Portugal vs. Germany

Discussion about European club leagues, Champions League and anything in UEFA
BGbeast23
Veteran Member

Zlatan5 wrote:No excuses from anyone cause Netherlands is gonna destroy everyone. :twisted:
Right you are :D .

Kakasgotskillz
Veteran Member

Evan wrote:WTF was Scolari thinking putting Nani in before Quaresma...seriously.
Actually I was pissed off cuz he put in Simao to start instead of Quaresma to begin with. But as a pro-Germany fan that doesn't really matter.

You Ronaldo-haters are being biased here. He could've had atleast 2-3 goals, but he gave them up for assists instead. That's how Quaresma and Deco got their goals from, and I counted, Ronaldo had possession of the ball 20 times in the game, and each of the 20 times he was able to either draw a foul (including some pretty bad acting skills), or complete a pass.

And Netherlands will get plowed by the Spanish. Just wait till Italy gets wrecked on Sunday (too bad I won't get to see it) :P

Evan
Veteran Member

I dunno, I thought Simao did alright today, better than he usually does. He got the ball a lot more. But I agree Quaresma should have started over him. I'm going back to root for Spain now...that's how I started out, rooting for Spain then I started to root for Portugal...and now they're...gone. :oops:
On a different note everyone's pretty good with women when it comes to hookers... well except the sham-wow guy.

shahensha
Veteran Member

lol woah kakazgotskillz, you might be a bit off on the statistics there. Cronaldo was absolutely abysmal that game, especially considering his expectations. I felt the only portguese players who really performed were Bosingwa, Pepe, Simao, Moutinho (his injury really weakened Portugal, Merieles sucked sh*t) and especially Deco.

German defence was effective in shutting down Cronaldo I felt and pretty much everyone for that matter. Cronaldo tried to dribble through the left side of German defence but Lahm on many occasions had a "back the fu** up" attitude and stopped him. Lahm did pretty well actually.

Deco played pretty well. Made some lovely passes which included a rapier throughball to Simao and a nice build up that lead to Cronaldo 1 v 1 with Lehmann. He did well in trying to create something but Germany had it all locked down.

Portugal indeed had more posession and passing flair but Germany wasnt too far off from emanating their style of futbol as well. Attack really fast with strength to boot. It was absolute Blitzkrieg.

Germany took good advantage of the two set pieces awarded to them. The first goal was beautiful. Podolski playing two 1-2s. One with Ballack, releasing Podolski on the left wing as he races down and pulls back for Schwienstiger to score. Schweinstiger went on to set up the other two. The second goal was a nice header from Klose who beat the offside trap and his marker (erhm Christie). The third one was by Ballack who definitely needed a goal to mark off a captain's performance.

Portugal fought back and scored two but it wasnt enough. Cronaldo couldnt really do anything so he had that frustrated look on his face every two seconds. You know the one where he looks like he is ready to fall over and start crying. Surprisingly I didnt see him cry at all after Portugal lost............either he is haunted by pics from 2004 or he loves club more than country.

Regardless, Cronaldo is not mature enough to be captaining an international side. Ballack showed much more poise and leadership as a captain than Cronaldo. Cronaldo maybe a very good athelete but he is not at all a good captain. Captain's dont point fingers and bitch at their teammates which is what Cronaldo did on the second goal. What made him look even more of a fu**ing idiot after all the finger pointing was the fact that he was the one who allowed Klose to sneak past him and score. Brilliant move Christie, brilliant move.

I'd rather have Simao over Nani or Quaresma. All nani can do is run with the ball really fast, which is the only thing he did yesterday. Infact Portgual's second goal was a result of him running around before letting the ball go. That was a great set-up but when he was locked down he couldnt do anything but stand there wasting time even though it was stoppage time and Portgual needed a goal.

Quaresma does a lot of unnecessary tricks and moves. Portugal already have a player like that, why the need of one more?

Simao may use a back heel flick or two (one may connect, one might not) but he is more of a direct player and gets involved in the attack alot. Pretty good passer of the ball too. Wasnt he the one who released Cronaldo on the left side, whose deflected shot was scored on the rebound by nuno gomes?

lol dont you fellas love futbol. Anything can happen. Italy might pull an upset over Spain with very defensive and effective Italian futbol. Who knows? Anything can happen.

However if Spain does go ahead and Torres scores quite a lot of goals for them then he will definitely end up winning player of the year over Cronaldo.

jthursto

That was a wonderful game to watch. My roommate has a major boycrush on Ronaldo and it felt so good to rub it in his face that Germany spanked him.

Performance of the German team really surprised me. Definitely a pick up from group stage games. Schweinsteiger's goal was amazing and the other two were actually pretty soft goals. I'm surprised Ricardo played so horribly.

And i too don't understand why people are saying Portugal played better....If they played better wouldn't they have won? Crap offense. Crap Defense. The germans did a wonderful job in keeping at least 9 players between the Portuguese offense and the goal. That was what really shut Portugal down.

And so much for Ronaldo. All I saw in that game was a couple passing flicks, a crappy shot on goal, and him getting all butthurt on a minor foul. Glad he's walking. Have fun in Madrid.

As for Final....I predict Germany v. Netherlands
Unknown Author of Sig but amazing nonetheless

MSILancer7
Veteran Member

shahensha wrote: German defence was effective in shutting down Cronaldo I felt and pretty much everyone for that matter. Cronaldo tried to dribble through the left side of German defence but Lahm on many occasions had a "back the fu** up" attitude and stopped him. Lahm did pretty well actually.
I told you guys that philip lahm was a beast

steve-0
Veteran Member

shahensha wrote: Regardless, Cronaldo is not mature enough to be captaining an international side. Ballack showed much more poise and leadership as a captain than Cronaldo. Cronaldo maybe a very good athelete but he is not at all a good captain. Captain's dont point fingers and bitch at their teammates which is what Cronaldo did on the second goal. What made him look even more of a fu**ing idiot after all the finger pointing was the fact that he was the one who allowed Klose to sneak past him and score. Brilliant move Christie, brilliant move.
dude u act like you've known ronaldo ur whole life. do u think scolari's an idiot? ronaldo's captain for a reason. what u see on da surface and on tv from ronaldo doesn't mean that's how he is all da time. when klose scored dat goal, ronaldo threw his hands up and started pointing fingers. that was a reflex, he's prolly been doin dat his whole life but im pretty sure he's not holding dat against his teammates. he has matured. ppl r on his nuts for a reason. that reason may not suffice to u and others, but there is a reason.

but i agree about what u said about quaresma. ronaldo's not trying to do everything on his own all da time now and ppl r taking that as him "being stopped by his opponent" and "not being involved in da game".

tevezaholic
Veteran Member

scolari was stupid to play nani before quaresma....he was stupid to not got quaresma in the starting 11
Oh crap,missed me bus!!

Evan
Veteran Member

steve-0 wrote:when klose scored dat goal, ronaldo threw his hands up and started pointing fingers. that was a reflex, he's prolly been doin dat his whole life but im pretty sure he's not holding dat against his teammates.
A reflex? And you don't think he's holding that against his teammates? What is he pointing fingers for then, if not blaming his teammates? Explain what you think he was doing then.

Quaresma does do alot of tricks like Cronaldo, but I also think that Quaresma is a better team player. Just my opinion. Simao did not have a good tournament at all, and Quaresma should have played yesterday.
On a different note everyone's pretty good with women when it comes to hookers... well except the sham-wow guy.

rzadzinski
Poland Spring Rzadzinski

Many of you might be surprised by a Polish man supporting the German's against Portugal. But I sure as hell was. Well played Germany! Netherlands for EURO 2008 though. :wink:
"I wear tinted visor not to trick other players, but so hot girls in stands don't see me looking at them."

-Alexander Ovechkin

steve-0
Veteran Member

Evan wrote:
steve-0 wrote:when klose scored dat goal, ronaldo threw his hands up and started pointing fingers. that was a reflex, he's prolly been doin dat his whole life but im pretty sure he's not holding dat against his teammates.
A reflex? And you don't think he's holding that against his teammates? What is he pointing fingers for then, if not blaming his teammates? Explain what you think he was doing then.

Quaresma does do alot of tricks like Cronaldo, but I also think that Quaresma is a better team player. Just my opinion. Simao did not have a good tournament at all, and Quaresma should have played yesterday.
i meant it was a reflex cuz ive watched documentary's about ronaldo as a kid. he would always bitch when his team lost and blame his teammates. wif time everyone matures, but bad habits are hard to break.

u kno quaresma was held out of scolari's portuguese team at one point cuz of an attitude problem. YOU may think quaresma is a better team player than ronaldo from what YOU see on tv, but that's obviously not the case cuz if it were, everyone, including big phil, would be fighting for him on their team. there's more to quaresma than meets the eye.

2brown347
Veteran Member

Don't use someone having a bad attitude as a reason they aren't better then cr7 :lol:

also y are u defending him, "o it's just a reflex because he did it when he was a immature kid" well then he must still be one because he goes around blaming his team and cries like a bitch when they lose.

Something that I don't get is why are people behind what he's doing to Man U. I'd think any real man U fan wouldn't even want him on the team right now, it's ashley cole multiplied by 1000. He's playing stupid games and will probably end up turning on the man responsible for his success. (not saying I like either but that's the truth).

If Drogba, Essien, Terry anyone from Chelsea was doing what he's doing NO MATTER HOW GOOD they were I personally as a fan wouldn't want them at the club anymore. Even if he stays how is that gonna benefit the club, he's a little bitch. Fergie needs to sell his B!tch a$$ and take Robinho and whoever else was offered and buy another couple world class players with the transfer fee. For what Madrid has offerd Man U could get at least 3 world class players.

I look at it this way- this year NBA the Lakers had 1 amazing player=Kobe, Boston had 3 really good players. Who is are the Champions, Fergie needs to sell his bit(h a$$ and bring in a few players who honestly would probably be better anyway. And thats from someone who dislikes Man U.

steve-0
Veteran Member

2brown347 wrote:Don't use someone having a bad attitude as a reason they aren't better then cr7 :lol:

also y are u defending him, "o it's just a reflex because he did it when he was a immature kid" well then he must still be one because he goes around blaming his team and cries like a bitch when they lose.

Something that I don't get is why are people behind what he's doing to Man U. I'd think any real man U fan wouldn't even want him on the team right now, it's ashley cole multiplied by 1000. He's playing stupid games and will probably end up turning on the man responsible for his success. (not saying I like either but that's the truth).

If Drogba, Essien, Terry anyone from Chelsea was doing what he's doing NO MATTER HOW GOOD they were I personally as a fan wouldn't want them at the club anymore. Even if he stays how is that gonna benefit the club, he's a little bitch. Fergie needs to sell his B!tch a$$ and take Robinho and whoever else was offered and buy another couple world class players with the transfer fee. For what Madrid has offerd Man U could get at least 3 world class players.

I look at it this way- this year NBA the Lakers had 1 amazing player=Kobe, Boston had 3 really good players. Who is are the Champions, Fergie needs to sell his bit(h a$$ and bring in a few players who honestly would probably be better anyway. And thats from someone who dislikes Man U.
u hav ur opinion and i hav mine. u wanna talk about the lakers then more power to u.

i jus wanted to add that Evan said quaresma was a better team player than ronaldo, and i said he wasn't a better team player than ronaldo. if u think quaresma's also a better player than ronaldo, then once again, more power to you.

and how r u gonna speak for "true man u fans" when u jus said u hated man u. and what makes u think u kno what's best for man u more than the great sir alex.

i'm jus gonna trhow in a smiley face cuz it seems to make light of every situation. :lol:

2brown347
Veteran Member

steve-0 wrote:
and how r u gonna speak for "true man u fans" when u jus said u hated man u. and what makes u think u kno what's best for man u more than the great sir alex.
I'm saying that if myself as a Chelsea fan would lose all respect for a player if they were doing what he is right now, and I'd expect true Man U fans to do the same, that shoulda gone without explaining.

steve-0
Veteran Member

true true. i guess im not a true man u fan. :shock: . i jus want them to win. but i haven't lost all respect for the guy, he's been through a lot, and who am i to judge him.

and if still having respect for ronaldo is wrong, then i dont want to be right. hahahaha i thot that was hillarious. it ain't easy being cheesy.