My Club To Be

Tell us about the league you playing in, tryouts, etc
iwannagopro
EF Flying Dutchman

My Club To Be

Post by iwannagopro » 13 Jun 2007, 05:15

Hello, my forum friends. I invite you all to aid me on my quest. My quest to choose which Dutch Club I should try out for. I will be going next year second semester, or possibly two years from now first semester, and I would like to plan out exactly where I am going, so I can get a headstart, and figure out their playing tactics and such. In this thread I do not want any sh*t saying I am not ready and that the level is much higher there. I just want a question answered.

Also, more information to aid you. I would like a club that is in a smaller city, preferably smaller than 120,000 (and that would be the biggest club). I do not want to try out for Ajax, or any of the top three clubs (also rule out AZ), as I cannot try out for them, since you must be scouted, and anyway I wouldn't make it. Also the city shouldn't be waay up north, where it is fecking cold and I don't want to spend a whole 5 months freezing my ass off. Somewhere southern or in the middle of the country, unless one of the clubs up north seems really good.

So put your heads together, and figure out which club is the most appealing and has the nicest city to live in. Use this for reference. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eredivisie

Ready,steady,GO!

rzadzinski
Poland Spring Rzadzinski

Post by rzadzinski » 13 Jun 2007, 05:19

Sweden! :lol:

Come on, it doesn't even get that cold in any part of the Netherlands. :P Heck, if it's a good club that wants you to play for them, don't turn them down! :D

So I'm guessing FC Groningen isn't you most wanted team? :P

Just remember, keep your options open. :wink:

BTW, this is very cool, and good luck man!
"I wear tinted visor not to trick other players, but so hot girls in stands don't see me looking at them."

-Alexander Ovechkin

Zlatan5
Veteran Member

Post by Zlatan5 » 13 Jun 2007, 05:21

I'd say F.C. Twente. By the looks of the city it seems really peaceful, it's like a small and more private city.

rzadzinski
Poland Spring Rzadzinski

Post by rzadzinski » 13 Jun 2007, 05:24

By the looks of it, the Rotterdam area is abundant with good clubs and if you could get some trials with a few of them you never know!

For example SBV Excelsior, in Rotterdam looks inviting by this comment:

Excelsior used to be a satellite club of Feyenoord, where Excelsior received money and players (either on loan or free transfer) from Feyenoord. That system ended in 2006. Now there is just a little co-operation in the youth level. Excelsior's home stadium is the Stadion Woudestein, which has a capacity of about 3,527.

Just my opinion, since I haven't heard of too many more clubs anyways.
"I wear tinted visor not to trick other players, but so hot girls in stands don't see me looking at them."

-Alexander Ovechkin

iwannagopro
EF Flying Dutchman

Post by iwannagopro » 13 Jun 2007, 05:25

Zlatan5 wrote:I'd say F.C. Twente. By the looks of the city it seems really peaceful, it's like a small and more private city.
Yea... I've been keeping that on my top picks.

Also Rzad... yes that most definitely rules out Gronigen. My dad said that it is freezing, and the people there aren't that interesting :lol:

iwannagopro
EF Flying Dutchman

Post by iwannagopro » 13 Jun 2007, 05:26

rzadzinski wrote:By the looks of it, the Rotterdam area is abundant with good clubs and if you could get some trials with a few of them you never know!

Excelsior used to be a satellite club of Feyenoord, where Excelsior received money and players (either on loan or free transfer) from Feyenoord. That system ended in 2006. Now there is just a little co-operation in the youth level. Excelsior's home stadium is the Stadion Woudestein, which has a capacity of about 3,527.

I would... but my dad would never forgive me. Amsterdam and Rotterdam are fierce fierce rivals. Especially Feyenoord. I can't do it, I would feel like I was turning my back on Ajax completely.

Edit:
Oh crap double post, really sorry guys. Please forgive me :cry:

rzadzinski
Poland Spring Rzadzinski

Post by rzadzinski » 13 Jun 2007, 05:28

But if you want a smaller city, then I'm sure there's a bunch of places as well. Maybe even look at league 2 teams? Maybe some of the top league 2 teams? You never know, they could be good as well. :wink:

I understand your predicament, and hopefully you'll make the right choice.

-Alexander Ovechkin

mpcarres14
Veteran Member

Post by mpcarres14 » 13 Jun 2007, 05:32

rzadzinski wrote:By the looks of it, the Rotterdam area is abundant with good clubs and if you could get some trials with a few of them you never know!

Yeah, I know that van Persie got scouted by Feyenoord through Excelsior. But good luck Connor. I'm in a bit of a similar situation myself. As you may know, I went down to Argentina last year where I met a friend of my coach who runs a soccer school down there. The thing is though that he is a River Plate ex-player and physio, so I'm hoping he can hook me up with some sort of a trial the next time I go down there. But anyway, this thread isn't about me, it's about you. Keep me posted on what happens.

God damn brewery!!!

iwannagopro
EF Flying Dutchman

Post by iwannagopro » 13 Jun 2007, 05:38

Thanks for the info, and sounds cool with the trial. I still really want to talk to you on IM sometime... anytime you get the chance, and since summer is coming up... just pm me.

Also don't take what I said in 'The shambolic nature of la Liga' thread, I just had to stand up for my poor Catalan friends. Otherwise I agreed with you.

But thanks for the support, hope to see you around.

ballackfan
Veteran Member

Post by ballackfan » 13 Jun 2007, 14:24

I don't know about small private city, Ajax seems like a good choice from the start. Their system of development of youth players create some of the best players in the world, like Bergkamp, Davids, Seedorf, Cruiff, Van Basten, Van der Saar, Koeman, Rijkaard and probably more I couldn't named. Starting small and going big is a good idea, since there are so many young talented players in Ajax youth system it's difficult to even make it on reserve team.

dareliss
Veteran Member

Post by dareliss » 13 Jun 2007, 14:27

i can say one thing it's freezing in europe budy except you go to portugal spain or greece, or africa, in other way you going to freeze -20 celsius at winter time :lol: and spring time +10 maximum and rainy :D so good luck, i came from europe, so i'm telling from my experience except global worming will change somthin other the year :lol:
Impossible Is Nothing. Impossible is the last shot. Impossible is the last game.

Sig by me... :)

ZZizou
Veteran Member

Post by ZZizou » 13 Jun 2007, 14:34

You could try in Belgium maybe the youth player are not so bad here look to the U21,there's AA gent,Anderlecht,Bruges,Beveren(if you play well there you could go to Arsenal),Genk(best youth in Belgium).
Or in NEtherlands you could try for RBC(top 2nd league team)

Flyingmoose
Veteran Member

Post by Flyingmoose » 13 Jun 2007, 14:45

Perhaps Utrecht?

iwannagopro
EF Flying Dutchman

Post by iwannagopro » 13 Jun 2007, 15:16

ballackfan wrote:I don't know about small private city, Ajax seems like a good choice from the start. Their system of development of youth players create some of the best players in the world, like Bergkamp, Davids, Seedorf, Cruiff, Van Basten, Van der Saar, Koeman, Rijkaard and probably more I couldn't named. Starting small and going big is a good idea, since there are so many young talented players in Ajax youth system it's difficult to even make it on reserve team.
The thing is... you have to be scouted for Ajax. I just want to get on an Eredivisie team, because then I could get traded to Ajax if I become good enough. Utrecht is another possibility too. Once I get enough ideas I will make a poll and give information about each city and team.

Also, nah I don't want to go to Belgium.

And I know Europe is cold, I have gone there many times, and I lived in Spain for a year ('cept it is warm there :)). It is just pretty cold and barren in the northern clubs, and that is why I ruled them out.

Real_Zidane
Veteran Member

Post by Real_Zidane » 13 Jun 2007, 15:25

First, i'd like to say I know nothing about the clubs in the netherlands so more than likely my opinion probably wouldn't be as good as some others. ;)
And also good luck on your try-outs whenever they are.