Expertfootball club

Tell us about the league you playing in, tryouts, etc
Gmore

Expertfootball club

Post by Gmore » 21 Apr 2005, 10:46

Let's make our own team. List your credentials, strengths, weaknesses, where you want to play, etc and you could be chosen (by me) to be on the prestigious Expert FC. And no bribing, this is not ODP. The best players will be chosen. If you aren't very good there are openings in the coaching and cheerleading fields. If you have a lot of money, you can be the owner.

I am 16 years old and play soccer every day. I start as a right winger for my HS. I play for Roanoke Star in the fall and Greensboro Soccer Club in the spring. I can do the elastico quite well and have done 5,000 juggles. Yes, without dropping the ball. In practice a couple of weeks ago I had my back to the goal, put my left foot on the ball, rolled it back, flicked it up with my right, and biked it into the top corner.

Let's have some fun with this. And I don't care if you think this is stupid.

Magicfeet

Post by Magicfeet » 21 Apr 2005, 11:05

I'm a Right/Left winger, who can also play as a 2nd striker.

Strengths
~ Scorching pace
~ Very quick feet
~ Expert at multiple scissors
~ Very good control
~ Great stamina - Can bomb up and down the line all game
~ Left foot pretty good (though nowhere near as good as my right)
~ Can also play left back (no, not in the changing rooms).

Weaknesses
~ Crossing hit and miss
~ Tackling could be better
~ Occasionally lacking in confidence
~ Heading is poor
~ I wear white boots

Fantasista

Post by Fantasista » 21 Apr 2005, 12:47

Strength
-Very quick
-good at technique
-play in mid field
-not bad stamina

Weakness
-Cant kick to hard
-cant juggle the ball
-afraid to head or chest control the ball. and if I do head the ball I always close my eyes
Last edited by Fantasista on 24 Apr 2005, 02:06, edited 1 time in total.

Gmore

Post by Gmore » 21 Apr 2005, 12:52

Yeah I forgot to list what I actually am like when I play.

Strengths:
Dribbling
Short Passing
Acceleration
Dedication
Intelligence
Fitness
Composure
Finishing
Crossing (both feet)
Dead balls
Creativity
Vision
Love for the Game

Weaknesses:
Speed
Jumping
Heading
Long Passing
Long Range Shooting
Confidence
Strength

Players that I resemble: Bergkamp (vision, passing), Claudio Reyna (composure, passing, lack of speed), Ronaldinho (creativity, love for the game, dribbling)
Last edited by Gmore on 21 Apr 2005, 12:55, edited 1 time in total.

Gmore

Post by Gmore » 21 Apr 2005, 12:54

fantasista,

where in midfield do you play? on a side, in front of the defenders, behind the attackers?

Fantasista

Post by Fantasista » 21 Apr 2005, 13:01

I dont really know. But when I play I use on esimple way Total Football. But I hate to be a winger.

johnny114life

center mid or forward

Post by johnny114life » 21 Apr 2005, 14:42

im a center mid or a 2nd forward

strengths

fast
smart
good dribbilings
leadership
nice dribblings
good vision

weakness

small
not a good header

Wiseman_philosopher

Post by Wiseman_philosopher » 21 Apr 2005, 15:41

I play most like Drogba, been thinking about that for ages. Either centre forward, or just behind the front 2.

Strengths

Good in the air
Strong
Creative
Good Touch
Intelligent player
Friendly
Excellent Positioning
Good Finishing
Vision
Acceleration (powerful)
Right Footed, but can use left foot if needed to good effect.
Aggressiveness
Tackling

Weaknesses

Fitness Currently
Sometimes too elaborate.
Not outstanding crosser, but capable.
Dead Balls
He who thinks too much about every step he takes will stay on one leg all his life.

jcdenton
Veteran Member

Post by jcdenton » 21 Apr 2005, 19:41

i can play as left winger back, left midfielder, striker, central back
Strengths
Speed
Strength
Stamina
Power
Height
Heading
Jumping
Fitness
Finishing
Creativity
Shooting
Free Kicks
Throw-ins
Teamwork
Tackling
Vision
Passing and Long Passing
Fair Play
Weaknesses
Coordination
Accelaration
Sudden loss of concentration from time to time
Technique can be better

I am a mixture of Jaap Stam(tackling,vision,jumping,heading,passing,shooting), Christian Vieri (finishing,strength,power,bad coordination and accelaration), John Arne Riise(throw ins), Sinisa Mihajlovic and Adriano(shooting)

Magicfeet

Post by Magicfeet » 21 Apr 2005, 19:55

Oh... I forgot to mention. I'm a mixture of Buffon, Nesta, Ferdinand, Zidane, Ronaldinho, Vieira, Keane, Ronaldo, Figo, Beckham and Raul.

I'm talented at every part of the game, but sometimes I stop paying attention. I'm so good I don't feel the need to watch what's going on, and sometimes get distracted by things. Bags flying past in the wind, the distant bark of a dog, my own handsome reflection in a puddle.

I can play in any position, apart from substitute - I seem to break out in these freaky rashes when I'm on the bench, and have to go home,

If any of you need any tips on becoming a pro, I'm the man to ask. You see, I was offered a few contracts last year, but turned them down. Why? Because if I actually play football, I don't have the time to brag.

Y'know what I mean?

EDIT : I'm so, so sorry. :oops:

soccerchic_06
Veteran Member

Post by soccerchic_06 » 21 Apr 2005, 20:18

how r u supposed to make this team? R u for real or what?

Mike

Post by Mike » 21 Apr 2005, 21:35

Yeah this doesn't sound like it has a real plan behind it.
I think that it takes a lot more to start up a club than you think, and I don't think you can just make up a team wothoutb eing part of a club.
The idea of stating your strenghts and weaknesses and opinions on each is good, but if you really would like to start up a club from scratch, you need to seek out assistance from someone who knows how to who has expierence or further knowledge about this.

Gmore

Post by Gmore » 21 Apr 2005, 22:18

Don't worry, soccerchic and Mike, I'm not looking to start a "real" club team. That would be difficult, considering the people on this site are from Europe, Canada, USA, South America, etc. I just thought it would be interesting to find out who the best players on this site are and where they play, etc and put together a hypothetical team. When all is said and done I will probably use the team lineup as my signature just to sort of acknowledge everyone.

In the future, it would probably be better if people could post stuff like what level they play at or cool things they've done, in addition to strengths and weakness.

Gmore

Post by Gmore » 21 Apr 2005, 22:25

Magicfeet,

You must be pretty good, judging by the list of players whose abilities you have. Madrid, Chelsea, etc are probably fighting over you.

That's a strange ailment that you have, though. That's probably why you haven't been signed by them yet. They don't want to risk an outbreak or anything.

dooglas
Veteran Member

Post by dooglas » 22 Apr 2005, 00:30

Strengths

Passing
getting open (for a shot)
dribbling (At pace to)
Long balls
Free kicks
speed
vision
creativity

Weaknesses

Heading
volleys (its not that i suck just need a little better timing)
jukes or feints
defending

Played since i was 7, im dedicated, practice everyday hard.
i play varsity on my highschool team for 4 years now, my main position is a winger, left right it doesnt matter, but i can play center mid, or even a forward, i have very good goal sense. im speedy and will fight for any ball. i play club indoor and outdoor, i never bothered myself to get on the better teams cuz they kinda stick with what has worked for them in the past, but i just got a full ride to barton community college for soccer, and funny enough a whole bunch of players from the bigger clubs are going there full ride to, so i guess being on their club team didnt matter.
Wow, he just megged three people, maradonas around the last defender, and missed the shot, then not five minutes later a guy on the other team shoots when he gets the ball and scores...

who would you rather be?