Portugal vs. Germany

Discussion about European club leagues, Champions League and anything in UEFA
ForzaMilan
Veteran Member

shahensha wrote:However if Spain does go ahead and Torres scores quite a lot of goals for them then he will definitely end up winning player of the year over Cronaldo.
I don't know even if they do I think Ronaldo would still edge him out.

mrbeankid22

First off, Ronaldo will win the world player of the year award. I really don't see anyone beating him out on this one this year. Even if Torres were to be the highest goal scorer in the tournament, it would have to be something absolutely amazing to propel him to win the WPOTY award.

Second, I agree with 2Brown, If I were a die hard Man-U fan, I would not be too happy. Now I'm not a Ronaldo hater by any means, he's actually my second favorite player behind David Villa ( < GOD :D ), but I really think all this transfer sh*t is a bitch move. If Cristiano wanted to stay, he should have made it clear before the tournament started and got on with it, instead of letting this transfer talk linger in the back of his head the whole time with the media on his back. It's all about the money, and even if it was 'his dream' to play at the Bernabeu, I really think he is betraying the group of people that made him what he is today.

Third, this talk about Cristiano's captaining abilities and etc... Portugal really don't have anyone else to hand the arm band once Nuno Gomes is taken off. Deco ehh ... maybe Carvalho, but even that is a stretch. Ronaldo has matured alot since the World Cup (although in my opinion not close to enough). He's actually passing the ball more often and trying to create opportunities for his teammates. Still again with the transfer talk decisions and the pointing fingers after the set piece, he has ways to go.

ForzaMilan
Veteran Member

If you look at the set piece Klose was completely unmarked right infront of goal. As captain/vice captain its his role to tell people what they're doing wrong, and if its something that blatant, sometimes it won't always come off too nicely. It's professional football, you cant be all "better luck next time" all the time.

2brown347
Veteran Member

If it woulda been someone else's fault and he was pointing and yelling at them then it'd be forgivable, BUT IT WAS HIS FAULT AND HE DID IT, which is why it wasn't

ganaa261092
Veteran Member

2brown347 wrote:If it woulda been someone else's fault and he was pointing and yelling at them then it'd be forgivable, BUT IT WAS HIS FAULT AND HE DID IT, which is why it wasn't
i have to agree with you.

ForzaMilan
Veteran Member

We'll I didn't actually see the incident where he was pointing at people, so whatever.

steve-0
Veteran Member

2brown347 wrote:If it woulda been someone else's fault and he was pointing and yelling at them then it'd be forgivable, BUT IT WAS HIS FAULT AND HE DID IT, which is why it wasn't
i totally agree wif dat. but there's absolutely nothing ronaldo can do to please everyone. just putting that out there. and he better not go to real madrid. :evil: i lost beckham to them once and ronaldo will just be too much...