Any pros in my situation?

Tell us about the league you playing in, tryouts, etc
Nicky.D
New User

Any pros in my situation?

Post by Nicky.D » 13 Apr 2005, 11:00

I am 13 nearly 14.
I practice 1 to 1 1/2 hours a day.
But I am not confident enough. Why? I am small and not a big build. I am a striker and I do get my fair share of goals. But I look at the pro's biographies, life stories and stuff like that and they score about 60 goals in 15 games when they were my age. But I want to become pro so badly this is what is troubling me it just makes me so unconfident.

Do you know about any pro players now who were in my situation at my age.
Ohhhhh Liverpool we love you

Gaucho

Post by Gaucho » 13 Apr 2005, 11:08

Dont worry man..keep practising. Be you..there's no gaurantee in the game..when they were 13/14 ppl could hav said they were the best 13/14 year olds they ever seen...but when they become 16 it changes. Keep training..by 17/18 people should say that u are 1 of the best 17/18 yr. olds they ever seen. Sometimes the early hype is not 2 good.
Gimme the ball.

Mike

Post by Mike » 13 Apr 2005, 17:17

It is impossible to correctly compare yourself now to professional players a while ago. Professional players grew up at a different age, and they may have been in a different country which makes a large difference...think about it. Now every move that pros do can be seen on tv and executed by kids...don't you think it's going to be harder for people growing up now since everyone has much more knowledge about the game then before?

So, in conclusion: keep your head up, and play your game.
Try to improve as much as you can.

jcdenton
Veteran Member

Post by jcdenton » 24 Apr 2005, 14:36

have you read random football quotes in upper right corner of this site?
what did ole gunnar solskjaer said. he said thet when he was 15 he wanted to stop playing football, he thought he was never going to become a pro. but man you have to score more goals, i play left back and i score approx 1 goal every weekend. (this weekend it is 2)
but keep on working, hard. i was small at your age, i was the smallest in my team, but now i am absolutely the tallest (190cm) play some basketball, it is good for strength and height.

JasperJock
New User

Re: Any pros in my situation?

Post by JasperJock » 03 May 2005, 23:37

Nicky.D wrote:I am 13 nearly 14.
I practice 1 to 1 1/2 hours a day.
But I am not confident enough. Why? I am small and not a big build. I am a striker and I do get my fair share of goals. But I look at the pro's biographies, life stories and stuff like that and they score about 60 goals in 15 games when they were my age. But I want to become pro so badly this is what is troubling me it just makes me so unconfident.

Do you know about any pro players now who were in my situation at my age.
Don't worry about the Pro's Biographies, just ignore everything involving their past when it comes to stats. Your resume for the future is being constructed right now, just work on it. Keep up the practicing, playing, scoring etc. that is all you will ever have to focus on and your resume will be one for future fans to look at in awe.

fir_nev
Sgt. I can't get enough of Asian chicks

Post by fir_nev » 04 May 2005, 04:05

I was short when I was 13. Now, I'm taller than most of my former team-mates. Dun worry. Not scoring doesn't mean U won't go professional. It's the hard work that will do something good for U in the future.

Shagnew
New User

how old...

Post by Shagnew » 04 Dec 2005, 19:46

Hey JCdenton, how old are you?
Uniao Sao Joao but Corinthians 4 Life
G.D. Chaves

MickyD#9
Veteran Member

Post by MickyD#9 » 05 Dec 2005, 04:19

Who do you play for Nicky.D?

FD_ FOR_MS-What's Missing?
www.freestylersdownunder.com/forum

ac_milan7

Post by ac_milan7 » 05 Dec 2005, 06:06

just playing in college would be a dream come true to me but all you have to do is stay hungry,know what you want , and work hard for it every day whenever your on the pitch
pain is weakness leaving the body