Champions League 08-09 discussion thread

Discussion about European club leagues, Champions League and anything in UEFA
soccer11
Admin

Post by soccer11 » 16 Apr 2009, 19:20

NewBornProdigy wrote: But Uniteds biggest weakness has to be there midfeild... they really haven't much going for them there
I think it's evident now that we're really missing Hargreaves. He was such a force for us last year which Carrick just isn't. Hargreaves is just so much stronger and more aggressive. He was the rock for that midfield and complimented Scholes so well.

And about Barca, I'm curious to see how they match up with Chelsea. Tough English defense against the flair of a Spanish team. As much as I'd like Barcelona to win, I don't think they match up. Chelsea is just tougher than Barcelona. Spanish teams don't have the toughness of English teams.

NewBornProdigy
Admin

Post by NewBornProdigy » 16 Apr 2009, 20:52

Spanish teams don't have the toughness of English teams.
Well the gave united some run for there money last year, it took a scholes wondergoal to win it

shahensha
Veteran Member

Post by shahensha » 16 Apr 2009, 21:12

Hugh wrote:
shahensha wrote:Wow...Barca is the only non-english club left in the semi-finals again? Yo is it too much to ask for some help to make these EUROPEAN finals? :roll:
Try sucking less... It's entirely your fault if the only way they previously made the finals is by not coming up against english teams early on.
hahaha woah relax man Its not my fault you are still pmsing like a bitch over Chelsea kicking you out. You guys performed really well, but it was Chelsea's tie. Let it go.

Your attempt to take my post out of context to subtly hint "haha liverpool eliminated you..we rule!" to make yourself happy is just really laughable.

That was the fading Rijkaard Ronaldinho era from two years ago who deservedly lost the tie to Liverpool but live in the present homie, its the guardiola messi era right now and a completely different Barcelona.

Also try reading my post in proper context............I am asking for other teams(non-english teams) to help Barcelona in making these more eurpean and not a one-sided affair. A little more non-english reps to make it more interesting. Thats all.

Also just to prove you are wrong..........Barcelona beat(English champs at that time) Chelsea on the way to the semi-finals before beating Arsenal in the final of the 2005-2006 season.

MUFC1994
Veteran Member

Post by MUFC1994 » 16 Apr 2009, 21:37

soccer11 wrote:
NewBornProdigy wrote: But Uniteds biggest weakness has to be there midfeild... they really haven't much going for them there
I think it's evident now that we're really missing Hargreaves. He was such a force for us last year which Carrick just isn't. Hargreaves is just so much stronger and more aggressive. He was the rock for that midfield and complimented Scholes so well.

And about Barca, I'm curious to see how they match up with Chelsea. Tough English defense against the flair of a Spanish team. As much as I'd like Barcelona to win, I don't think they match up. Chelsea is just tougher than Barcelona. Spanish teams don't have the toughness of English teams.
Ya i compleel agree, I feel tht The teams from spain only cna play offence, also English teams are more phsical, they are stronger, and ahver better endurance....I think Chelsea will win but it will be high scoring and close sorta live the quater final;s betweeen Liverpool and chelsea
"The road to athletic greatness is not marked by perfection but the ability to constantly overcome adversity and failure."

Croatianblood1
Veteran Member

Post by Croatianblood1 » 05 May 2009, 20:46

Arsenal 1-3 Man Utd. I think we all knew Man Utd would go on to the finals. I just didn't know Arsenal would crap themselves as bad as they did :shock:

Park capitalized on Gibbs' slip, C.Ronaldo scored on 1 of his 189273409273 free kicks and then again from a nice pass from Rooney.

The red card on Fletcher was a bad call by the ref. Fletcher got the ball although he did take Fabregas down in the process.

ZackariusTime

Champions League 08-09 discussion thread

Post by ZackariusTime » 05 May 2009, 22:07

Well if ronaldo wasnt such a diver than he wouldve never taken the free kick.Almunia should have saved it. :?
Everybody loves a little Hogan

soccer_after_death
Veteran Member

Post by soccer_after_death » 06 May 2009, 02:01

Croatianblood1 wrote:Arsenal 1-3 Man Utd. I think we all knew Man Utd would go on to the finals. I just didn't know Arsenal would crap themselves as bad as they did :shock:

Park capitalized on Gibbs' slip, C.Ronaldo scored on 1 of his 189273409273 free kicks and then again from a nice pass from Rooney.

The red card on Fletcher was a bad call by the ref. Fletcher got the ball although he did take Fabregas down in the process.
Yeah, it was a bad call, but it went in our favour, so whatever :p
I was hoping we would capitalize on the advantage, I guess not. We play like crap, no denying that.