Total votes: 24

ivanjm422

i think real is going to win too
im really looking forward to seeing saviola play up front
and sergio ramos and cannavaro in defence looks great
higuain is also a guy to look out for :D

shahensha
Veteran Member

nevertheless I still put my money on barca. Pep actually knows what he is doing.

edit: speaking of Pep. He had the most hilarious confrontation with eto'o after gudjohnsen scored in the 80th minute to clinch victory.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QnqSeSLdGTw

i am pretty sure he was thinking, I was gonna punch you if I didnt need you hahaha

Rulezzz
Veteran Member

Wow Van Der Vaart looked class last night, very impressive. Looking at this from the start of the season, of course i want Sevilla to win the league this year and i think they have the resources to do so and they have started well, but Atletico and Villareal also look very good along with obviously the big two, Barca and Real. Some people fancy Valencia but i dont personally, dont really think they are good enough, even though they are much better than last season.
CRYSTAL PALACE FC
keller8
"If you don't believe in yourself why should anyone else?" Andrei Shevchencko.

Croatianblood1
Veteran Member

shahensha wrote:he has improved so much. He is already starting over raul
Higuain starting over Raul? No way, Real wouldn't ever sit their captain/savior/god/hero.

shahensha
Veteran Member

yee barcelona derby today. If Barcelona want to show they are serious about a title challenge, this game is there chance.

canadianfootballer

barca win derby 2-1 with a leo messi penalty in the 100th minute

shahensha
Veteran Member

Valencia beat Deportivo 4-2. That was an entertaining game. Valencia have stepped up their game this season for sure.

man can villa stop scoring? I was all excited messi was the joint top scorer and then this guy had to get a brace against deportivo today to get his tally up to 6 goals and lead the charts well ahead of the pack

Not only that, valencia are top of the table, leveled on points with villareal but having a superior goal difference.

So i noticed Albiol was the captain and it made me wonder "why?! This guy is so young! Just because he got a start against greece in the euro doesnt mean he can be captain"........but then I saw him play and damn did he display a genuine captain's performance.

The absense of deportivo's midfield enforcer De Guzman was definitely evident in the game today as Deportivo had a really difficult time controlling midfield. De Guzman is one of the most important players for the team.

I felt his opposite number Albelda did a really good job holding the midfield down. It was glad to see Albelda back to being a regular in the squad too.

Another important player for deportivo is the youngster Guardado. Everything goes through this fellow. Corners and freekicks too. I felt Miguel had a good game nullifying his threat though.

The first ten minutes of the game, the attack circulated solely from the left flank with Guardado leading the attack. The first time they decide to move the attack to the right flank..........it leads to a goal. Alvarez was sent a throughball on the right, which he crossed in front of goal, the ball took a deflection of moretti and went inside the net. Yup an own goal.

Valencia didnt lose their composure and kept attacking. Especially from the right flank with Joaquin going nuts. Surely the equalizing goal came from his cross, which was converted by Juan mata

After Juan mata scored the goal, his confidence grew and he saw more of the ball. I think that was the deciding factor because this kid had a tremendous game today. He had some decent shots on goal and set up the rest of the goals for Valencia. I also marvel at his versatility. He played on the left flank today(filling in for an injured silva). When Koeman was in charge he played as a central midfielder. In reality he is actually a striker who can smell the goal better than a greyhound with cleared sinuses, which is clear from his ability to score goals...........and he is only 20! Anyone thinks he kinda looks like a better looking version of Rooney?

Villa had an amazing game for sure. He had so many shots on goal he could have definitely scored more than 3.

His first goal was a beautiful throughball from mata which he latched on to inside the box, he looked up to see that he didnt really have any support so he prolly thought to himself "ahh fu** it I gotta do this sh*t by myself", pushed the ball to his right and shot it in for the go ahead goal.

After that goal he just went nuts. Even did fancy maneuvers like the back heel flick in the air and two seconds later a rabona......which was deliberately controlled by a defender's hand and should have been given a penalty.

His second goal was a nice assist from mata again. Fernandes sent a long ball in the box for Mata. Mata controlled it and without any hesitation sliced the ball through the defenders for Villa to score an easy tap-in.

Lets also not forget Jouquin got a goal along with his assist to cap in a fine performance. Villa released mata on the left flank, who pulled it back for joaquin to score. He also had some nice runs to the box and should have scored a couple more times as well.

So this deportivo player takes down Moretti and as he is doing that he cops a feel........which is very disturbing to say the least. Then I see that his name is "Laure" and the way the spanish pronounce it, I laughed thinking "hey thats the plural of vagina in me mothertongue!" hahah no lie...........sh*t makes so much sense now

Rulezzz
Veteran Member

Atletico Madrid 0-1 Sevilla great result for Sevilla, unfortunately i didnt get to watch the game, but i heard it was a free kick from Fabiano that won it, Its a quite unbelievable result when everyone is going on about how good atletico and aguero are.
CRYSTAL PALACE FC
keller8
"If you don't believe in yourself why should anyone else?" Andrei Shevchencko.