Croatia vs. Turkey

Discussion about European club leagues, Champions League and anything in UEFA
chicagofirefan
Veteran Member

Group B winners Croatia and Group A runner ups Turkey will be playing June 19 at Basel in the quarter Finals. Who do u think will win/who do you want to win. I think it will be Croatia 2-1 Turkey.
Bulgaria is our faith, Levski is our Freedom

Davidson9
Veteran Member

Well, I want Turkey to win, and I think they have a good chance against a team like Croatia. Croatia have impressed so far in that they topped a group that included Germany. Turkey may not have been playing great football but they have been OK. I think that they will both have a lot of momentum coming into this game and I think 1-0 Turkey would be realistic, goal from Arda Turan.

messi19
Veteran Member

Hold on, I dont know why everyone is talking about Croatia winning group B. If Croatia lose their last game and Germany win, wouldnt that put Germany through as winners?

I WRITE EVERYTHING FROM MY iPOD TOUCH!

Kakasgotskillz
Veteran Member

Germany ftw. Poland will give it their all and bring the game to Croatia. Germany will show have to dominate in order to secure a good spot in quarters (which means, not portugal), so they'll score goals and we'll see if both teams win or whichever team wins by goal difference.

Croatianblood1
Veteran Member

messi19 wrote:Hold on, I dont know why everyone is talking about Croatia winning group B. If Croatia lose their last game and Germany win, wouldnt that put Germany through as winners?
Actually no. The rules for EURO are different than for the World Cup. Since Croatia has 2 wins and they have already beaten Germany, Germany cannot win the group. Croatia are automatic winners of the group no matter what happens next game. And I think Croatia will win versus Turkey. Turkey are a good side and we better not let our guard down against them. I'm hoping that Croatia will be able to make it to the finals, I know its possible. We can play just as well as any other team in the tournament.

fawad000

well, i think Croatia would make it to the semi's ,although,Turkey played gr8 last night but still they lack experience in international football which is essential to beat major teams,i hope there would b no more upsets.

messi19
Veteran Member

Croatianblood1 wrote:
messi19 wrote:Hold on, I dont know why everyone is talking about Croatia winning group B. If Croatia lose their last game and Germany win, wouldnt that put Germany through as winners?
Actually no. The rules for EURO are different than for the World Cup. Since Croatia has 2 wins and they have already beaten Germany, Germany cannot win the group. Croatia are automatic winners of the group no matter what happens next game. And I think Croatia will win versus Turkey. Turkey are a good side and we better not let our guard down against them. I'm hoping that Croatia will be able to make it to the finals, I know its possible. We can play just as well as any other team in the tournament.
Oh I see, I think it will be a very close game between Croatia and Turkey, It may go to penalties. I hope Turkey win :D Also I think I was the only one who thought Turkey could make it through to the quater finals!

I WRITE EVERYTHING FROM MY iPOD TOUCH!

chicagofirefan
Veteran Member

I'll be given a live update for this match tommorow :mrgreen:

Kakasgotskillz
Veteran Member

lol how many live updates have you given us so far chicagofirefan?

Anyways, Croatia 2-0. My prediction. So Germany has a chance to redeem themselves. Plus, Turkey is too reliant on their two best players, and that'll be their downfall. Rakitic away!

MSILancer7
Veteran Member

I would love to see turkey win because my god father played with turkey's coach and most of their backline, and also i hate croatia because they beat germany, but im not to sure that that will happen because turkey is missing their starting goalkeeper.

fr33k1ck
Veteran Member

want Turkey to win cuz they have Kazim Kazim. I hope Turkey will be the Greece of this year.

Croatianblood1
Veteran Member

Croatia better win today or I'm going to throw my tv out the window.

chicagofirefan
Veteran Member

Kakasgotskillz wrote:lol how many live updates have you given us so far chicagofirefan?
By live updates i mean I will post goals! thank you

ratherton
Veteran Member

I hope Croatia win about 75-0.

Turkey aren't even European.

ScottyBoy
Veteran Member

chicagofirefan wrote:
Kakasgotskillz wrote:lol how many live updates have you given us so far chicagofirefan?
By live updates i mean I will post goals! thank you
whats the point in that

People who say something cannot be done are often surprised by others doing it.