Question about getting a trial

Tell us about the league you playing in, tryouts, etc
MikeTheMadKeeper
Sophomore Member

Not sure if this has already been answered but here you go.

I understand that academies train players so they could become better and work off the talent they already have. My question is, would they accept or give a trial to a player that has natural talent but not experience? For instance, is fast, has good footwork, kicks, passes, and crosses well, ect. but has not had experience actually playing for a team. This is my current problem right now. As i said above, i have good speed, footwork, ect. but i do not play for any teams because i recently found out about my skill. Some help here would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

fred-0

well im the same - aprt from fast - but lots of people said i have pretty good control - anyway - i emailed oldham atheletic - and they said they will get back to me - about joining there youth team but again - i have no club experince - i ahve school football but no club - i hope it doesnt matter

MikeTheMadKeeper
Sophomore Member

Thanks. Anymore help here would be appreciated. Also are those e-mails in the contacts sticky here on the career board real? If not, do you have any that ARE real?

Soccer4Life
Guide Goddess

Well - it really depends. If you have good skills, but can't work well with other players on the team, then chances are, you won't make it. But, if you have a good tactical understanding of the game, and can work well with other players in most if not all situations, then you will most likely make it. Its probably going to be hard for you, if you have never played with a team, but that doesn't mean you can't do it. Keep working on your skills, and try to improve your quick thinking and tactical awareness. During trials, try to show your stong side. And, you need a high work rate. Most coaches will accept a player who doesn't have great skill, but has a high work rate and truly puts their heart into the game. Make sure your coach understands your situation, and don't be afraid to show him your enthusiasm.