Preparing for football trials

Tell us about the league you playing in, tryouts, etc
The Beautiful Game
New User

Preparing for football trials

Post by The Beautiful Game » 24 May 2005, 14:26

I'm thinking of taking football trials at my local professional football club.
I wanna try out as striker but i'm nervous about what sort of tests and drills etc. they will put me through and what they will be looking for in me.
I think i have a chance as they are not the most fantastic team in the world in fact i would say they are below average but i would still like to see if i can cut it.
If anyone can give me an idea of what people look for in striker or how i can prepare and the obstacles i may face (anything!) ..let us know :(

johnny114life

wanna play striker

Post by johnny114life » 24 May 2005, 15:54

hey when playing striker their going to look for the main thing can u score also what you do off the ball do u free another player to score or do u just stay in one place waiting for a ball and run after it then strike it when playin striker u just need to score or help someone else score. theyll be looking if you can keep the ball or do you just give it up do u have nice shot or u just shoot aimlessly do u use your dribbling skills or use other players to use gags(give and go) just visualize you doing gags and taking on a defender an scoring overall im saying just score or help someone to score

hope you make it

The Beautiful Game
New User

Post by The Beautiful Game » 24 May 2005, 16:14

Cheers man :)

jcdenton
Veteran Member

Post by jcdenton » 24 May 2005, 20:49

what do the scouts look about defenders?

Rosario

Post by Rosario » 24 May 2005, 22:38

at my international trial this week the manager said strikers are judged on goals.goals is 99% of it for strikers.

for defenders he looked for a bit of pace,good passer and user of the ball,good in the air,tackling and by far the most important is reading of the game.this can make up for a lack of pace he said too.

upandcoming

Post by upandcoming » 25 May 2005, 02:05

and to top it off what do you guys think they look for in midfielders, i would say knowledge of the game, speed, skill, control, and shot/if you can send balls

The Beautiful Game
New User

Post by The Beautiful Game » 25 May 2005, 09:43

I agree with what you put for midfielders but i would also add passing and creativity.

Ronaldinho10

Post by Ronaldinho10 » 25 May 2005, 10:31

Hey Rosario what did your international manager say they were looking for in attacking left midfielders
Without doubt.
Credit AC _Milan>* for the sig.

jcdenton
Veteran Member

Post by jcdenton » 25 May 2005, 11:59

Rosario wrote: for defenders he looked for a bit of pace,good passer and user of the ball,good in the air,tackling and by far the most important is reading of the game.this can make up for a lack of pace he said too.
ok, every coach told me that i have good pace, great passing (long passes using both feet), my height tells everything about aerial abilities (190 cm), it is hard to avoid my tackle, and since i have played striker i read the game very well.....
so, send that guy to serbia.....
i am sad because i have found out my defensive abilities just a few months ago... :( now it is not likely that some scout is going to watch my league...

Rosario

Post by Rosario » 25 May 2005, 12:29

ronaldinho10 i am an attacking left midfielder so i can help.he said that pace is an essential[the only position thats its almost compulsory].it can help a lot.crossing and technique are vital also.i think he likes players to take responsibility and shout for the ball as on the wing you can get little of the ball at times.reading and positioning are very important and attitude he said is vital to all players.''if you don't have the right attitude then no matter what you have ability wise i won't pick you'' he said.attitude and technique are most important.he also said to give up other sports to speed up development and practise 7 or 8 hours a week to help passing and first touch especially

johnny114life

praticising 7 - 8 hrs

Post by johnny114life » 25 May 2005, 21:00

i think if you wanna pratice more than 7 to 8 hours a week when i pratice i think if im not there is someone out there that is praticinsing and that is why i am a decent player if just pratice 7 to 8 hrs a week i would never be this good i think after school get a snack probably around 4.00 then stop till 9.00 o clock that 4 hours there if u do that ull get allot better

Rosario

Post by Rosario » 07 Jun 2005, 12:25

7 or 8 hours for techical things i mean.excluding,fitness,sprints,set-pieces etc.everyone plays with their friends and that way you learn a lot.but you must do organised sessions,with good coaches,that work on your first touch and passing.8 hours is a lot for just first touch and passing but it must be done to progress

shahrukh17
New User

How to prepare for trials?

Post by shahrukh17 » 19 Apr 2010, 08:34

Hello people,
i am about to give trials for Pakistan under 16 in June...so could you help me how to train for it? thanks
Shahrukh