How have you chosen your favorite club?

Discussion about European club leagues, Champions League and anything in UEFA
Lopez

How have you chosen your favorite club?

Post by Lopez » 31 Jan 2005, 20:03

I love italy more than anything else and especially Milan. Both clubs had such a big influence on me when i was young. All this great players like Baggio or Van Basten played so perfect. And of course because they're traditional clubs and don't have such a bulls**t like mascots or any stuff like that. I just love traditional soccer and especially the milan derby, just a classic which is always entertaining =)
"There're always people who tell you that you won't make it. That's really hard. But something in me said that i'm gonna make it. It was a dream i had to fulfill." - Kaká

madridfc
Veteran Member

Post by madridfc » 06 Feb 2005, 20:59

personally, my reason for liking madrid is pretty stupid actually. late '02 was when i really got into soccer i think so i got fifa world cup for xmas and i started playing with madrid and then i realized that they were good, and that r carlos was really good too (except that i played him at striker) so madrid became my favorite team and carlos my favorite player

naturally, i thought beckham was good looking, so i liked england and manchester united but then i started watching more soccer and hearing mmore about him and realizing that hes not all that phenomenal, although, hes not at all a bad player.

while i liked madrid, i also liked l'pool a little, kinda because of michael owen, but then he went to madrid and i started liking liverpool more (i have no idea why, it just happened). so anyway, my favorite clubs are lpool and real madrid, fave countries brazil and england (however, not because of beckham anymore).

also, man u is a lot of fun to watch but one time they beat liverpool in a relaly good game and i got pretty pissed off actually, so now i don't really support them, just like watching them.
olé

"I wouldn't say i was the best manager in the business, i was in the top one."

rp

Post by rp » 11 Feb 2005, 09:57

i have been brought up a leeds united fan and will stay that but i love top football more than anything and want leeds back in premier

captain_mostafa

Post by captain_mostafa » 11 Feb 2005, 14:10

I lke Mancheser united Barcilona real madird, AS Roma ans spurs. they r all my favorite teams because they have a lot of excellent players and also i like theere jersy. :lol:

J
Admin

Post by J » 11 Feb 2005, 20:43

I know this probably wont sound to exciting to anybody, but my favorite team is the new england Revolution from Major League Soccer. I went to the first home game the Revolution ever had and ever since then ive been a huge fan. I love seeing proffesinal football working in the United States. I used to play goalie when i was younger and i would love going to see Walter Zenga play for the Revoluion, when he went to the team, at the end of his career. Seeing proffesional football being played close to home with people i can relate to is very inspirational.

Post by Guest » 23 Mar 2005, 19:36

How can you like Barcelona and Real Madrid? That's the biggest rivalry in the world.

I like Arsenal. (When everyone's healthy) They are a completely solid team in every position. Also, they don't buy everyone when they're hot like other big money clubs (Henry and Reyes cost 10.5 million pounds each, unlike Drogba, who cost 24 million pounds, and Henry scores twice the goals as Drogba.) They also play fast, attacking football that is fun to watch.

Barcalona and Lyon are other teams I like.

erivera

Post by erivera » 23 Mar 2005, 19:44

EPL- Manchester United
La Liga- Real Madrid
Il Calcio- AC Milan
SPL- Glasco Rangers
MLS- DC United
Campeanato Paulista- Santos
Portuguese Superliga- Porto
France- Marseilles
G.Bundesliga- Bayern Munich
Holland- PSV Eindhoven

I think thats about it......
any objections?

HJK

Post by HJK » 23 Mar 2005, 22:42

AC Milan is my favorite team because they are just fun to watch , they dont attack as much as real madrid or barcelona or even english clubs i appreciate how Milan can control the ball and suffocate other teams with their defense
also they have players like shevchenko, Kaka, pirlo, Maldini

Maradona
Veteran Member

Post by Maradona » 23 Mar 2005, 23:19

They communicate well, nice team work. They know how and when to pass and their squad has great reserves subs and players. That's how and why I chose AC Milan!

Forza Milan
The rules of soccer are very simple, basically it is this: if it moves, kick it. If it doesn’t move, kick it until it does.

af2266

Post by af2266 » 23 Mar 2005, 23:21

i like them becaus the way they play.

cfrealmadrid
Veteran Member

Post by cfrealmadrid » 24 Mar 2005, 05:04

erivera wrote:EPL- Manchester United
La Liga- Real Madrid
Il Calcio- AC Milan
SPL- Glasco Rangers
MLS- DC United
Campeanato Paulista- Santos
Portuguese Superliga- Porto
France- Marseilles
G.Bundesliga- Bayern Munich
Holland- PSV Eindhoven

I think thats about it......
any objections?
you can't like real and bayern! :D
Hala Galacticos

cHaVa
Veteran Member

Post by cHaVa » 25 Mar 2005, 05:45

Cruz Azul is my favorite team!

cfrealmadrid
Veteran Member

Post by cfrealmadrid » 25 Mar 2005, 06:06

i guess i'll do the same as erivera did.

epl - chelsea
la liga - real madrid
serie a - inter milan
french lique - lyon
bundesliga - beyer leverkusen
eredivisie - psv
mls - real salt lake
spl - rangers
portuguese superliga - sporting cp
Hala Galacticos

soccer11
Admin

Post by soccer11 » 25 Mar 2005, 21:34

I also have more than one favorite, i'll name them in order

1:Real Madrid
2:Manchester united
3:LA Galaxy (Cobi Jones)
4:Barcelona (only because of Ronaldinho)
5:Juventus
6:Inter Milan
7:Arsenal
8:Guadalajara Chivas
9:AC Milan
10:Roma

cfrealmadrid
Veteran Member

Post by cfrealmadrid » 26 Mar 2005, 02:01

you like real AND barca? and milan AND inter? kind of unusual
Hala Galacticos