Cope not making the high school team?

Tell us about the league you playing in, tryouts, etc
soccer

Cope not making the high school team?

Post by soccer »

How can i cope about not making my high school team? Tips? etc? I'm a right fullback(defender)
Trainer09

Post by Trainer09 »

Well i think you should keep on praticing, and pratice every day( No Breaks), and if you are not willing to give up your time(Saturdays and Fridays for 2 hours) :? than you shouldnt of made it.
But if you do, do this, then you need to know that Micheal Jorden didnt make his High school Team but he praticed every day and eventually he became a pro. :D Thier is Always Chances you just have to be the kind of person to take them
expert
Site Admin

Re: Cope not making the high school team?

Post by expert »

soccer wrote:How can i cope about not making my high school team?
Alcohol. Hey, it works for me!
Trainer09 wrote:he praticed every day and eventually he became a pro
'soccer' never said that he wants to become pro.

The question here is, why is it so important that you play for your high school team?
Last edited by expert on 16 Nov 2006, 21:09, edited 1 time in total.
Soccer4Life
Guide Goddess

Post by Soccer4Life »

Keep improving. I mean, what happens... happens. You can't change the past, but you can change the future. Don't drown yourself from the past, just keep improving. You have a couple more years in highschool, maybe you cn make it next year.

Never give up. Thats what makes an excellent athlete and footballer.
expert wrote:
soccer wrote:How can i cope about not making my high school team?
Alcohol. Hey, it works for me!
*cough* Underage *cough*
shahensha
Veteran Member

Re: Cope not making the high school team?

Post by shahensha »

soccer wrote:How can i cope about not making my high school team? Tips? etc? I'm a right fullback(defender)
Omg! I went through the same situation as you last year! And I tried out for the same position!

When I made the team I actually wanted to play mid but the coach put me on defence because I was big and could use my size effectively. Honestly I had no idea but my good friend and fellow teammate mentored me and under his guidance I imporved my defence by alot. He played sweeper and I played right fullback.

However next year, which was last year I did not make the team and what surprised everyone was that an absolutely horrible player was selected over me which puzzled everyone and angered me.

I could not believe what had happened, which really depressed me and I realized that I need to work harder so I kept on practicing every chance I got and when I played with them three months later my seniors were surprised that my control, shot power and speed has increased alot.

In the summer I woke up every morning and practiced my juggling, shooting and speed. Even now I go everytime I am free and work on the drills that I found on this website recently.

You are prolly better than I am because I am not that dynamic of a player but I try to train hard and if a player like myself who showed absolutely no potential two years ago can show significant improvement then I bet you can do too!

Never give up! The more I practiced and played, the more I started to love the beauty of this sport. :D
soccer

Post by soccer »

thanks for the feedback. It's just i wanted to play jv boys as a sophmore. I only had a year of rec soccer last year as a freshmen.

Now, i have to step it up and make varsity next year when i become a junior. Thing is, i've never played high school ball. So i don't really know what to expect in games.
Zlatan5
Veteran Member

Post by Zlatan5 »

I am going through the same problem. :( I haven't played football(soccer) since I was in the 6th grade, I tried to get back into form by playing on a rec. team and I saw myself improving rapidly, practice after practice I noticed I felt more and more comfortable with the ball at my feet. However my league got messed up and we got pulled up into a U-19 league and im on a U-16 team. So I got to experience "playing up" on older and more experienced players some of who which were already out of highschool and in college :shock: .

So when the school pre-season was beginning a few months back I decided to go tryout and I was placed on the junior varsity team but slowly more of my friend who have been playing for years began coming out and filling in the spots. And as of today some Juniors who have never played football(soccer) in their lives or since they were little kids come and try out and our coach pulls me and 2 of my friends down to Freshman team. I was so angry I just wanted to give the coach a piece of my mind, but I thought to myself maybe I could play my hardest and hopefully impress the coaches and have them recommend me back up to JV.

I am still kind of depressed that I was pulled down, but knowing that I have a chance to make JV again is driving me to push harder and harder and just improve on my skills. :wink:
XstaticX
Veteran Member

Post by XstaticX »

I was exactly in your guys' shoes when I started soccer as a sophomore, trouble was I never played soccer before on a team or organized. Read the intro on my progress log and see if it sheds some light on your situation and you can always message me.

viewtopic.php?t=3322

Cheers!

Haroun
soccer

Post by soccer »

thanks, that helped alot!