This is how you make a banner in paint also works for icons:
1. Open the Window's Paint Program (Go to the Start menu, then click Programs,
then click Accesories, then click on Paint)
2. To start out with a background color, click the bucket button, pick a color on the bottom toolbar, and then click click on the white space
3. To type text, click on the black A, and drag out a big square.
4. If the toolbar doesnt show up, go to "View", then Text Toolbar to pick the font and type you want.
5. Type it out, and choose the color by clicking on the color you want on the bottom toolbar.
6. You can decorate it with different things by using the paint button or spray buttons.
7. You can also add in pictures you have saved, by clicking "Edit" then "Paste From", and find it in your files.
8. When your all done, move the picture to the upper left hand corner, so there is no extra white space (which would be saved along with your picture). Use the Top, Right button to make a square around the whole picture, and drag it to the top left.
9. Move the little black dots on the outline of the white space right around the banner, to reduce excess space.
10. Go to "File", then "Save" and save it in your files.
11. Upload it to your server ( Learn how here)
11. Use the picture/graphic code from the Basics Section.
Those who race towards death
Those who wait
Those who worry