58%
Atletico
No votes
Valencia
No votes

Total votes: 24

MUFC1994
Veteran Member

I think Real will win it but i think barca will finish second....i watched the game today barca vs Chivas...and barca looked nice offencively but looked sorta weak defensively...

This si off topic but howd u think barca/chivas played.

i thought iniesta and xavi looked really strong

bootcamp must be paying off for iniesta :lol: :wink:
Last edited by MUFC1994 on 04 Aug 2008, 01:57, edited 2 times in total.

ForzaMilan
Veteran Member

I'm gonna have to go with Madrid, Besides Alves, I dont see who they are bring in to replace everyone who is leaving. I also haven't heard of Villareal making any substantial purchases yet, which they will need to do if they want to challenge for the title.

Edit: I didn't watch Barca-Chivas so I can't tell you what I thought. :)

MUFC1994
Veteran Member

well the final score was 5-2 barca

casar22
Veteran Member

Why do you keep creating polls with just the most famous teams from that league?("Who will win Seria A" Topic and this topic) I mean, Barca was 3rd this past season. Anyway:

1st. Real Madrid
2nd. Atletico
3rd. Barcelona
4th. Valencia

And the Chivas game was good, and I have to agree with you that Barca's defense was weak

Bienvenido Cristiano Ronaldo!

Real_Madrid_10
Sophomore Member

i think barca will win the la liga this year.
their attack looked really good today against chivas. and their new aquisitions they made this transfer period i think can really help them for the long run

and i know some of u r probably thinking y r u picking barca when your name is real madrid. well i picked the name cuz i like robinho

MUFC1994
Veteran Member

yes but barcas defense conceived 2 goals against a crappy Mexican team... i'll be able to make a further evaluation when they play the red bulls.....

Real_Madrid_10
Sophomore Member

chivas is one of the better teams they have in the mexian league. they did the best they could they had their oppurtunites and they were under constant pressure from the barca attak, so i think they faired pretty well. i really dont think the red bulls r that much better then chivas, if at all, so i dont know how good of a gague the red bulls will be

MUFC1994
Veteran Member

but it is a long season... so anything can happen. If barca improves their defense i think they might have a shot at winning la liga. but if they allow two goals from a mexican team teams like real, atletico, and valencia will give this team trouble.

But i will agree with you....Barca's offence is looking really sharp especially iniesta and xavi.

Real_Madrid_10
Sophomore Member

yeah i agree they need to get better defensivly. but they do have a lot of talented defenders. i think most of their goals conceded this year will be on the counter, cuz their outside backs like to get forward an awful lot.

canadianfootballer

ForzaMilan wrote:I'm gonna have to go with Madrid, Besides Alves, I dont see who they are bring in to replace everyone who is leaving. I also haven't heard of Villareal making any substantial purchases yet, which they will need to do if they want to challenge for the title.

Edit: I didn't watch Barca-Chivas so I can't tell you what I thought. :)
it doesn't matter if u have strong players look at barca last year the so called "Fantastic four" 2 of them didn't do sh*t ronnie and eto'o the other two did it comes down to chemistry i hhope madrid does get ronaldo even though i am also a man u fan because that way madrid will have too many star players and will crumble just like they did in 04/05 and 05/06. This barca team to me plays very well and by the way guys messi wan't there there playmaker so if he was it would have been like 7 or 8-2 for barca .

messi19
Veteran Member

If Barcelona play at there best no one can beat them.
There were too many injuries last year and some players i.e Ronaldinho didnt want to play for the club, and when he did play he was lazy.

Hleb is a great signing for them and can hopefully replace Ronaldinho.

Eto'o needs to stay, and Messi needs to keep fit during the season.
So if everything goes the right way, Barca will win La Liga! :D

I WRITE EVERYTHING FROM MY iPOD TOUCH!

Vistula
Sophomore Member

Im going to watch Barca's game with Red Bulls in Giant Stadium! Hehe... but for me they had a real crappy season even though coming in third and probably going to push hard this time. At least second place for me, played well with Chivas. Real Madrid just don't give any other team a chance to win La Liga, but for some reason they don't do good in Champion's League.:-(

Davidson9
Veteran Member

As a Real fan I want to go with them but....

They will only beat the 2nd place team by 20 points. :wink:

I have to go with Real winning a 3rd straight title and I think that they have made quality buys and will make some more during the January window.

1. Real

2. Barca

3. Atleti

4. Valencia

messi19
Veteran Member

Davidson9 wrote: 1. Real

2. Barca

3. Atleti

4. Valencia
More like.....

1. Barca