Discussion about European club leagues, Champions League and anything in UEFA

Who will win?

Czech Republic
17%
Portugal
83%

Total votes: 12

muifalusi

hey, quick question, this may sound dumb but do 2 teams from each group move on?

soccer11
Admin

muifalusi wrote:hey, quick question, this may sound dumb but do 2 teams from each group move on?
yep the top two teams move on

muifalusi

oh thank god, i thought my life was over. Czech better beat turkey in the next match

on the other hand, the game should have been a tie. czech had a ton of chances in the first half.

soccer11
Admin

muifalusi wrote:oh thank god, i thought my life was over. Czech better beat turkey in the next match

on the other hand, the game should have been a tie. czech had a ton of chances in the first half.
yea i think they do. czech and turkey have the same goal differential so a tie would do no good. someone needs to win,

shahensha
Veteran Member

People are applauding Cronaldo but it is clear that Deco runs the portuguese attack. Without him Portugal could not have come close to scoring any of the goals.

In the first game it was his pass to pepe after which pepe played his one two with nuno gomes to score the goal.

This game he had a hand in all three goals. Well so did Cronaldo but I am not taking any credit away from either of them.

ForzaMilan
Veteran Member

I don't think it is so much Deco, but the Deco-Ronaldo partnership, that is so succesfull.

gnarlyjim
EF Mountie

I definitely that the reason that Portugal have such a good attack is both because of Deco and Ronaldo. Deco with the play making ability. Passes etc. Ronaldo provides a sheer goal scoring ability, although he is also quite a play maker. I think its having two amazing players that really adds something to their attack.

Whoops.. sorry.

shahensha
Veteran Member

Exactly what I am trying to say. Deco begins the play and Cronaldo ends its. They have the connection Portugal can definitely thrive on. In the first game Deco had amazing chips right to Cronaldo's feet out of nowhere. Shifting the point of attack to create something. If you provide Deco with a dynamic forward, he will flourish. Throughout his career, he has only scored a handful of goals. Like a true playmaker, always created the play never finished.

After scoring 46 goals in all competitions at end of the year, its quite obvious Cronaldo has a pure finishing quality. A finisher always needs a playmaker and vice versa, a playmaker always needs a finisher.

Even when Deco played for Barcelona he made the most ridiculous passes right to a player with finishing ability. Some through the defence, even some right over the defenders.

Hell even during the freekick today they were planning to execute a sneaky play by the ball, until Simao pick up the ball to show intent of taking the kick upon which Deco walked away with a disgruntled demeanour and then we saw the debacle of Simao wasting a brilliant oppurtunity. Dont worry Deco got to take a freekick later in the game, which lead to the third goal, when Cronaldo generously gifted the goal to Quaresma instead of scoring himself.

Considering the immense amount of talent in this partnership, it is clear why Portugal is looking very dominant in the Euro.

Thats all what I am trying to say. I never really meant to pick for any arguments about who is better and whos not. I dont really hate or love Cronaldo. In fact I dont really give a sh*t what he does as long he shows entertaining football. My bad man. Guess I had to elaborate it more clearly.

unknown

i def agree with u in a sense. deco is more of the "playmaker". cronaldo is not what i consider a "playmaker" he just seems like it because of the traditional role that comes with his position which is to bring the ball forward on the wing

i disagree though that cronaldo has "pure finishing quality" because i consider that to mean a player who can capitalize when there is an opportunity there and create one when there isn't. his shot-goal percentage tells me doesn't have a "pure finishing quality" but the 46 goals shows that he can finish.

ForzaMilan
Veteran Member

shahensha wrote:Thats all what I am trying to say. I never really meant to pick for any arguments about who is better and whos not. I dont really hate or love Cronaldo. In fact I dont really give a sh*t what he does as long he shows entertaining football. My bad man. Guess I had to elaborate it more clearly.
If you're talking to me(which I dont think you are)I wasn't argueing with you. :D

shahensha
Veteran Member

lol glad thats cleared up.

bsc
Veteran Member

LOL i'm gonna start calling CR7 cronaldo, pronounced Crow-Naldo (it could be his new thing!)
Image Image
And the dreams that you dare to dream, really do come true