My artwork

Signatures, avatars, web graphics and user-created art
Francis

My artwork

Post by Francis »

this is freehand drawing of Ronaldo which took me about 5 weeks to get just right. how do you guys like it?Image

I got some other stuff if you want me to post it!
Last edited by Francis on 27 Jan 2007, 01:55, edited 3 times in total.
gnarlyjim
EF Mountie

Post by gnarlyjim »

That's really cool. I liked comparing your drawings to your avatar. Please post more. I can't give you the point of view of an artist, as I couldn't draw something if my life depended on it. :P
Francis

Post by Francis »

I have more drawings but the problem is that they are color. there is a lamp next to my computer so they show yellowish instead of bright. I also have a landscape watercolor but i have to post it in the morning so there is no yellowish-ness due to the lamp.
This one I did of motorcycles. this is called pop art. i used six colors for all six painting.

Last edited by Francis on 27 Jan 2007, 01:04, edited 1 time in total.
expert
Site Admin

Re: My artwork

Post by expert »

Not bad, not bad. From your C.Ronaldo drawing, I can tell you like shading and drawing a lot of detail. You should, however, step back and focus on the large-scale forms. Look at the eyes, for example, they are not well aligned. This happens when you are drawing in sections, that is, you are working on one part of the drawing at a time. You should always start from large forms to small.
There's a couple of tips for you, I don't mean to be negative and please, show us more of your stuff. :)

PS. Not trying to sound like a know-it-all but I do have a BA in art, currently working on a masters (not in art). I don't have time to paint or draw anymore, but you can check out some of my old masterpieces here: [ edit: dead links :( ]
mufc21
Veteran Member

Post by mufc21 »

wow you are a real talent. Keep it up because there arent too many people as good as you. Good shading and whoever sees ronaldo next will kindly give it to him im sure and get it signed. You deserve it at least.
gnarlyjim
EF Mountie

Post by gnarlyjim »

Again, very cool. Sorry I can't give advice though, after all, we have Expert here for that :P . Expert, should should DEFINITELY try to keep painting... those are amazing, and you used live models? Bonus. Haha... anyway, I really liked After Caravaggio 1. Nice stuff all around. Where'd you get your BA from?
Francis

Post by Francis »

that ronaldo drawing was one of my first drawings. i never really thought about drawing until high school because this is when you have more resources to use and apply yourself to art. I have a few others but like I said i have to post it in the morning. and about the alignment on the eyes, i was looking at a ronaldo pic. while drawing it, and his eyes are sort of weird. This is the pic. i looked off of:
you can see how his eyes are sort of off. (a little)

Francis

Post by Francis »

expert told me to:
decrease the width of the bridge of the nose which i did:Image

Also you told me to sharpen his jaw and cheekbones and narrow his face and to increase the height of the hairline:
is this better and what still needs work?Image
thanks and hope you guys like it!
iwannagopro
EF Flying Dutchman

Post by iwannagopro »

Ok looking... really if you notice, he has less of a square face, and more of a rectangle. His face is long. Oh yea and Expert, nice artwork. If they were bigger I would critique it. My mum owns an art gallery, and I help critique her work when she paints, so I'm pretty good at it if I do say so myself.
Francis

Post by Francis »

I get what your saying. i have to narrow his face so i have to remove his ears and bring the rest of his head closer in so it is narrower. I will fix that and post in sometime in the next week.

this a neocolor painting. neocolors are like cratons but you mix the with water, so its sort of like watercolor.

mufc21
Veteran Member

Post by mufc21 »

really nice man really nice. Just be careful you dont mess up the ronaldo one by fixing it up so much because remeber you can hit edit, undo. Great work though and keep it up.
expert
Site Admin

Post by expert »

Your revisions look closer to the photograph although his jaw is a little too steep. Otherwise, it looks good.

Also, I really like that last painting of yours. Great use of color there, I'm impressed.
Francis8
Veteran Member

Post by Francis8 »

This is a freehand of good 'ol JC. lol, I used a thick cardboard paper. Its JC on the cross (obviously).I used 2H, 2B, and HB pencil shades. click on the pics to get a larger, more detailed view.

Overall View.

Shows the pain and anguish, i guess lol. The whole drawing took.......around 4 hours and a little more to get right.
this shows his nailed down hand, with the blood seeping out a little.

Francis8
Veteran Member

Post by Francis8 »

no body likes it? come on guys, replies appreciated. help on improving it, anything need be added?
Francis8
Veteran Member

Post by Francis8 »

o come on. a bunch of views and still nothin...