Where It All Goes Wrong

Discussion about European club leagues, Champions League and anything in UEFA
KoNJa04
Veteran Member

Post by KoNJa04 » 01 Jun 2009, 01:33

Yes, in America there are many glory hunters, i remember before the Champions League Final most kids in my school (most who really dont watch soccer) were like "WOOT WOOT GO MAN UNITED!!!" yet the next day everyone was like "BARCA BARCA YAY" thats glory hunting, but when i watch lfc, when they lost to Chelsea 3-1 i stuck through, when they tied 4-4 in that amazing game, i was still with them, when the league title was gone, i still thought they were the best.

My brother is the same, when ever he sees Chelsea on tv he sits and goes nuts, When Inesita scored that last gasp goal he said, "idc they are still the best" me and him have fights over lampard and gerrard, to me a fan is somebody who thinks a team is good and that they are the favorites, a supporter is somebody who is willing to go as far as they can to show their love for the club.

We live in Detroit, and my brother saved his money up to see Chelsea Vs. AC Milan in BALTIMORE, fu**in Baltimore, that's at least a 14 hour drive, and your telling me that's not a supporter, if Liverpool even came to the states i would be on my hands and knees to see them play. Supporters are not just the ones who walk to the pitch every weekend to watch their club, supporters are the ones who go the length to show that they are on their side at all times no matter what.

Yes many people are glory hunters, but that dosen't mean that every supporter out of the city range is a glory hunter.

If you desire that life then pursuit it.. end of story.. no buts, no hypothetical situations, no what ifs.. you want something go get it ..
~~Panchester07

scottS4
Veteran Member

Post by scottS4 » 01 Jun 2009, 01:52

KoNJa04 wrote:Yes, in America there are many glory hunters, i remember before the Champions League Final most kids in my school (most who really dont watch soccer) were like "WOOT WOOT GO MAN UNITED!!!" yet the next day everyone was like "BARCA BARCA YAY" thats glory hunting, but when i watch lfc, when they lost to Chelsea 3-1 i stuck through, when they tied 4-4 in that amazing game, i was still with them, when the league title was gone, i still thought they were the best.

My brother is the same, when ever he sees Chelsea on tv he sits and goes nuts, When Inesita scored that last gasp goal he said, "idc they are still the best" me and him have fights over lampard and gerrard, to me a fan is somebody who thinks a team is good and that they are the favorites, a supporter is somebody who is willing to go as far as they can to show their love for the club.

We live in Detroit, and my brother saved his money up to see Chelsea Vs. AC Milan in BALTIMORE, fu**in Baltimore, that's at least a 14 hour drive, and your telling me that's not a supporter, if Liverpool even came to the states i would be on my hands and knees to see them play. Supporters are not just the ones who walk to the pitch every weekend to watch their club, supporters are the ones who go the length to show that they are on their side at all times no matter what.

Yes many people are glory hunters, but that dosen't mean that every supporter out of the city range is a glory hunter.
yeah everyone seems to be a barca fan now. it was the same in 02 with brazil ann 08 with spain.
but im not like that. i still like man utd and losing one final wouldnt' change that. but im not gonna deny that im a glory hunter. its the best part of cheering for man u---you get to watch games like the CL final and not be a neutral.

ratherton
Veteran Member

Post by ratherton » 01 Jun 2009, 05:45

Croatianblood1 wrote:There are no professional clubs around where I live and its one reason I don't support any clubs. I enjoy watching football, no matter what teams are playing but I don't support them.

I watch Croatia everytime I can and I am saving up money to go to a match at our home stadium in Zagreb (ratherton enjoyed his visit there last time :( :P ).

I feel great emotion when I watch them play and I specifically remember in EURO 2008 when we lost to Turkey. I was in denial after seeing Turkey score in the last few seconds of extra time. I just couldn't believe it and that match was on my mind for weeks after. I kept watching the highlights over and over and I just couldn't believe it.
I'd forgotten about that :lol:

I hope your lot and the Ukraine are going to play out a nice little draw next week while we take 6 points from Borat Utd and Andorra.

Mandy felt Brian's wrath when she wandered in front of him after they'd announced free beer at the bar.....

truesocceroo
Veteran Member

Post by truesocceroo » 01 Jun 2009, 06:11

scottS4 wrote:
KoNJa04 wrote:Yes, in America there are many glory hunters, i remember before the Champions League Final most kids in my school (most who really dont watch soccer) were like "WOOT WOOT GO MAN UNITED!!!" yet the next day everyone was like "BARCA BARCA YAY" thats glory hunting, but when i watch lfc, when they lost to Chelsea 3-1 i stuck through, when they tied 4-4 in that amazing game, i was still with them, when the league title was gone, i still thought they were the best.

yeah everyone seems to be a barca fan now. it was the same in 02 with brazil ann 08 with spain.
but im not like that. i still like man utd and losing one final wouldnt' change that. but im not gonna deny that im a glory hunter. its the best part of cheering for man u---you get to watch games like the CL final and not be a neutral.
Yeah but there is a good reason to support Brazil, Spain and Barca because they play great football. At international level obviously you support your nation but for lesser nations when a tournament comes around they have to support someone else, and i know Ratherton probably gets annoyed when he sees Japanese people in England jerseys i see them alot too, but its because they enjoy watching them after their own team loses, england not a great example but say Brazil. They played the best flowing football in 2002 and deserved it fully, people should support that or at least acknowledge it.

But of course it is easy to like Man Utd. You say you are still supporting them now even though they lost because you know they will always win something, next year they might win more or less, but they will rarely if never have a trophyless season, let alone a poor season.

I understand why people hate glory hunters, when you watch a whole season every game following the club, players, and someone who knows nothing about the sport (we have alot of them here) says something like yeah Chelsea is my team or Man Utd is my team and they won yay, they cant name their squad, dont know anything about how they play, that is infuriating. But i think people get labelled as glory hunters when in fact they just enjoy watching the team because they play well, which is more important than winning imo.

For example, if Barca won the champions league playing like Chelsea, i wouldnt care, i would probably be here complaining about how they didnt deserve it. They dont represent me at all, i have no Catalan blood, no relation, but i think the way they play is most entertaining, it is the sole reason i like them, i dont watch them to see them win, i watch them to see them play. When they won i was happy to see the game, to see them play, but didnt feel the need to celebrate, it is all about the spectacle as far as i am concerned.

Croatianblood1
Veteran Member

Post by Croatianblood1 » 01 Jun 2009, 17:54

ratherton wrote:
Croatianblood1 wrote:There are no professional clubs around where I live and its one reason I don't support any clubs. I enjoy watching football, no matter what teams are playing but I don't support them.

I watch Croatia everytime I can and I am saving up money to go to a match at our home stadium in Zagreb (ratherton enjoyed his visit there last time :( :P ).

I feel great emotion when I watch them play and I specifically remember in EURO 2008 when we lost to Turkey. I was in denial after seeing Turkey score in the last few seconds of extra time. I just couldn't believe it and that match was on my mind for weeks after. I kept watching the highlights over and over and I just couldn't believe it.
I'd forgotten about that :lol:

I hope your lot and the Ukraine are going to play out a nice little draw next week while we take 6 points from Borat Utd and Andorra.
Ha, we will take down Ukraine and you better take 6 points from Borat Utd and Andorra. Anything less would be a disappointment

ratherton
Veteran Member

Post by ratherton » 01 Jun 2009, 19:13

We beat Kazakhstan 5-1 at Wembley...and we played badly.

Andorra are a pub side. Me and 10 of my mates could beat them.

9th September at Wembley.....

Mandy felt Brian's wrath when she wandered in front of him after they'd announced free beer at the bar.....

Croatianblood1
Veteran Member

Post by Croatianblood1 » 01 Jun 2009, 19:30

ratherton wrote:We beat Kazakhstan 5-1 at Wembley...and we played badly.

Andorra are a pub side. Me and 10 of my mates could beat them.

9th September at Wembley.....
...is when Croatia will beat England!

chicagofirefan
Veteran Member

Post by chicagofirefan » 01 Jun 2009, 22:13

ratherton wrote:I hope your lot and the Ukraine are going to play out a nice little draw next week while we take 6 points from Borat Utd and Andorra.
Hahahahahahahahahahahaha

The best thing i have heard all day :mrgreen:

MUFC1994
Veteran Member

Post by MUFC1994 » 02 Jun 2009, 20:14

tevezaholic wrote:
MUFC1994 wrote:
tevezaholic wrote:so u do glory hunt? :?
U support chelsea and you don't live in England....

I've supported MANU for as long as i have lived, becasue of my dad and my friends.....
no i mean cause u said u dont support manu cause u glory hunt,u ALSO have other reasons,i just wanted to get it straight pal
I do support MAnU and its not like I just started likeing them, I've supported them becasue of my family.......My dad is a big united fan. I am not aglory hunter when Manchester lost last week, I cried......that's how much it means to me. Manchester are the only team i support and they are the only that I will ever support. Does that clear it up for you.....pal?
"The road to athletic greatness is not marked by perfection but the ability to constantly overcome adversity and failure."

tevezaholic
Veteran Member

Post by tevezaholic » 02 Jun 2009, 23:51

yea,i hope u arent angry lol,just asking a ques cause u said also :P
JESUS IS LORD
Oh crap,missed me bus!!