CHELSEA FC!!!
43%
Barcelona
57%

Total votes: 21

Wanderer
Veteran Member

Post by Wanderer » 06 May 2009, 21:03

soccer11 wrote:ha he dribbled through the defense? Not quite. Yes, he assisted on the goal, doesn't mean he showed up. He didn't do much

and Chelsea hardly defended for 90 minutes. They pushed up a lot.
Yeah, he prob cudn't cope with the legendary Chelsea defense, losing the ball everytime. So all he got was an assist that sent Barca tru.

And the pushing up alot was jz counterattack

Also if Chelsea din put on a "glorius defensive performance" in Spain and bothered to attack, maybe they wud hav gotten an away goal too. What goes around comes around. Kinda like Fletcher
Last edited by Wanderer on 06 May 2009, 21:09, edited 1 time in total.

truesocceroo
Veteran Member

Post by truesocceroo » 06 May 2009, 21:06

A win for barca is a win for football as far as im concerned. Chelsea did play much better this game though and pushed forward on occasion, but the so called controversy about penalties is stupid Chelsea hype. There was one clear cut penalty, which was pique's handball, but you may as well cancel that out with abidals ridiculous red card, so Chelsea were definitely not hard done by. I never expected much from chelsea, just very dissapointed Hiddink stooped himself to the level he did, ive lost alot of respect for him after this semi final.

Anyway this will make for an interesting final, Manchester wont sit back, they will want to dominate the game. Congrats to barca.

soccer11
Admin

Post by soccer11 » 06 May 2009, 21:07

He didn't do what he usually does did he? No, didn't think so. Everyone who always said c.ronaldo doesn't show up in big games won't say anything about Messi not showing up. He didn't do much this game, nor did he do much last game. And even going back to last years semi against Man U he didn't do much.

Wanderer
Veteran Member

Post by Wanderer » 06 May 2009, 21:11

Well as again, jz like your "Chelsea put in an effective performance at Spain" argument, can only wait untill the nex game to see which will turn up.

Btw, as a lover of the Barcelona way, I dedicate this song to Chelsea and anyone who thinks they were unlucky with their "effective defensive performance"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnNYXgV7L-c
Last edited by Wanderer on 06 May 2009, 21:32, edited 2 times in total.

fawad000

Post by fawad000 » 06 May 2009, 21:14

Even though I am a Chelsea fan,I think justice has been done and the better team won,Chelsea were not good enough ,drogba and malouda are sh*t players,they should go,especially drogba,if he does not go next season,I would start supporting another team in epl .Regarding referee mistakes,he was a newbie to games like this but overall he was good.Abdial's red card canceled out chelsea's penalty,do not think about chelsea only,Barca also suffered harsh decisions.Credit to Barca,they won with 10 men,played entertaining football and remained stubborn when they had to.Shahensha must be in 7th heaven :wink:

Wanderer
Veteran Member

Post by Wanderer » 06 May 2009, 21:16

tbh shahensha deserved it for all the bulls**t bout Barca he's been gettin recently here

soccer11
Admin

Post by soccer11 » 06 May 2009, 21:17

fawad000 wrote:Even though I am a Chelsea fan,I think justice has been done and the better team won,Chelsea were not good enough ,drogba and malouda are sh*t players,they should go,especially drogba,if he does not go next season,I would start supporting another team in epl .Regarding referee mistakes,he was a newbie to games like this but overall he was good.Abdial's red card canceled out chelsea's penalty,do not think about chelsea only,Barca also suffered harsh decisions.Credit to Barca,they won with 10 men,played entertaining football and remained stubborn when they had to.Shahensha must be in 7th heaven :wink:
thank you! someone sees it my way.
Chelsea fans shouldn't blame the refs or anyone for the loss, but drogba. Drogba is the reason that you guys aren't in the final.

fawad000

Post by fawad000 » 06 May 2009, 21:18

"Congratulations to all Football(Barcelona) fans" :D

Edit:the commentator also reminded me that this drogba sh*t cost us trophy last year"does anybody remember about the slap incident"?

KoNJa04
Veteran Member

Post by KoNJa04 » 06 May 2009, 21:27

ok i got a funny story, when essien scored my mom told my brother "Barcalona will score in the last minutes" when it got to extra time she said it again, when inesta scored my brother go sooooo pissed haha, i thought he was going to cry. i wanted barca to win because i didnt want the same final as last year. But we have the same Semi-final...

If you desire that life then pursuit it.. end of story.. no buts, no hypothetical situations, no what ifs.. you want something go get it ..
~~Panchester07

fawad000

Post by fawad000 » 06 May 2009, 21:30

Imo you will see these 5 teams(Epl top 4 + Fc Barca) in cl final for next 4 to 5 years,make a habit of watching them again and again unless a miracle happens.

soccer11
Admin

Post by soccer11 » 06 May 2009, 21:31

fawad000 wrote:"Congratulations to all Football(Barcelona) fans" :D

Edit:the commentator also reminded me that this drogba sh*t cost us trophy last year"does anybody remember about the slap incident"?
hah yes, and as a Manchester United fan, thanks for that.

tevezaholic
Veteran Member

Post by tevezaholic » 06 May 2009, 21:44

i think we shoulda won it,we didnt take our chances well,but u still cant say that those 2 penalty appeals werent legit,i mean,be real people,they were clear penalties and i think it is unlucky that we didnt go through,its not soccer this time,its foolishness,i could understand if they were hard to call but come on,those were clear cut so dnt come and friggin tell me its football,its not,its stupidity
JESUS IS LORD
Oh crap,missed me bus!!

fawad000

Post by fawad000 » 06 May 2009, 21:51

and what happened with Abidal was expert refereeing :?: both teams suffered harsh decisions so it is better for us to stop complaining and be happy that we are going to watch a better final than last year's.

ScottyBoy
Veteran Member

Post by ScottyBoy » 06 May 2009, 22:01

Great result. Couldnt have gone any better. Its seems to be cool to hate Chelsea which made it even sweeter. Some complete bellends supporting chelsea in the pub shouting though the entire game and when barca scored 80% of people jumped up and celebrated. Brilliant

All this abuse Chelsea are getting may be a bit harsh. On the night Malouda was better than Messi and Drogba was far better than Eto'o so to blame the defeat on them might be a bit silly.

Essien must be gutted :D

People who say something cannot be done are often surprised by others doing it.

MUFC1994
Veteran Member

Post by MUFC1994 » 06 May 2009, 22:06

Messi did nothing and Eto'o did nothing. Barca just kept posession with the ball, but did not do anything except for the goal. I mean an attacking team like Barca only got 1 shot on target!!! I think Chelsea did more meaningful things with the ball, but the ref was a major factor in their loss.

But w.e. Manchester I think would be the favorite against both teams, and I think we might get the repeat..... :D
"The road to athletic greatness is not marked by perfection but the ability to constantly overcome adversity and failure."