Very big game tommorrow.

Tell us about the league you playing in, tryouts, etc
P.Nedved

Very big game tommorrow.

Post by P.Nedved » 12 Aug 2006, 16:00

hello all, tommorrow ill be having the biggest game in our season.
It decides if we go to provincials or not. im just wondering what i can do to
prepare myselft mentaly and physicly. aka.what to eat,have a small training session? also i would like to know for these big games, do you
really have to think about playing good? becuasei usualy get nervous with
the ball when i start to really think about being a good player on the field.

Pokerized

Re: Very big game tommorrow.

Post by Pokerized » 12 Aug 2006, 17:20

P.Nedved wrote:hello all, tommorrow ill be having the biggest game in our season.
It decides if we go to provincials or not. im just wondering what i can do to
prepare myselft mentaly and physicly. aka.what to eat,have a small training session? also i would like to know for these big games, do you
really have to think about playing good? becuasei usualy get nervous with
the ball when i start to really think about being a good player on the field.
Eat lots of carbs, very few sugars. Go outside and spend a few hours on your weakest point.
"Some people believe that football is a matter of life and death; I am very disappointed with that attitude. I can assure you it is much, much more important than that."
-Bill Shankly

mb1471

Post by mb1471 » 12 Aug 2006, 20:12

chill out and smoke a j, man. or at least have a beer dude. relax, its soccer..its a game. if youre this up tight about it, you should take a few deep breathes and thinik about how meaningless that game will be in your life. think about how sick nasty you are at soccer and how you can school those kids without trying if you wanted...ect..good luck

FLscr007
Sophomore Member

Post by FLscr007 » 13 Aug 2006, 02:45

/\/\/\/\/\/\

i think thats the worst advice i ever seen anybody give.

Just do the opposite of what he said and you should be fine.

hustler89
Veteran Member

Post by hustler89 » 13 Aug 2006, 12:57

mb1471 wrote:chill out and smoke a j, man. or at least have a beer dude. relax, its soccer..its a game. if youre this up tight about it, you should take a few deep breathes and thinik about how meaningless that game will be in your life. think about how sick nasty you are at soccer and how you can school those kids without trying if you wanted...ect..good luck
Haha, thats funny. I can't decide whether you were being sarcastic or not.

Basically, play your natural game, and try not to think of it as such an important match, thus taking pressure off you, and therefore, hopefully you'll play to your maximum ability.

~Dynamic_Dinamo~

Post by ~Dynamic_Dinamo~ » 15 Aug 2006, 22:22

Even if you do make it the Calgary teams will school you. :oops:

A-man147

Post by A-man147 » 16 Aug 2006, 21:01

mb1471 wrote:chill out and smoke a j, man. or at least have a beer dude. relax, its soccer..its a game. if youre this up tight about it, you should take a few deep breathes and thinik about how meaningless that game will be in your life. think about how sick nasty you are at soccer and how you can school those kids without trying if you wanted...ect..good luck

lol, dont have a beer! or 2 or 3 or in my case 9! but it was practice, lol my coach was soo pissed he made me do laps till I puked!
Image KEvinR9

"In 1969 I gave up woman and alcohol. It was the worst 20 minutes of my life." George Best

tonymahony

Post by tonymahony » 16 Aug 2006, 21:49

realx and have fun. Go to your happy place
Tigers of Asia, Corea