preparation for national titles

Tell us about the league you playing in, tryouts, etc
torres_hero
Sophomore Member

preparation for national titles

Post by torres_hero »

hey i got a letter today saying that i had made the team for one of the three teams that is representing my state at the national titles...and i wanted to ask about some preperation that i should do ( it is in 10 weeks ) and what training should i do based on that its a high level competition over 4 days for 14 yr olds...im 14 duh...178cm and 70kg...im fairly fit high 12s in the beep test...what would u suggest on really knuckling down on and perfecting before i go to these titles being a left midfielder/left back/centre back...thank u and hope u hav a good day
Ronaldinho10

Post by Ronaldinho10 »

I don't think you need to go crazy with training just because these championships are coming up. If there 10 weeks away I would start to seriously think about getting fit about 4 weeks before them. For now just keep everything ticking over , keep your skills and technique up to scratch , keep yourself in good shape and don't freak out about training because you've got championships coming up.

Maybe take some strain off your joints if your gonna do a lot of running in the close lead up to them , try bike machines etc for now.

Just my opinion , other people will probably have various other different and interesting thoughts on the matter :D
torres_hero
Sophomore Member

Post by torres_hero »

thanx ronaldinho10...yeah i posted this topic cuz i thought it would be interesting to see what some of the people on this site would say as some are very much full of information...would riding a bike be as good as or even better than riding an exercise bike because im thinking bout riding to school now for a bit of fitness? thank you if any1 could clarify this and any ideas other ideas they would like to post..
Ronaldinho10

Post by Ronaldinho10 »

Yeh riding a bike is usually better than going on a bike machine (which is still really good aswell) :D
To get a good cardio work you need to be pushing yourself by cycling up hills at a decent pace (fast enough so that you really feel yourself working hard)
As for biking to school , it depends on whether there are hills on the way there/way back. If it ment getting all sweaty before school I probably wouldn't be up for it :lol: But it's up to you man. How far would it be? Besides aren't you on summer holidays right now?
torres_hero
Sophomore Member

Post by torres_hero »

nah...its winter here in australia so that means football season is on..umm i got told it would take a good 30-40 minutes if u ride at a slower than normal riding pace...its fairly flat but when u get up 2 the school it gets a bit hilly when approaching the school..its raining outside so today ill probably just juggle and 'attempt' to freestyle in the garage and do some tight little dribbling drills in there and do some agility work...i dont think id get too sweaty riding there i spose its just somefin to do..there is never enough that u can do..when i go for runs and stuff in the morning im a lot more focused on what im doing in the day and when i get to school im not still half asleep it might be just me but thats my opinion after i run...might be just me lol :oops:
Ronaldinho10

Post by Ronaldinho10 »

Yeh man , that all sounds good. Excercising in the morning really does wake you up for the rest of the day , so yeh go for it! :D
torres_hero
Sophomore Member

Post by torres_hero »

our team had our first training camp together on saturday afternoon and sunday...it was intense and hard but i found very worthwhile we got there at 3.30 on saturday arvo and we had all played or trained in the morning and i travelled a good 3 and a half hours to get there...we trained from 3.30 to 5 after we did a recovery session had a team meeting and dinner went to bed at ten then we had to train from 7 to 8 had breakfast then trained 10.30-12.30 with a 10v6 game...then had lunch and trained 1.30-3.30 and made the trip home...already i hav learnt a lot of valuable things about runs i should make of the ball in my position and etc...and this is only after 1 camp!! lol hopefully after this i become a more well rounded player...ive been training 2-3 hours everyday after school with ball skills of the such dribbling and crossing, one touch passing and first touch on every other day when i dont train with my club
Ronaldinho10

Post by Ronaldinho10 »

Woh dude , that sounds like a really cool weekend. Sounds pretty tough aswell. Stick in and you'll get your rewards. Let us know how you get on :D
torres_hero
Sophomore Member

Post by torres_hero »

well its been 2 weeks since our last camp which was the week after our first camp...and at that camp we played a game against capital football who beat us 6-3 while we had our squad of 26 but when we played them this time we lost 3-2 and we should of beat them terribly..we couldnt put the ball in..anyway since then the 3 shadow players were announced and i wasnt one of them thank god! since the 2nd training camp ive started really knuckling down on my training and doin a bit of fitness..i bought a size 3 ball just to muck around with...something different and well i can already see the improvements in my skills-close control and dribbling mainly..i got a mp3 and well..i wouldnt be training nearly as much if i didnt hav it because sometimes when ur doin long sessions by urself u get very distracted and when u hav the mp3 going ur focused entirely on what ur doin thats what ive found..we hav our nxt training week after nxt cuz our club has our grand final..cant wait for that nd at that training camp we are playing 2 games which shall be awesome fun..in this squad im playing left midfield and ive never played left midfield before this year and im finding that in game situations when im playing there that i get tired more because i usually just played in centre back or defensive midfield..but i enjoy it a lot it gives me more of a chance to beat players and more creativity with my passing and runs off the ball..anyway ill update u all later on.. hav a good one
torres_hero
Sophomore Member

Post by torres_hero »

hey well..i havent been training lately as ive been really sick so im on the net now while im suppose to be at school..bit of a bummer..well we won our grand final 3-0 we played really well and in the last minute we got awarded a penalty because our forward ran at the goal keeper and the goal keeper shoulder barged our forward...i didnt think it was a penalty but it didnt change anything lol in that game i played defensive mid for the whole game and before that game i had been playing left back for about 4 weeks straight and there was no injuries or anything so yeah bit strange but i enjoy playing there...this weekend ive got a 2 day camp with the squad after this camp there is 2 more camps..one that goes for 4 days..so hopefully i start feeling better so i can start getting ready to be at my peak fitness and performance levels..anywhoo i shall leave another message after the camp this weekend and ill tell u all about how things are getting on..have a good one
torres_hero
Sophomore Member

Post by torres_hero »

okay i havent been on this for a while but anyway i shall update anyone is who is interested about the results of my team at nationals...the week before nationals started we had a training camp 7 hours away from the venue of nationals which was the olympic stadium where teams played for sydney 2000 olympics anyway..at the training camp we played 2 games, one against the new zealand u14 team that will be playing at the u17 world cup in 2009 our team lost to them 6-0 we then played one of the leading teams in the state and drew 1-1, i played forward that game as our first choice forward was injured and i scored the goal so because of that when i played at nationals i played mainly forward. at nationals we beat 3 teams and lost 2 games which put us 3rd in our pool, the 2 teams we lost to were the teams that got 1st nd 2nd, i played mainly forward and i played a bit of left back, i scored 2 goals as well playing out of position so i was fairly happy lol. so it was a good result for us country boys, we got 6th overall.if we played that new zealand team after nationals i think it would of been a lot closer, we improved by streaks. i came back home which is an 8 hour car trip and had a 2 day rest before i went of on another 7 hour car trip down south, i played defensive midfielder for this team i got 3 assists all titles and thats pretty good because our team only scored 4 goals lol, we won 1 game and drew 2 so we werent the hottest team going, the games at that titles was held in 37 degree celsius heat so it was horrible conditions, school started monday and i tried to train that afternoon but i had no energy so pretty much im having the week off from training because in 14 days i had to play 14 games so it was an intense holidays for me anyway do u think its sensible for me to hav so long off?
Last edited by torres_hero on 20 Oct 2006, 09:55, edited 1 time in total.
Ronaldinho10

Post by Ronaldinho10 »

Wow dude , all sounds really good. And that is all great experience that will help with whatever football you play int he future.
I think it's sensible to take a week off intense training if you've had a real busy schedule. Just take the week to recuperate. Eat plenty food , drink plenty water and stretch your muscles off. If you don't stretch then your muscles may stiffen up which is not a good thing. If you want to do some exercise , just do a little biking , or keepy uppys , nothing to intense.
After the weeks rest your muscles will feel great and you'll be mentally refreshed aswell :D Good luck man :D