Some good news in my soccer career

Tell us about the league you playing in, tryouts, etc
ajc
The Philly Flyer

Some good news in my soccer career

Post by ajc »

I made a semi-pro team :D

I had tryouts tonight and played well, and I've been invited to join a team called the Delco Stars which plays in the PASL (Pro arena soccer league). This is an indoor team consisting of D1 college players and a few professional trainers who have come overseas from Europe (in their mid 20's) looking for a team to play on, and me. At 17 I'm the youngest on the team by 2-3 years. I'm thrilled at this, as it will give me great exposure to college and professional scouts. The PASL is one division below the MISL, which some of you may have seen on TV before.

I already have a few colleges looking at me, and now that I have made this team it seems like I'm getting closer to reaching my goal of playing for a top D1 college team. Then comes the pros :wink:
dareliss
Veteran Member

Post by dareliss »

Nice mate ;) Congratulations, Great Job :) Keep On Going 8)
Impossible Is Nothing. Impossible is the last shot. Impossible is the last game.

Sig by me... :)
iwannagopro
EF Flying Dutchman

Post by iwannagopro »

Yea serious... even though I already said congratulations on MSN, it is still kickin' RAD!!!!
Rulezzz
Veteran Member

Post by Rulezzz »

Congratulations mate! doing that at 17!
CRYSTAL PALACE FC
keller8
"If you don't believe in yourself why should anyone else?" Andrei Shevchencko.
ajc
The Philly Flyer

Post by ajc »

Thanks guys, I appreciate the comments :wink:
gnarlyjim
EF Mountie

Post by gnarlyjim »

Thats awesome! Congrats. Anyway, looks like your career is getting better and better. :)

Good Luck.
rzadzinski
Poland Spring Rzadzinski

Post by rzadzinski »

Wow! Congratulations man!

Make it to the MISL and I will be paying to watch you play against the Edmonton Drillers if they get a team...

Please! I want to that to happen VERY badly!
"I wear tinted visor not to trick other players, but so hot girls in stands don't see me looking at them."

-Alexander Ovechkin
ajc
The Philly Flyer

Post by ajc »

Okay, here's a little follow up:

We had our first game last night, lost 12-6. Personally I played pretty well. I was on the field for all but 5 minutes and contributed 2 assists. The team we played was Maryland United FC. They had one player who is on the DC United U20 team. He scored 8 goals. This is the website for their team if you feel like checking it out: http://www.marylandunitedfc.com/

My team doesn't have an independent website like that at the moment, but our PASL page can be found here:
http://arenaleague.com/teams/6911057/70 ... /TEAM.html
The site is pretty crappy right now but hopefully it will be updated soon.

Maybe some of you guys could come see us play? :) We have a game June 2nd in Rockville, MD, and a game June 16th in Sterling, VA. Anyone in the area?
Norm

Post by Norm »

Congrats and yeah I live in Bethesda, right next to Rockville and I suppose if I have time I would go check it out.
Francis8
Veteran Member

Post by Francis8 »

Sterling, VA......i am about 5 hours away from there. but hey, watch out cause when u play for college, guess wh else is too? uh huh, ye adam i found a club biatch! finally, took forever but finally! AND i found out that the same guys that play at the park also play for the club (u know the adults and stuff)

so ye hope to see u in college. i'm on my way, both in high school and club.

congrats ajc, but still watch out, i'll be there in 2 years, and i'll wreck you. :wink: :)
gnarlyjim
EF Mountie

Post by gnarlyjim »

Way to go, man! I bet that you are pretty excited with the way things are going. Anyway, I doubt I can come to Maryland or Virginia. How close does your team get to Canada? :wink:
mpcarres14
Veteran Member

Post by mpcarres14 »

Well, I have a tryout in Manassas that night so maybe I could get over there. By the way, Dulles Sportsplex is a cool place. I play there occasionally, and it's more or less a hang out for the soccer community. For example, I've seen Marco Etcheverry there playing. But anyway, congrats on making it, I never knew you were this good!
God damn brewery!!!
ajc
The Philly Flyer

Post by ajc »

Thanks guys. :)

Norm that would be really cool if you came out to see us! :D

Mpcarres14, it would really sweet if you could see me play and we could hang out for a little bit. I might stay in town an extra day so that I'm not driving 4 hours back home late at night. If you can't make it to the game then maybe we could at least meet sometime the next day? Oh and is this place anywhere near the beach?
mpcarres14
Veteran Member

Post by mpcarres14 »

Yeah man, that would be tight. I'll need to see what my work schedule is and whether I can borrow my mom's car to drive out to NoVA, but if I can I could definately hook up with you the next day. It kinda sucks that we both have stuff happening on the night of the 16th, as DC United would be playing, but oh well. Also, no, Sterling is nowhere near a beach. I believe that the closest beach to this area is Ocean City in Maryland, but I could be wrong.
God damn brewery!!!
EnSoUl
Veteran Member

Post by EnSoUl »

hey ajc by the way what is your real name ect. so I can look out for you when your playing in europe :wink:
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime - Chinese Proverb