The Weekend Thread! (11/4/2009)

Discussion about European club leagues, Champions League and anything in UEFA
NewBornProdigy
Admin
Posts: 2695
Joined: 23 May 2008, 19:51

The Weekend Thread! (11/4/2009)

Post by NewBornProdigy » 10 Apr 2009, 13:15

All of the action, leave a comment if you would like me to add a game :D

Image

Saturday, 11 April 2009

Barclays Premier League

Chelsea 4-3 Bolton
Ballack 40 --- O'Brien 70
Drogba 48 --- Basham 74
Lampard (pen) 60 --- Taylor 78
Drogba 63

Image

Liverpool 4-0 Blackburn
Torres 5
Torres 33
Agger 83
Ngog 90

Image
Image

Middlesbrough 3-1 Hull
Sanli 3 --- Manucho 9
Bates 29
King 90

Image

Portsmouth 2-2 West Brom
Kaboul 33 --- Greening 48
Kranjcar 65 --- Brunt 62

Image

Stoke 1-1 Newcastle
Ab Faye 33 --- Carroll 81

Image

Sunderland 1-2 Man Utd
Jones 55 --- Scholes 19
-------------- Macheda 76

Image

Tottenham 1-0 West Ham
Pavlyuchenko 65

Image

Wigan 1-4 Arsenal
Mido 18 --- Walcott 61
------------- Silvestre 71
------------- Arshavin 90
------------- Song Billong 90+2

Image

Serie A

Bologna 1-4 Siena
Marazzina 21 --- Calaio 6
------------------- Portanova 11
------------------- Ghezzal 62
------------------- Kharja 82

Chievo 0-1 AC Milan
--------------- Seedorf 54

Image

Fiorentina 2-1 Cagliari
Pasqual 53 --- Ragatzu 86
Vargas 85

Genoa 3-2 Juventus
Motta 29 --- Del Piero (pen) 45
Motta 45+3 --- Iaquinta 84
Palladino 88

Sent Off:
----------------- Camoranesi 65

Image

Inter Milan 2-2 Palermo
Balotelli 15 --- Cavani 73
Ibrahimovic (pen) 39 --- Bovo 76

Image
Image

Lazio 2-2 Roma
Pandev 2 --- Mexes 10
Zarate 4 --- De Rossi 81
Lichtsteiner 58
Kolarov 85

Sent Off:
Brocchi 80 --- Panucci 62
Matuzalem 75 --- Mexes 75


Image
Image

Lecce 1-3 Sampdoria
Caserta (pen) 58 --- Pazzini 11
------------------------ Cassano (pen) 29
------------------------ Cassano (pen) 87

Sent Off:
Giacomazzi 71

Napoli 0-0 Atalanta

Torino 2-1 Catania
Bianchi 82 --- Martinez 85
Natali 89

La Liga

Barcelona 2-0 Recreativo Huelva
Iniesta 1
Morris o.g. 68

Image

Villarreal 0-2 Malaga
------------------ Duda 38
------------------ Eliseu 86

Image

Sunday, 12 April 2009

Baraclys Premier Leauge

Aston Villa 3-3 Everton
Carew 33 --- Fellaini 19
Milner 55 --- Cahill 23
Barry (pen) 66 --- Pienaar 53

Image

Man City 1-3 Fulham
Ireland 28 --- Dempsey 50
---------------- Etuhu 59
---------------- Dempsey 83

Image
Image

Serie A

Reggina 0-2 Udinese
------------------ Floro Flores 84
------------------ Floro Flores 90

La Liga

Mallorca 2-0 Almeria
Cleber Santana 61
Castro 90+5

Numancia 0-0 Espanyol

Osasuna 2-1 Athletic Bilbao
Shojaei 21 --- Aitor Ocio 26
Sergio 81

Racing Santander 2-3 Real Betis
Luccin 6 --- Edu 20
Zigic 32 --- Emana 28
------------- Emana 53

Real Madrid 2-0 Valladolid
Raul 44
Robben 82

Image

Sevilla 0-1 Getafe
---------------- Gavilan 82

Sporting Gijon 2-3 Valencia
Barral (pen) 36 --- Silva 19
Bilic 71 --- Villa (pen) 56
------------ Mata 88

For Video footage of all of todays action, Click The Weekends Highlights

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As it stands (will be updated as weekend progresses)
Premier Leauge Table:
Pos --- Name --- P GD Pts
1 Man Utd------ 31 33 71
2 Liverpool----- 32 38 70
3 Chelsea------ 32 35 67
4 Arsenal------- 32 27 61
5 Aston Villa---- 32 6 53
6 Everton------- 32 13 52
7 West Ham---- 32 1 44
9 Fulham-------- 32 5 43
10 Tottenham--- 32 2 41
8 Wigan--------- 32 -5 41
11 Man City----- 32 5 38
12 Bolton-------- 32 -10 37
13 Stoke--------- 32 -16 36
14 Portsmouth--- 31 -14 34
15 Hull------------ 32 -19 34
16 Blackburn----- 32 -19 34
17 Sunderland--- 32 -13 32
18 Newcastle----- 32 -15 30
19 Middlesbrough 32 -22 30
20 West Brom---- 32 -31 25

Image
Last edited by NewBornProdigy on 12 Apr 2009, 21:36, edited 5 times in total.

NewBornProdigy
Admin
Posts: 2695
Joined: 23 May 2008, 19:51

Post by NewBornProdigy » 11 Apr 2009, 13:57

Wow, two great goals by liverpool today...
Fernando Torres Goal
Daniel Agger Goal
Some style to pay tribute to the victims of Hillbourgh

Liverpool back on top, at least for a while

Hugh
Veteran Member
Posts: 2863
Joined: 20 Jan 2007, 20:26
Location: Vancouver

Post by Hugh » 11 Apr 2009, 15:56

Who the fu** is Macheda?

NewBornProdigy
Admin
Posts: 2695
Joined: 23 May 2008, 19:51

Post by NewBornProdigy » 11 Apr 2009, 17:26

Hugh wrote:Who the fu** is Macheda?
I dunno if your being sarcastic or not, but hes a 17 year old who debuted last weekend and has 2 goals in 2 games and they have been match (mabye title) winning goals

Although the one today looked more like a lucky deflection
Chelsea 4-3 Bolton
Ballack 40 --- O'Brien 70
Drogba 48 --- Basham 74
Lampard (pen) 60 --- Taylor 78
Drogba 63
If liverpool fans wanna take hope out of anything take hope out of this... they conceded 3 goals in 8 minutes... with jhon terry, doesn't look so hard anymore, does it?

Hugh
Veteran Member
Posts: 2863
Joined: 20 Jan 2007, 20:26
Location: Vancouver

Post by Hugh » 11 Apr 2009, 18:10

NewBornProdigy wrote:
Hugh wrote:Who the fu** is Macheda?
I dunno if your being sarcastic or not, but hes a 17 year old who debuted last weekend and has 2 goals in 2 games and they have been match (mabye title) winning goals

Although the one today looked more like a lucky deflection
I meant it more in the sense of who the fu** is this kid thinking he can come on as a substitute and rob liverpool of our well deserved lead, he's done it twice in a row now.

Although I agree, that was defs a lucky deflection

MUFC1994
Veteran Member
Posts: 1227
Joined: 30 Jun 2008, 17:30

Post by MUFC1994 » 11 Apr 2009, 18:49

Hugh wrote:
NewBornProdigy wrote:
Hugh wrote:Who the fu** is Macheda?

Although I agree, that was defs a lucky deflection
That deflection was all skill :) :D :P

No im jk it looked sorta lucky, but it seemed like he meant to deflect it. But in the end of the day it doesn't matter how it ends up in the back of the net.

Im really starting to like Macheda, he's got a great strike rate...

But who would have thought that Manutd's savior two games in a row would be some 17 year old almost no one has heard of....
"The road to athletic greatness is not marked by perfection but the ability to constantly overcome adversity and failure."

Kasaki
Veteran Member
Posts: 332
Joined: 05 Jan 2009, 04:55

Post by Kasaki » 11 Apr 2009, 19:46

Ive been watching him since he was on the reserves, I think its time I got a Macheda jersey! looks like he has a prominent future

NewBornProdigy
Admin
Posts: 2695
Joined: 23 May 2008, 19:51

Post by NewBornProdigy » 11 Apr 2009, 21:14

Kasaki wrote:Ive been watching him since he was on the reserves, I think its time I got a Macheda jersey! looks like he has a prominent future
2 goals and your the next Ronaldo... :roll:
I do wish the guy well, but he hasn't near proved himself
Give him at least a year or six months
Then we'll see if there is Alexander Pato number 2 on the scene

Kasaki
Veteran Member
Posts: 332
Joined: 05 Jan 2009, 04:55

Post by Kasaki » 11 Apr 2009, 22:33

NewBornProdigy wrote:
Kasaki wrote:Ive been watching him since he was on the reserves, I think its time I got a Macheda jersey! looks like he has a prominent future
2 goals and your the next Ronaldo... :roll:
I do wish the guy well, but he hasn't near proved himself
Give him at least a year or six months
Then we'll see if there is Alexander Pato number 2 on the scene
well of course, but he seems like talent just like ronaldo did when he was young u do know they start young

NewBornProdigy
Admin
Posts: 2695
Joined: 23 May 2008, 19:51

Post by NewBornProdigy » 11 Apr 2009, 22:48

Hey man, he's played two games (as a sub) luck has been on his side, it doesn't mean he is an outstanding talent yet, just a lucky one
If he follows through and begins to score regularly and plays conistently well then I'll gladly let your say 'I told you so'

Had you asked the question ''do you think Mancheda has superstar talent?'' three weeks ago, most people would have said... ''Whats a Mancheda?''

In saying all that, yes his future looks bright and he probably will become a great player, but don't succumb to the hype and label him into superstardom yet

MUFC1994
Veteran Member
Posts: 1227
Joined: 30 Jun 2008, 17:30

Post by MUFC1994 » 11 Apr 2009, 23:38

NewBornProdigy wrote:Hey man, he's played two games (as a sub) luck has been on his side, it doesn't mean he is an outstanding talent yet, just a lucky one
If he follows through and begins to score regularly and plays conistently well then I'll gladly let your say 'I told you so'

Had you asked the question ''do you think Mancheda has superstar talent?'' three weeks ago, most people would have said... ''Whats a Mancheda?''

In saying all that, yes his future looks bright and he probably will become a great player, but don't succumb to the hype and label him into superstardom yet
Well he has obviously got some talent if he is getting subbed on as a 17 year old for the most talented squad in all of england.....but i agree he is nowhere near a superstar...yet...
"The road to athletic greatness is not marked by perfection but the ability to constantly overcome adversity and failure."

mint
EF Drug Baron
Posts: 2430
Joined: 16 Apr 2008, 20:38

Post by mint » 12 Apr 2009, 19:28

NewBornProdigy wrote:Hey man, he's played two games (as a sub) luck has been on his side, it doesn't mean he is an outstanding talent yet, just a lucky one
If he follows through and begins to score regularly and plays conistently well then I'll gladly let your say 'I told you so'

Had you asked the question ''do you think Mancheda has superstar talent?'' three weeks ago, most people would have said... ''Whats a Mancheda?''

In saying all that, yes his future looks bright and he probably will become a great player, but don't succumb to the hype and label him into superstardom yet
Yeah hes been lucky to get the chances to play, i must admit though his goal against villa was good.
Image
i was made to ignite

NewBornProdigy
Admin
Posts: 2695
Joined: 23 May 2008, 19:51

Post by NewBornProdigy » 12 Apr 2009, 20:48

Yeah hes been lucky to get the chances to play, i must admit though his goal against villa was good.
Well he has obviously got some talent if he is getting subbed on as a 17 year old for the most talented squad in all of england.....but i agree he is nowhere near a superstar...yet...
He has obviously got some degree of talent, hes a pro
But its not the superstar talent of most of the United first team, its potential talent mixed with luck
But given he is under one of the best managers in the game for coveting potential talent, he should reach great heights

MUFC1994
Veteran Member
Posts: 1227
Joined: 30 Jun 2008, 17:30

Post by MUFC1994 » 12 Apr 2009, 21:10

NewBornProdigy wrote:
Yeah hes been lucky to get the chances to play, i must admit though his goal against villa was good.
Well he has obviously got some talent if he is getting subbed on as a 17 year old for the most talented squad in all of england.....but i agree he is nowhere near a superstar...yet...
He has obviously got some degree of talent, hes a pro
But its not the superstar talent of most of the United first team, its potential talent mixed with luck
But given he is under one of the best managers in the game for coveting potential talent, he should reach great heights
If fergie was so good at analyzing talent, he would have let Ronaldo go this off season..... :x I think some of the decisions Fergie has made lately are strange. Personally when united plays a 4-3-3 I think Rooney plays best at centre forward....
"The road to athletic greatness is not marked by perfection but the ability to constantly overcome adversity and failure."

NewBornProdigy
Admin
Posts: 2695
Joined: 23 May 2008, 19:51

Post by NewBornProdigy » 12 Apr 2009, 21:25

MUFC1994 wrote:
NewBornProdigy wrote:
Yeah hes been lucky to get the chances to play, i must admit though his goal against villa was good.
Well he has obviously got some talent if he is getting subbed on as a 17 year old for the most talented squad in all of england.....but i agree he is nowhere near a superstar...yet...
He has obviously got some degree of talent, hes a pro
But its not the superstar talent of most of the United first team, its potential talent mixed with luck
But given he is under one of the best managers in the game for coveting potential talent, he should reach great heights
If fergie was so good at analyzing talent, he would have let Ronaldo go this off season..... :x I think some of the decisions Fergie has made lately are strange. Personally when united plays a 4-3-3 I think Rooney plays best at centre forward....
You'd be losing the title without Ronaldo this season, hes been playing bad and hes been cranky, but hes still scoring and there important goals aswell

Post Reply