Poll ended at 30 Jun 2008, 20:31

Germany
42%
Spain
58%

Total votes: 24

ScottyBoy
Veteran Member

well, spain clearly played germany off the park, good to see the best team of the tournament winning

i hate that prick platini, he thinks he's the star, making all these changes, also, for the euro and champions league trophies he carried them both forward, he looked like he was going to lift them both. he should just hand it over then fu** off not be at the front when its lifted, that really annoyed me

People who say something cannot be done are often surprised by others doing it.

Croatianblood1
Veteran Member

Ha yes! I predicted Torres would score. I missed the game but from what I hear it was an exciting match.

DeeChan

I just clicked SEARCH yesterday and found this, so I decided to save it. So true :D
No longer avaliable tho :(

shahensha
Veteran Member

Amazing. The best team of the tournament deserved to win tonight. Although it did not seem like they would win in the beginning. The first 10 minutes was absolute german bombardment. Spain couldnt get hold of the ball. Even when they did they would nervously boot it back to the germans.

They slowly took control and began to attack. And as the game went on Spain took more control but germany fought back hard. It was a delightful end to end game.

Xavi was immense in the midfield, controlling the circulation of the ball around the field. He set up torres' goal by slicing the ball through the german defence on for torres. Definitely the man of the match.

Senna was ridiculous too, closing down the midfield. He had a nice play taking it all the way up to the goal by himself and almost scoring off a guiza pullback header.

Casillas didnt really see the ball much as lehmann but he performed really well too. Took care of any ariel threat in the box. Corners were punched out to safety and his hand was the first to any cross. From watching this game and tournament (well club too) it should be clearly evident that casillas really is the best goalie in the world.

Sergio had an impressive performance too. Shut down podolski perfectly and contributed well in the attack too.

Torres took great advantage of xavi's throughball, touched it past lahm and clipped it over lehmann into the net. Throughout this whole time I though lehmann would have control of it but torres made complete fools out of both the lamb and lemon.

Quick question, since our young spaniard has scored more goals in this tournament, especially a brilliant one in the final, which lead his team to championship glory, will he be awarded best player of the year for his club AND international brilliance? Possible?

Ballack fought like a madman. He was the fellow leading the attack and first one to defend the ball. True captain's performance.

I am really proud of spain winning the tournament. These players totally exuded spanish brilliance and showed la liga's class. They entered the tournament on an unbeaten streak of 17 games and leave the tournament still unbeaten, with silverware. Bravo Spain.

ScottyBoy
Veteran Member

shahensha wrote:Quick question, since our young spaniard has scored more goals in this tournament, especially a brilliant one in the final, which lead his team to championship glory, will he be awarded best player of the year for his club AND international brilliance? Possible?
will he win world player of the year?? if thats the question... i doubt it

People who say something cannot be done are often surprised by others doing it.

shahensha
Veteran Member

aw damn. Prolly come in second then

messi19
Veteran Member

Jesus christ! How bad did Germany play again? Did Germany even have a shot on goal? Well done to Spain for beating the Germans. But it could of been alot more, maybe 4 or 5 who knows? But what I do know is that Spain deserve to win Euro 2008! I would also like to say how well Torres played. There was no Villa helping him and he played amazing! and what a great goal.

I WRITE EVERYTHING FROM MY iPOD TOUCH!

Kakasgotskillz
Veteran Member

In the end, Germany didn't use their chances and kept trying to give crosses in opportunities where they could've shot, and the crosses and set pieces they took were almost horrid (like 90% of their free kicks went way too far).

Ballack, Klose, and Schweinsteiger underplayed. Ballack was fighting, but he constantly coughed up the ball too easily and Klose's touch let him down. Schweinsteiger's set pieces were terrible, but his game was just about slightly under par. I don't know why Low chose to bring in Kuranyi in instead of Neuville, that could've made a difference as Kuranyi didn't do much positively for Germany.

The goal... was... I guess pretty good. It wasn't Lahm's fault really, he thought Lehmann had it. If Lahm had gone after him for it though... that would've been a whole different story :P

tevezaholic
Veteran Member

am i the only person that didnt get that,EURO 08 FINAL,GERMANY VS SPAIN!!!!!!!! feeling,it was sorta like,oh,germany is playing spain,and even when they held up the cup,i didnt get the feeling it was a final,the match dissapointed me and the feeling of it also dissapointed
Oh crap,missed me bus!!

Ballack13
Veteran Member

tevezaholic wrote:am i the only person that didnt get that,EURO 08 FINAL,GERMANY VS SPAIN!!!!!!!! feeling,it was sorta like,oh,germany is playing spain,and even when they held up the cup,i didnt get the feeling it was a final,the match dissapointed me and the feeling of it also dissapointed
Yeah, the experience all together wasnt at all like the world cup in 06.

canadianfootballer

viva espana!! i don't like germany style of play so that's why i picked spain but from the start of the tournament i was rooting for croatia

mrplow
New User

IM SO HAPPY SPAIN WON
torres is unstoppable at this stage in his career

fir_nev
Sgt. I can't get enough of Asian chicks

Spain is way better team than the Germans. Young team too. When I saw a 4-1-4-1, I went 0_0. I knew we would go down against a team with class.

barcahooligan
Veteran Member

i really thought that Spain would struggle without Villa but i was really proven wrong....Senna impressed me cause in the beginning of the tournement i thought he was just an extra body in the midfield not doing much, but he hussled the most out of anyone during the final........

anyone notice that Torres wasnt wearin a headband? maybe hes a superstitious as his coach....
sig by 2brown347

Real_Zidane
Veteran Member

I was rooting for Germany to win, and was disappointed at the way they played. Let's see what Jens has to say about it:
"The referee was a catastrophe and sometimes I think it is fixed when I see such a referee who is biased and not correct in his decisions," he said.

"For example a Spanish player (David Silva) head-butted our player (Lukas Podolski) and the referee saw it and the linesman saw it.

"I am disappointed, but I will feel the real disappointment in the next couple of days, weeks, maybe years.

"This was for sure my last European Championship match. That's why losing is so hard to bear at this moment.
Everyone knows Jens is short for Jennifer. :)