The new Galacticos

Discussion about European club leagues, Champions League and anything in UEFA
Anymi
Veteran Member

I feel that this generation is better than the last.

If Ribery/ Alonso went to Real i really dont know what to expect. Will they do well or mediocre?

Will it be superstars trying to be the star of the game?

shahensha
Veteran Member

Considering Kaka? Not so much. Cronaldo? Definitely. Benzema is a striker so he is always in the spotlight.

Cronaldo unveiling tomorrow. Wonder what number he is going to get.
If Ribery/ Alonso went to Real i really dont know what to expect. Will they do well or mediocre?
Lassanna is really good. If his close outlet is Alonso instead of Gago, the midfield will be a dominating force. Lass wins the balls, Alonso makes genius passes. Gago's passing is improving but not there yet.

Regardless Barca will still win.

truesocceroo
Veteran Member

Anymi wrote:I feel that this generation is better than the last.

Better than the last Galacticos, that is quite a claim. They have the potential but they arent there yet. Ronaldo and Kaka, sure they are, Benzema although he is very very good, has not reached the level of Ronaldo(Brazilian) back when he was a Galactico.

MUFC1994
Veteran Member

I'm not sure if they will be sucessful, or if they will epic fail...It's very difficult to predict.....I think Barca is to good, and the first couple of years Real won't win anything...
"The road to athletic greatness is not marked by perfection but the ability to constantly overcome adversity and failure."

flyhigh19
Veteran Member

I don't think this new era is as good as the old one. I mean if you think about, the previous era, you had Figo, Zidane, and Ronaldo (three of the greatest players to ever play in the game, arguably in the top 10, possibly even top 5). Just those three together, have 7 Fifa World Player of Year awards (Ronaldo-3 Zidane-3 Figo-1). In addition, Raul was at his prime and was praised by many as the best striker in the world. Michael Owen also spent a brief amount of time there as well and he was also near his prime. Owen had won the European Footballer of year award in 2001 and Raul came close to winning Fifa world player of the year and the Euro player. Roberto Carlos was also a member and also came close to winning prestigious awards too, he was probably the best outside back at the time. And of course David Beckham was also a member.

I don't think Kaka and Cristiano alone can reach that status. I mean Kaka and Cristiano don't come close to Ronaldo, Figo, and Zidane (yet). Even if Ribery and Alonso come, the new era still doesn't reach the old level. If you compare the players from the previous era, I think you will see that the old era's quality is much better than this proposed "new" one.

soccer11
Admin

flyhigh19 wrote:I don't think this new era is as good as the old one. I mean if you think about, the previous era, you had Figo, Zidane, and Ronaldo (three of the greatest players to ever play in the game, arguably in the top 10, possibly even top 5). Just those three together, have 7 Fifa World Player of Year awards (Ronaldo-3 Zidane-3 Figo-1). In addition, Raul was at his prime and was praised by many as the best striker in the world. Michael Owen also spent a brief amount of time there as well and he was also near his prime. Owen had won the European Footballer of year award in 2001 and Raul came close to winning Fifa world player of the year and the Euro player. Roberto Carlos was also a member and also came close to winning prestigious awards too, he was probably the best outside back at the time. And of course David Beckham was also a member.

I don't think Kaka and Cristiano alone can reach that status. I mean Kaka and Cristiano don't come close to Ronaldo, Figo, and Zidane (yet). Even if Ribery and Alonso come, the new era still doesn't reach the old level. If you compare the players from the previous era, I think you will see that the old era's quality is much better than this proposed "new" one.
what that team had was a lot of potential. They had the potential to be the best team every assembled, but they failed miserably at that. They didn't get anywhere near where they were supposed to be. I honestly feel this team will be better in terms of accomplishments. Right coach, right players.

shahensha
Veteran Member

Well considering the previous galacticos, only one star was bought every season. This time, three stars were snapped up in a single sweep. That could shed light on which had more class.

Dont know if it will be as good as the old. Unfortunately I got seriously interested in football after watching the last tournament of Ronaldo, Figo and Zidane's lives. Thus I never saw the original galacticos.

I am just excited at the prospect of a Madrid playing attractive football, especially considering they have Pellegrini in charge of Benzema, Kaka and Cronaldo

NewBornProdigy
Admin

Well in 2003-2004-2005
Ronaldo scored 40+ goals each season

I don't see any of the current players topping that
And with Zidane and Figo the football was beautiful

But in terms of trophy success, the current crop has massive potential... Compared to the previous

Its a hard one to call

Nat_H
Veteran Member

Yeah I didn't follow football in the Galactico era. Right now, I have to say that this is a disgusting amount of talent for one team......ridiculous. Absolutely ridiculous. Real Madrid is going to look dumb if they can't play well.

INTER1908
Veteran Member

Nat_H wrote:Yeah I didn't follow football in the Galactico era. Right now, I have to say that this is a disgusting amount of talent for one team......ridiculous. Absolutely ridiculous. Real Madrid is going to look dumb if they can't play well.
If you think that's ridiculous you should see my manager mode team on Fifa..
Made by 2Brown.

NewBornProdigy
Admin

Nat_H wrote:Right now, I have to say that this is a disgusting amount of talent for one.
Disgusting? :D

Regardless things like this have happened before:

-US Cosmos
-Madrid (era 1)
-QPR
-Chealsa
-Manchester City

When building a team (Would buying fit better?) In this way
You have to find a perfect balance between

-Superstars (2-3 amazing attacking players)
-Team Spine and Spirit (GK, Good CB's, Good CMF's and a non glamorus captain)
-Donkeys (CB's, DMF's and mabye ST's who will do the dirty work of chasing down the ball and passing alot instead of glory hunting)

And to top it all off you need an absolutley KICKASS manager (eg. Mourinho, Capello or Fergie)

The only team who 'bought' a team and have acheived this to any reasonable level is Chealsa

Now we just have to see if Perez has learned his lesson from last time

Nat_H
Veteran Member

Madrid just bought the world's two best players, in my opinion. And on top of that, they have tabs on many more elite players. Its not right for them to waste that talent, so they have to get it to work, i.e. win La Liga and do well in the UEFA Champions League.

Honestly, I don't think it was smart to make these big transfers with the state of La Liga right now. They have to knock off Barcelona. And if Barcelona is smart, they will try to keep many of their same players so as to keep team continuity. Team chemistry is one of the most important aspects of football. Barcelona is way on top of that category and still very close on overall talent, if not even on talent with RM.

Evan
Veteran Member

Just hope that Higuain still has a starting spot after all of this is over...he deserves it with how he did last season IMO.
On a different note everyone's pretty good with women when it comes to hookers... well except the sham-wow guy.

mrbeankid22

If this all works out as Perez has planned, than this could be RM best year ever. Especially if they miraculously win the treble, considering the Champions League final is at the Bernabeu...

But there is a lot of work to be done just to get this team clicking on all cylinders after all the changes, I still think Barcelona has a considerable advantage. Besides, despite Barca's amazing year last season, all the pressure is on Madrid to perform after all the money they have splashed around.

mr_dude

I still think selling all the players that they are selling is stupid. They actually had a good team going, they just needed a better back 4. I think this is their current best formation, a 4-2-2-1-1:
-------------------Casillas-------------------
Ramos-Whoever their centre backs are-New left back (or Heinze)
----------------Lass-----Mhamadou---------
Robben--------------------------------Ronaldo
-------------------------Kaka-----------------
---------Benzema-----------------------------