Germany vs. Turkey

Discussion about European club leagues, Champions League and anything in UEFA

Germany or Turkey

Germany
13
65%
Turkey
7
35%
 
Total votes: 20

messi19
Veteran Member
Posts: 883
Joined: 21 Mar 2008, 05:36

Post by messi19 » 21 Jun 2008, 15:40

It will be a interesting game because Croatia beat Germany and now Turkey beat Croatia. Although I would love to see Turkey win I think it will be too much for them and they have players out due to injury and suspension. But you never know Turkey could get another late winner.
Image

Image

I WRITE EVERYTHING FROM MY iPOD TOUCH!

jthursto
Senior Member
Posts: 132
Joined: 06 Jun 2006, 17:51

Post by jthursto » 22 Jun 2008, 18:37

messi19 wrote:It will be a interesting game because Croatia beat Germany and now Turkey beat Croatia. Although I would love to see Turkey win I think it will be too much for them and they have players out due to injury and suspension. But you never know Turkey could get another late winner.
This is true. But its obvious that the Germans have stepped up their game. I'm pretty sure Portugal would have beaten Croatia, and Germany beat Portugal. I really think it comes down to who wants it more.
Image
Unknown Author of Sig but amazing nonetheless

2brown347
Veteran Member
Posts: 3339
Joined: 30 Oct 2007, 04:15

Post by 2brown347 » 23 Jun 2008, 00:21

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story ... 78&cc=5901
hmmmmmmmm. :roll: Plot twist

turkey got 12 players avalible.

Kakasgotskillz
Veteran Member
Posts: 2159
Joined: 13 Dec 2006, 20:15

Post by Kakasgotskillz » 23 Jun 2008, 00:54

barcahooligan wrote:Turkey are fatigued, and they have a million suspensions and injuries............BUT................they have pulled off 2 miracles against Croatia and and the Czech Republic........i see it Germany winning, but i wont count out Turkey as they obviously have some sort of luck on there side.
Actually 3, they beat Switzerland too with luck.

sultankhan
New User
Posts: 1
Joined: 22 Jun 2008, 19:39

Post by sultankhan » 23 Jun 2008, 13:33

Kakasgotskillz wrote:
barcahooligan wrote:Turkey are fatigued, and they have a million suspensions and injuries............BUT................they have pulled off 2 miracles against Croatia and and the Czech Republic........i see it Germany winning, but i wont count out Turkey as they obviously have some sort of luck on there side.
Actually 3, they beat Switzerland too with luck.

c'mon guys..if it was happen in 3 matches you will not say that it was luck..so be careful turkey will make you shock again in wednesday

a small fact:(do you know that KAKA means sh*t in Turkish!!!! :lol:)

Nat_H
Veteran Member
Posts: 1559
Joined: 11 Jun 2008, 18:03

Post by Nat_H » 24 Jun 2008, 01:46

Volkan's ban appeal was denied...
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story ... 86&cc=5901

And sultankhan...you are right, lol
http://www.langtolang.com/?selectMenuLa ... MenuLang=1
Now I just gotta find what sultankhan means in Portuguese...

rzadzinski
Poland Spring Rzadzinski
Posts: 6203
Joined: 17 Jan 2007, 04:23
Location: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Post by rzadzinski » 24 Jun 2008, 07:01

sultankhan wrote: a small fact:(do you know that KAKA means sh*t in Turkish!!!! :lol:)
It's also a slang for crap in Polish. Just felt that this was necessary somehow.

I think Germany really should take care of Turkey this time though, sorry.
Why?
Because Ballack eats Wheaties and human blood for breakfast.
"I wear tinted visor not to trick other players, but so hot girls in stands don't see me looking at them."

-Alexander Ovechkin

soccer11
Admin
Posts: 4870
Joined: 24 Feb 2005, 23:40
Location: Michigan, USA

Post by soccer11 » 24 Jun 2008, 14:53

rzadzinski wrote:
sultankhan wrote: a small fact:(do you know that KAKA means sh*t in Turkish!!!! :lol:)
It's also a slang for crap in Polish. Just felt that this was necessary somehow.

I think Germany really should take care of Turkey this time though, sorry.
Why?
Because Ballack eats Wheaties and human blood for breakfast.
pretty much same for hungarian haha

i don't care about either team but go germany. who cares.
Image

Davidson9
Veteran Member
Posts: 4471
Joined: 27 Aug 2007, 18:41

Post by Davidson9 » 24 Jun 2008, 15:20

Kaka pretty much means sh*t in most language's.

I can see Turkey pulling off a 1-0 win.

Maybe.

Nat_H
Veteran Member
Posts: 1559
Joined: 11 Jun 2008, 18:03

Post by Nat_H » 24 Jun 2008, 19:29

If Turkey were fully healthy and fully cleared of suspensions, yeah, I definitely see them winning, but I don't know now. Exactly how many players will Turkey have available for the match?

goose43
Sophomore Member
Posts: 49
Joined: 12 Jun 2008, 17:58

Post by goose43 » 24 Jun 2008, 20:15

I dont think turkey have another comeback in them. Germany 3-0

mrbeankid22
Moderator
Posts: 728
Joined: 26 Jul 2005, 02:28
Location: Dallas, TX US

Post by mrbeankid22 » 24 Jun 2008, 21:38

Nat_H wrote:If Turkey were fully healthy and fully cleared of suspensions, yeah, I definitely see them winning, but I don't know now. Exactly how many players will Turkey have available for the match?
14 players available. A full team plus 2 outfield subs and the 3rd string goalie.

Ballack13
Veteran Member
Posts: 1554
Joined: 31 Mar 2007, 03:10
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia

Post by Ballack13 » 25 Jun 2008, 01:28

Davidson9 wrote:I can see Turkey pulling off a 1-0 win.
Wanna put some money on that? :P

I say the german's will win 3-0 with 1 early goal, around the 20th minute, and the other 2 come late in the second half. Scorer's will be Podolski, Klose and Schweinsteiger.

I heard that the Turks had about 13 available players, but arent they missing a couple really important players, i.e Servet, Tuncay and Volkan?
Image
Only real footballers could fight like this.

Kakasgotskillz
Veteran Member
Posts: 2159
Joined: 13 Dec 2006, 20:15

Post by Kakasgotskillz » 25 Jun 2008, 01:42

messi19 wrote:It will be a interesting game because Croatia beat Germany and now Turkey beat Croatia. Although I would love to see Turkey win I think it will be too much for them and they have players out due to injury and suspension. But you never know Turkey could get another late winner.
Well you can look at it the other way around. Portugal beat Turkey and Germany beat Portugal :) . Either way, that's not football. If you look at the odds, they are stacked against Turkey because of lack of quality and injuries compared to a strong German squad with no injuries.

Real_Zidane
Veteran Member
Posts: 1925
Joined: 11 Aug 2006, 17:36

Post by Real_Zidane » 25 Jun 2008, 16:47

When the possibility of your 3rd string goalkeeper coming on as a sub for a striker role is likely, then you know you're in trouble. I think the Turks are out of gas. They've put on a brilliant performance until this point and just have refused to die, but ultimately I think they've already had enough and just ran out of steam. I called Germany to win the tournament, so it's impossible they won't. :D
Image

Post Reply