Had2bHarrys Sigs

Signatures, avatars, web graphics and user-created art
Had2bHarry
Veteran Member

Had2bHarrys Sigs

Post by Had2bHarry » 02 Feb 2008, 11:18

OK, Ive recently started making sigs. (I suppose this is gonna be my little sig thread) Ive got GIMP, but I dont fully understand how to use it, so I use Gimp to add effects, and paint to add writing and borders. Any way Im unsure about text.

OK, firstly I need help with this sig I made of Lucas Neill. This is the 2nd sig Ive made and I was gonna enter it in next weeks sotw but ah well.
I made it by using gimp to make it black and white and then I just added text and borders with paint.

Or is it better without the info from wikipedia

Also I need some help with this sig of Steven Gerrard (3rd sig). I did all the effects and Im happy with it, but Im unsure about where to write his name and what colours to make it. Im completely lost.

Any help would be apprieciated.
Sig by me

Wanderer
Veteran Member

Post by Wanderer » 02 Feb 2008, 12:54

Guess you could put the name in the free space (like your Kewell sig). As for the colours, well, you could use a mix of colours that are relevant to the player. And that represent the theme of the sig. Background could also use stuff that are relevant to the player.

I think simpler wud b nicer, like the L.Neill one, that's quite a lot of words which I think takes the colour off the main sig. Try not to make it black and white, looks a bit like Newcastle.

Like for the Gerrard one, maybe a pic of Liverbird and a "Stevie G" in red could b used to contrast the "grey skies" background. Also, I dunno whether you're tryin to create that "fast" effect, but it looks a bit too blurred.

Jz givin me two cents neway. Diff ppl hav diff styles, so yeah, jz use ya imagination.

Btw, are you a Liverpool fan?

Had2bHarry
Veteran Member

Post by Had2bHarry » 02 Feb 2008, 12:58

Yeah, I think I might just leave the Lucas Neill sig without the extra text, and write Steven Gerrards name in the same place as my Kewell sig.
And yes Im a mad Liverpool fan.
Sig by me

ForzaMilan
Veteran Member

Post by ForzaMilan » 02 Feb 2008, 23:57

Had2bHarry wrote:And yes Im a mad Liverpool fan.
Then whats with the avatar? :)

I agree that the Lucas Niell sig looks better without the text, and I also think it would look better if maybe only his jersey was in color.

Had2bHarry
Veteran Member

Post by Had2bHarry » 02 Feb 2008, 23:58

OK heres my finished Gerrard sig.

I dont know why I like that avatar, for some reason it apepals to me because winning isnt everything.
EDIT: its a good idea to make just his jersey coloured but i dont know how
Sig by me

Had2bHarry
Veteran Member

Post by Had2bHarry » 03 Feb 2008, 00:48

Heres a sig of alex brosque I made just now. Im still gonna expeiment with different effects. This is just the first experiments of sig.
Sig by me

2brown347
Veteran Member

Post by 2brown347 » 03 Feb 2008, 00:51

Had2bHarry wrote:Heres a sig of alex brosque I made just now. Im still gonna expeiment with different effects. This is just the first experiments of sig.
Nice here is a site with a lot of tutorials for Gimp that should help.http://www.gimptalk.com/

keller8
Veteran Member

Post by keller8 » 04 Feb 2008, 06:26

Sure 2brown347. Go ahead and steal my awesome website link. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR! lol
Mattsta-"There would be no point in freestyle if we knew all the tricks from the start. The fact that we had to practise to get them pays off because in the end we have earnt it."

2brown347
Veteran Member

Post by 2brown347 » 04 Feb 2008, 14:59

Damn you caught me :evil: , maybe if you would have posted quicker this wouldn't of happened. Thank you Keller for the website link in the first place.Not Really :P

Had2bHarry
Veteran Member

Post by Had2bHarry » 14 Feb 2008, 09:52

Alright, I dont like the jets, but I love Joel Griffiths so heres something I made while enjoying my sweet day off.

Im pround of it (my 5th sig i think) but you all have your own opinions.
Sig by me

redrover365
Veteran Member

Post by redrover365 » 14 Feb 2008, 10:42

Had2bHarry wrote:Alright, I dont like the jets, but I love Joel Griffiths so heres something I made while enjoying my sweet day off.

these are pretty good. I thought about getting GIMP, but i just make mine with omnigraffle (a program on my Mac), my first official sig ever is the one as my default signature, i spent about 5 mins making it :D , but i love it just the same as if id spent the whole day making it (although if i did it would really be that impressive now would it? :) )

If you believe IWGP's dog should not die of leukemia, then show him your support!

Clumsylegs
Veteran Member

Post by Clumsylegs » 14 Feb 2008, 14:08

Had2bHarry wrote:Alright, I dont like the jets, but I love Joel Griffiths so heres something I made while enjoying my sweet day off.

I really like the color of the font, it goes nicely with their jersey.

But be more accurate with the lasso-tool.

keller8
Veteran Member

Post by keller8 » 15 Feb 2008, 05:39

Had2bHarry wrote: Image
WOW! Thats an amazing sig. Thats much better than alot of my sigs that I have made in GIMP.You just have to work on cutting the render(player) out more. Then blend him. Look at my Becks sig. See how on the left side of him its sorta seethrough? Thats blending. Heres a tutorial. http://www.gimptalk.com/forum/topic/Ble ... 368-1.html

Also, when cutting, ZOOM IN! I cannot stress how important that is. When you do, its much easier to see the outline of the player and you can get a clean cut. Then Blend it in.

Once again, well done! Thats amazing.
Mattsta-"There would be no point in freestyle if we knew all the tricks from the start. The fact that we had to practise to get them pays off because in the end we have earnt it."

Had2bHarry
Veteran Member

Post by Had2bHarry » 15 Feb 2008, 06:51

keller8 wrote:
Had2bHarry wrote: Image
WOW! Thats an amazing sig. Thats much better than alot of my sigs that I have made in GIMP.You just have to work on cutting the render(player) out more. Then blend him. Look at my Becks sig. See how on the left side of him its sorta seethrough? Thats blending. Heres a tutorial. http://www.gimptalk.com/forum/topic/Ble ... 368-1.html

Also, when cutting, ZOOM IN! I cannot stress how important that is. When you do, its much easier to see the outline of the player and you can get a clean cut. Then Blend it in.

Once again, well done! Thats amazing.
Thanks Keller, i had trouble cutting it (i didnt have a mousepad and my hands were a bit shaky so it was a bit wonky). But yeah thanks for the tips! :D
Sig by me

fir_nev
Sgt. I can't get enough of Asian chicks

Post by fir_nev » 15 Feb 2008, 06:57

Is there anyway GIMP can do Quick Mask like PS so we can paint our selected area over to bring it to the new layer we work on? I have not installed GIMP, I work with PS 7.0. Going to install CS3 soon.