Tryouts for youth league in Australia

Tell us about the league you playing in, tryouts, etc
truesocceroo
Veteran Member

Tryouts for youth league in Australia

Post by truesocceroo » 07 Jul 2007, 10:14

Hi i know there are Australians on this site and some who probably play or have played in youth, super youth or premier youth teams, and i would like to know about trials. I have played club for a long time and we have had big wins all season, and i have improved alot. I know people who play in super youth and premier youth and i think with some more fitness training i will be good enough. I have been looking around internet for trial dates and so on but there is hardly anything. My friend trialled for premier league but i didnt know about and missed it. I want to trial for youth or super youth so does anyone know anything about how to get trials? Please help me because this is the only way i can go anywhere in football, and i think playing in one of those teams would be the best thing in my life.

EnSoUl
Veteran Member

Post by EnSoUl » 07 Jul 2007, 22:52

I thought that to get into premier youth league, premier, whatever, it was just lke ytrialing for a division 1 team since it was club, may I ask what part of Australia are you from?
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime - Chinese Proverb

iwannagopro
EF Flying Dutchman

Post by iwannagopro » 08 Jul 2007, 02:18

All you have to do is walk out on to the field to get trials for those teams. If you missed tryouts then call the coach and he will be more than happy to to invite you to a training with the team to see what you can do.

truesocceroo
Veteran Member

Post by truesocceroo » 08 Jul 2007, 13:00

I know a few people in the league and i have asked them before but they have not helped much, i have a cousin who plays in it so i might ask him again. By the way im from the inner west suburbs of Sydney

belija91
Veteran Member

Post by belija91 » 13 Jul 2007, 16:33

I'm also from the inner west suburbs, I'm from Blacktown. At the moment I play for Prospect United State League team. But I'm injured lol. Since you want to play in super youth in guessing your young, 14-15? Don't stress on it super youth is easy and from what I've seen it's not much more than club Div 1. Just go and trial and hopefully you'll make it. Go to one of the games of the club and ask someone from the club about when trials are on I'm pretty sure you'll be allowed to trial. By the way, which team/s are you trialing for?
What the mind of man can conceive and believe, it can achieve

truesocceroo
Veteran Member

Post by truesocceroo » 27 Jul 2007, 11:59

sorry bout late reply, i was sort of looking around for teams, i dont know that many. I suppose Canterburry Bankstown if they have a team in superyouth, i dont really know

truesocceroo
Veteran Member

Post by truesocceroo » 09 Sep 2007, 11:37

pretty lame of me to reply to my own post on my own topic but its been a while since i posted this, anyone know about any trials or anything, i know most seasons have finished now and i really want to trial and move club. I might sound heaps desperate and believe me i am

junr_socceroo
New User

Post by junr_socceroo » 26 Sep 2007, 07:41

yeah truesocceroo all you have to do is go to footballnsw.com and find your and it will have the trial dates for you. with regards to trials all you have to do is show up register and play!!!!! also you are allowed to trial for more than just one club. i currently play for APIA but am going to trial around at other clubs such as sydney olympic and fraser park.
good luck!!

truesocceroo
Veteran Member

Post by truesocceroo » 27 Sep 2007, 08:17

lol thanks for that i just found out from this guy at school about the website a while ago but thanks for caring, most people avoided the topic. So you play premier league for APIA? tell me what are the trials like and what they are looking for etc, i would like to know all i can :D

junr_socceroo
New User

Post by junr_socceroo » 27 Sep 2007, 21:29

when trialing for premier league one thing that i am pretty sure that they all clubs look out for is work ethic. eg if you lose the ball in your attacking third instead of just throwing your arms up and expecting the defence to get it back, they will want you to get back and get the ball, even if you have no hope at all of getting the ball back the expect you to track back. another thing that they would like is for you to be two footed.

truesocceroo
Veteran Member

Post by truesocceroo » 04 Oct 2007, 06:17

yeh i am 2 footed passer but i cant shoot great with my right, im always working on it. Im also wondering im not unfit but not super fit, like the premier league players i know are also like state level long distance runners, they said u need to be really fit, but i also know a guy who says they pick players even if they arent super fit because they can become fit enough, what do you think of this from your experience?

keller8
Veteran Member

Post by keller8 » 04 Oct 2007, 06:27

Nope. Not true. They only pick the fittest and most skilled players.
Mattsta-"There would be no point in freestyle if we knew all the tricks from the start. The fact that we had to practise to get them pays off because in the end we have earnt it."

junr_socceroo
New User

Post by junr_socceroo » 26 Oct 2007, 10:56

hey truesocceroo, sozz that i havent replied (i have been on holidays). anyways i was wonderin how your going or how went at your trials. i recently finished my trials and signed for sutherland :wink:

truesocceroo
Veteran Member

Post by truesocceroo » 26 Oct 2007, 14:32

congrats on signing for sutherland, i tried for dulwich hill and didnt make it, but i may trial again later if there are any trials on in the next couple weeks, i went to the site and there are a few i will check out, im tryin to stay positive

udinese20

tryouts

Post by udinese20 » 25 Oct 2008, 12:42

always have lots of options.
dont just go and trial for one team.. trial for a few.
Also, try and find a team with a really good coach, dont just join a club because of their rep. But anyway.. my opinion would be Olympic :)