im shocked!

Tell us about the league you playing in, tryouts, etc
bremenALLtheWAY

im shocked!

Post by bremenALLtheWAY » 05 May 2007, 01:57

ok so i am really trying to be a professional soccer player right..

not very many people believe i can make pro as my brother and sister say i have absolute chance..

my sisters boyfriend said that when i came on msn "hey soccer superstar that wont go anywhere"

I finally got clubs saying that they would give me trials and my dad says that i have no chance and that he has no clue how i could of got tho trials with out lyying

My mom doesnt really pay attention..

well this makes me feel i want to show everyong and my dad that i can prove them wrong when i go over in the summer an make a pro team..

Does anyone else deal with this and can give me advice?
thanks andrew

belija91
Veteran Member

Post by belija91 » 05 May 2007, 03:00

Well I will first like to congratulate you for your positive attitude and say that you have all the chance in the world to make it. Most people limit themselves in life, they cannot comprehend being rich or famous or something big therefore they laugh jealously in the face of someone who does. Everyone has the capability to do it but most people don't have the belief like you do. We can have whatever it is we choose it doesn't matter how big it is. There are a lot of people like this who doubt you, but that shouldn't discourage you and I can see you are smart about it. I've been doubted before like most people but it doesn't matter what the doubters think. Always believe in yourself no matter what and all that matters is your mentality. Whether you choose to be affected by doubters or not, it's still your mentality that's determining your future. So remember, no matter what your cicumstances are, YOU CAN MAKE IT
What the mind of man can conceive and believe, it can achieve

jcdenton
Veteran Member

Post by jcdenton » 05 May 2007, 07:53

i've never had support from my father for football...
only financial sometimes, but never practical...
he always wanted me to practice some "noble" sport, such as volleyball, waterpolo or basketball...
i've practiced hard and i've had many successes...
but when he came sometimes to watch my games i've played great, i've scored 2 goals sometimes from defensive role... i've scored 2 goals against our greatest rival and few very important goals when he watched me, but still he said that i played bad...

lack of support was great motivation for me, make it your fuel...

belija91
Veteran Member

Post by belija91 » 05 May 2007, 09:13

My whole family is like that man, they tell me "you don't do anything your lazy, go and study" It's not that I'm bad at school I'm good it's just that they want me to be a professor. My dad understands how much football means to me I've talked to him about it but my mum hates it. My sister discourages me but I think it's because she's jealous and doesn't believe in me because I aim so high.

"i've scored 2 goals against our greatest rival and few very important goals when he watched me, but still he said that i played bad..."

Same thing happens to my friend Denis but he didn't let it get to him and he has left Sydney to go to Red Star Belgrad youth academy.

Like jcdenton said that's exactly how you should be, always strive to acheive and believe in yourself.

jcdenton
Veteran Member

Post by jcdenton » 05 May 2007, 09:35

do you know that they don't let muslims and gypsies in Red Star or Partizan team?
are you sure that he's now in Red Star youth academy?

i have few muslim friends that were kicked out of Partizan/Red Star youth categories...
there was this gypsy (1990 born) kid in my club that was noticed by Partizan scouts, but their coach just said: "I'd be glad to take him if he wasn't muslim gypsy"

also there's a story about Dejan Osmanovic, he's partly gypsy, he was one of the best strikers in Brazil, but he had never played in any bigger Serbian club, just because of that...
how old is your friend?
i'll ask my friends from Red Star....

belija91
Veteran Member

Post by belija91 » 05 May 2007, 09:45

His mum is Serb-Orthodox but his dad is Bosnian-Muslim his name is Denis D. I don't know if he is actually right now in the academy, but that's why he went overseas to go there, so I'm assuming he's in it now.
Last edited by expert on 24 Sep 2015, 06:14, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: name removed

jcdenton
Veteran Member

Post by jcdenton » 05 May 2007, 09:54

belija91 wrote:His mum is Serb-Orthodox but his dad is Bosnian-Muslim his name is Denis D. I don't know if he is actually right now in the academy, but that's why he went overseas to go there, so I'm assuming he's in it now.
for that he needs STRONG and i mean VERY STRONG connections especially if he's your age...
i'll ask one kid from neighborhood about him...

belija91
Veteran Member

Post by belija91 » 05 May 2007, 10:05

Yeh there is a team in Sydney called "Bonnyrigg White Eagles" (Serbian Supported) he played for them and they have connections with Red Star Belgrade. He told me someone from the club is going to get him a trial.

*~El Maestro~*
Veteran Member

Post by *~El Maestro~* » 06 May 2007, 15:55

While we are talking about trials and such. Has anybody done the DC United summer soccer camp at the Elite level. They say that Elite is for people in ODP and such, but has anybody done it?

dareliss
Veteran Member

Post by dareliss » 06 May 2007, 15:57

my friend did everyone can attend it as i now.
Impossible Is Nothing. Impossible is the last shot. Impossible is the last game.

Sig by me... :)

mustahfa14

Post by mustahfa14 » 07 May 2007, 20:37

same situation here:

i was with my counsler and she asked me and 2 other kids what we wanted to do with our lives out of school..The first kid goes, then the next, then to me. I proclaim..a professonal soccer player.She said one of the most hurtful and inspiring things i have ever heard.

"Let's be realistic now, what job or field to you intend on going into?"

Then i replied,"well the only field im going into is the highbury stadium in England!"

That shut her up, and then i now use that as inspiration to prove her wrong.

dareliss
Veteran Member

Post by dareliss » 07 May 2007, 21:55

Nice job mate :D i hate people like what too, whey don't believe in you what you can become someone or some like what my health class teacher was like what, and she was ok guys just be realistic, and write what you want to do after you done with high school, i wrote what i'm planing to play professional soccer, and blablabla. And she said to me do you really believe what anyone like you can become professional and i said yes if you train hard you believe in your self, and all what stuff and she said no it's impossible look how many pros do we have they are talented, and started laughing, and it all happend at soccer academy :lol: can you believe what so i went to principal and i change what class cause what teacher is duma*s... I hate people like them.
Impossible Is Nothing. Impossible is the last shot. Impossible is the last game.

mustahfa14

Post by mustahfa14 » 07 May 2007, 23:15

Dareliss i applaud you and your determination..and yes people say things like that because they know that they couldnt do what they wanted to do, so they put u down too.

Impossible Is Nothing. Impossible is the last shot. Impossible is the last game.(plus i love your quote dareliss) ^^

dareliss
Veteran Member

Post by dareliss » 08 May 2007, 00:01

Thanks mate ;)

ajc
The Philly Flyer

Post by ajc » 08 May 2007, 03:04

mustahfa14 wrote:Dareliss i applaud you and your determination..and yes people say things like that because they know that they couldnt do what they wanted to do, so they put u down too.
Exactly. If a person hasn't acheived such success in their own life, they immediately regard all thoughts of someone else reaching their dreams as unrealistic.

I'd say we're pretty much all in the same boat here. A few months ago my dad asked me what I wanted to do for a career. I paused for a second, about to reply, and he interjected "and don't say soccer." I just smiled and said "we'll see." :)
Click it