Not Making the Team

Tell us about the league you playing in, tryouts, etc
Darshan
New User

Not Making the Team

Post by Darshan » 23 Aug 2006, 12:57

Ok guys, unfortunately i did not make the freshman team at my school after hard weeks of training. I am pretty pissed off that i invested a lot of my time and effort for no reason. What sucks even more was that the coach told me I was number 19th on the depth chart for an 18-man roster. Some part of me just quits, but another wants to give it another stab and try for the J.V team as a 10th grader which would be extremely difficult for me considering i couldnt even make the freshman team. My parents are totally supporting me, and telling me not to quit. What do u guys think? If yes, how i can enhance my chances to making the team next year at like a 90 % chance, because i really do not want to crash and burn again. Thanks guys.

FLscr007
Sophomore Member

Post by FLscr007 » 24 Aug 2006, 20:06

o man, that sucks. But think of it like this, if one person didnt tryout u would make the team, so u kinda are good enough for freshman. You probably didnt go hard enough as the others, but dont give up. i didnt make jv last year and i was plannin on making it dis year but now my school only has a Varsity team :cry: im not giving up and im still training everyday. U need to do the same.

And join a club team. those are fun too and are good training. good luck man

peps1154
Veteran Member

Post by peps1154 » 25 Aug 2006, 03:58

Well I have good advice. In order to make the team next year I suggest praactice everyday. A year can make a huge diffrence, trust me.

MikeTheMadKeeper
Sophomore Member

Post by MikeTheMadKeeper » 25 Aug 2006, 13:56

You know what you need to do? Talk talk talk. Talk to everyone, talk to the coaches especially so they will know who you are and be enthusiastic about it. When you're practicing, practice like you have a trial for your favorite professional team. ALWAYS practice like that. Go full speed every time. Even if you're not better than the other players, if you go full speed all the time and try hard all the time, the coaches will like the heart and the work you put into it. Skill does matter, but as long so you got the heart to do it, you'll do great.

Shenker
Veteran Member

Re: Not Making the Team

Post by Shenker » 25 Aug 2006, 17:42

Darshan wrote:Ok guys, unfortunately i did not make the freshman team at my school after hard weeks of training. I am pretty pissed off that i invested a lot of my time and effort for no reason. What sucks even more was that the coach told me I was number 19th on the depth chart for an 18-man roster. Some part of me just quits, but another wants to give it another stab and try for the J.V team as a 10th grader which would be extremely difficult for me considering i couldnt even make the freshman team. My parents are totally supporting me, and telling me not to quit. What do u guys think? If yes, how i can enhance my chances to making the team next year at like a 90 % chance, because i really do not want to crash and burn again. Thanks guys.
i did not make freshman in 8th grade but tryed out for JV in 9th and made it :roll:
[]D [] []v[] []D
-----------------

peps1154
Veteran Member

Post by peps1154 » 26 Aug 2006, 00:08

How the hell can u make a freshman team when ur in 8th grade? Dont u have to be a freshman to do that?

mufc21
Veteran Member

Post by mufc21 » 30 Aug 2006, 19:34

Just keep on trying. i got turned down for the worst high school football team in my whole city. Then the best team asked me if I could come out and play and now I have a tryout for a USL team. Its not wasted time because if you keep on playing you will make that upper team.

Good luck.

LYM.randy

Post by LYM.randy » 30 Aug 2006, 20:09

you might think this is strange advice...
But now that your in high school your body is definetly maturing and you might want to seriously consider strength training and conditioning.
As important as your technical game is, now is the time to start increasing your explosiveness, your stamina, your agility. You may find that these things contribute greatly to your technical skills.

Don't give up though!
Cheers

madsucker
New User

Post by madsucker » 16 Sep 2006, 04:14

you shouldn't quit. In order to make the jv team, which would be awesome for you, depends on your type and level of training that you undertook for thispast tryout. If you aren't handling the ball everyday, I would suggest just hitting the ball against a wall for an hour or two everyday, which increases your touch and confidence on the ball incrimentally.

Good luck. It is psychologically touch to not be on the team and you are probably second-guessing your skills, but with small steps everyday, in the long term you will be more dedicated and prepared than those who did make the team.

Peace