52%
no
48%

Total votes: 54

jcdenton
Veteran Member

Dirty tricks

Post by jcdenton » 04 May 2005, 17:13

do you use any dirty tricks while playing? i use some during corners, i catch player's shirt so that he can hardly feel it and wait until he tries to move, that's when i hit him with an elbow, so i have an advantage. players usually call a refree to see that i'm catching them, but that is when i raise hands and bump him with body, many high and strong players can't score while i am keeping them, because of dirty tricks! and if they try to be heroes and hit me with an elbow, they may leave the match earlier without all teeth! the last time some attacker tried to hit me with an elbow, his mouth was full of blood, and noone seen what happened, i just played it cool! well he tried to revenge but he got elbow into chest so his coach substituted him! it all started cause he played it dirty at first!

but i hate when some player catches my shirt while i am running, and i don't catch anyone while he is running, that is just not fair. and if some attacker underestimates my strength and tries to run past me with his elbows raised, he gets down immediately!
AND THE MOST INTERESTING THING IS THAT FOR WHOLE MY LIFE, I HAVE BEEN AWARDED ONLY ONE YELLOW CARD FOR DIRTY PLAY!
so, do you use dirty tricks and why?

Wiseman_philosopher

Post by Wiseman_philosopher » 04 May 2005, 19:26

No i hate people who use dirty tricks. and its far more satisfying to know that I've beaten a player fairly than cheated. Why do you cheat? Is it because you haven't got the skill to beat them?
He who thinks too much about every step he takes will stay on one leg all his life.

jcdenton
Veteran Member

Post by jcdenton » 04 May 2005, 19:50

it is not like video-game cheating! you can see carlos puyol playing dirty all-time! but i use dirty tricks only when jumping because i am too lazy to jump! i have learned many dirty tricks from the man that played against pele and garincha! he told me also the well prepared players don't play dirty, but you can see spain, portugal, england players playing very dirty football!

jordanbajema
New User

Post by jordanbajema » 04 May 2005, 20:22

I play dirty on the ocassion but my dirty playing is more like just playing really rough. But when i do play dirty it is only against other people who are playing dirty against me. I do this partially to protect my self and partially to keep them in check

WhaZ

Post by WhaZ » 04 May 2005, 22:00

Hehe this is a good poll. For me its more of what my opponent does. Cause I play defender sometimes I have to use them. But mostly if my opponent plays "dirty" then I play "dirty". But if opponent plays fair I wouldnt want to do anything "dirty", if he keeps it clean and beats me fair and square then fine he is better than me that time, then I just have to try harder next time. Personally as I am defender I love the most in the game hard one-on-one battles with good skilled opponents, who plays hard but not "dirty". After all football is physicall gane and you have to have some contact play against your opponents, other wise they will run over you.

So for me yes.

Maradona
Veteran Member

Post by Maradona » 04 May 2005, 22:01

I never do dirty tricks except when I play with my friends, we would pull shirts or hold them for fun but in a serious indoor game I never nor my friends play dirty. Sometimes I make simple pokes or shield the ball with my back and the opponents always fall and they even accuse me of playing dirty, maybe it is because of my size. I never charged and injured someone if I remember well, hmmmm.....maybe once but got the ball first and the ref didn't call a foul.
The rules of soccer are very simple, basically it is this: if it moves, kick it. If it doesn’t move, kick it until it does.

expert
Site Admin

Post by expert » 04 May 2005, 22:10

Depends on what I'm playing for. If it's a friendly small-sided game, then no. If it's a competitive match with elimination on the line, then yes, I'm willing to do whatever it takes to win. I never get violent but I know how to distract my opponent from his objective. It's all a part of the game.

jdefoe
Forum groupie

Post by jdefoe » 04 May 2005, 22:15

i agree with the expert. This is one of my classic moves. I call it "cheating with a grin" When you check to recieve the ball, the defender will follow you, so this is what i do: I step backwards, make contact with him, and kind of push him back on his heels, then I keep the contact close, and "push" away with one hand. Since the contact is close, the ref never calls it...but if you push off with 2 hands you will get called. I find it effective. Try it out!

Gmore

Post by Gmore » 04 May 2005, 23:33

I generally only do little things to mess with my marker's mind. For instance, asking him if he's tired, stepping on his foot before going up for a header or checking for the ball, or clapping voraciously when he makes a mistake.
GK – ?
RB – Fir _nev (if he chooses to return from retirement)
CB – jcdenton
LB – Sfspitfire23
RM – goldboots7
CM – dooglas
CM – robben12
LM – Rosario
AM – Gmore
CF – *yung-ital*
CF – Magicfeet

fir_nev
Sgt. I can't get enough of Asian chicks

Post by fir_nev » 05 May 2005, 01:07

I'm too clean for a player. Unless of course, being called for desperate measures. Once, me and my CB sandwiched an AM/F. The guy asked to be substituted.

Fantasista

Post by Fantasista » 05 May 2005, 06:41

no but when my opponent play dirty yeah I do the same a bit to them. But mainly my play dirty is like faking my shoelaces is untie.

Ronaldinho10

Post by Ronaldinho10 » 05 May 2005, 13:08

people that play dirty like jcdenton just do this because they have a lack of skill. Playing dirty is just a form of intimidation and the best players just rise above it never get intimidated and always have the last laugh :D
Without doubt.
Credit AC _Milan>* for the sig.

Wiseman_philosopher

Post by Wiseman_philosopher » 05 May 2005, 15:38

i agree wiv ronaldinho
He who thinks too much about every step he takes will stay on one leg all his life.

Ronaldinho10

Post by Ronaldinho10 » 05 May 2005, 16:53

Cheers wiseman philosopher. :D
Without doubt.
Credit AC _Milan>* for the sig.

Wiseman_philosopher

Post by Wiseman_philosopher » 05 May 2005, 16:55

lol thats partly because we sed exactly the same things.