Sweden vs Spain

Discussion about European club leagues, Champions League and anything in UEFA
casar22
Veteran Member

Well nobody has created the topic yet, so who do you think will win? Torres already scored :D

EDIT: Raul Albiol is going in for Puyol :(

Bienvenido Cristiano Ronaldo!

ScottyBoy
Veteran Member

zlatan injured?????????????

People who say something cannot be done are often surprised by others doing it.

Lefty
Sophomore Member

I'm totally rooting for Sweden... don't ask why. Ibrahimovic's goal was great.

I know, why'd they take Puyol out so soon?

casar22
Veteran Member

Lefty wrote:I'm totally rooting for Sweden... don't ask why. Ibrahimovic's goal was great.
It was Ramos fault. It was a powerful shot though...

EDIT: wtf!!??? why is the ref giving capdevila a yellow card? he didn't give spain the PK in the 1st half ans Sweden has been fouling all the time? f..k u ref
Last edited by casar22 on 14 Jun 2008, 17:10, edited 1 time in total.

Croatianblood1
Veteran Member

Yea Ramos didn't defend Ibrahimovic properly, he never should have went to ground for the tackle. Both teams seemed evenly matched based on the game so far even though Spain were expected to win.

casar22
Veteran Member

Woow! Xavi for Cesc? Hope he changes the game
And Santi Cazorla for Iniesta

EDIT: OMG!!! Almost had it :D

EDIT 2: EVERYONE KNEW THAT WE DESERVED TO WIN!!!! VILLA!!! GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLL :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

mint
EF Drug Baron

good game i think spain played well in the first half great goal for torres, but ibrahimovic answered back for the swedes, i think spain lost it a bit when puyol was taken off due to injury. the second half spain played alright but so did sweden.

one more thing

villa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

casar22
Veteran Member

Sweden didn't do sh*t after Zlatan tied the game. Spain dominated the game and deserved a little bit more and

VIVA ESPAÑA!!!

mint
EF Drug Baron

did u guys see sergio ramos dive in the first half, it was a very obvious dive.
i was made to ignite

Hugh
Veteran Member

Croatianblood1 wrote:Yea Ramos didn't defend Ibrahimovic properly, he never should have went to ground for the tackle. Both teams seemed evenly matched based on the game so far even though Spain were expected to win.
Actually if you look at the replay he didn't mean to go to ground, he put in a poke check when ibrahimovic got the ball but he over extended and then ibrahimovic's move pushed him over, so he fell on the ground, then he tried to move over and get a block on it while he was on the ground but he wasn't close enough.

Croatianblood1
Veteran Member

Hugh wrote:
Croatianblood1 wrote:Yea Ramos didn't defend Ibrahimovic properly, he never should have went to ground for the tackle. Both teams seemed evenly matched based on the game so far even though Spain were expected to win.
Actually if you look at the replay he didn't mean to go to ground, he put in a poke check when ibrahimovic got the ball but he over extended and then ibrahimovic's move pushed him over, so he fell on the ground, then he tried to move over and get a block on it while he was on the ground but he wasn't close enough.
Oh I didn't see it but still, Ramos should have done better. Nice finish from Ibrahimovic though. Villa came up huge for Spain in the end. He has really been the best player of the tournament IMO, he has been scoring alot and he really came up big for his side today.

messi19
Veteran Member

What was Mellberg and Hansen doing when Villa scored?!?!? great goal by Villa, I think he will finish top scorer. VIVA ESPANA!!!!!

I WRITE EVERYTHING FROM MY iPOD TOUCH!

Lefty
Sophomore Member

I still don't get why the ref didn't call a penalty in the first half - it would have been a PK. Not that I wanted Spain to win or anything, but it was pretty obvious the Swedish player (can't remember who) wasn't going strictly for the ball.

casar22
Veteran Member

Lefty wrote:I still don't get why the ref didn't call a penalty in the first half - it would have been a PK. Not that I wanted Spain to win or anything, but it was pretty obvious the Swedish player (can't remember who) wasn't going strictly for the ball.
Elmander, and yea fu(k the ref that was clearly a PK

fir_nev
Sgt. I can't get enough of Asian chicks

I think the ref was biased for not giving the penalty. It clearly was a foul because the defender was NOT going for the ball. Torres did a good job not allowing his team-mates to continue arguing with the ref.

Out of the three goals, Villa's was top class. The goal was scored practically out of nothing. When the clearance was made, I did not think of anything until Villa beating two defenders.

Zlatan did well blocking Ramos' leg from touching the ball.

Fabregas' introduction changed the gameplay for the Spaniards.