verticalities of the Blau Grana players, add on to that the pressure of the Camp Nou, I'm thinking realistically Real Madrid doesn't leave Barcelona without 3 goals against ... I would loveee too see the special one leave the Nou Camp with his head down in defeat, maybe that will teach him to shut his pie hole and play football instead of being such a dirty snake.

Oh, on tuesday its coppenhague, this will be fun to watch.....