Trials

Tell us about the league you playing in, tryouts, etc
rob_06
Sophomore Member

Trials

Post by rob_06 » 24 Jun 2006, 03:03

Can anybody help me write a letter to send to numerous pro clubs asking for a trial? What info would I need to contain etc.? Much Appreciated, Rob

hustler89
Veteran Member

Post by hustler89 » 24 Jun 2006, 10:12

(This should be in the career section)

Pro clubs ask for previous footballing experience and sometimes ask for videotapes of yourself in matches and practicing individually.

I guess you'll need to include this type of info:

Preferred Position :
Kicking foot (Right/Left/Both) :
Height :
Weight :
Strengths :
Weaknesses :
Former Clubs & Leagues :

Name :
Tel :

Sometimes if you already play for a team however, you may ask a scout to come down and watch.
If you are successful they will give you a fixed period trial at their club. If you are accepted obviously, you can start playing for them.

Good Luck.

rob_06
Sophomore Member

Post by rob_06 » 24 Jun 2006, 14:07

Yeah couldnt decide which section to put it in :oops: cheers for the information, is it likely that even if they are not interested they will send u a reply?

G-Unit-Freestyler

Post by G-Unit-Freestyler » 24 Jun 2006, 14:33

Hustler will them scouts come to clubs only or will they also check out school matches? Will they also go oversea's and how do I get in contact with them?

expert
Site Admin

Post by expert » 24 Jun 2006, 16:26

As far as I know, big professional clubs trial players by invitation only. I suggest you call your nearest semi-pro team and ask them if they are holding tryouts.
Having an impressive soccer resume won't hurt either.

rob_06
Sophomore Member

Post by rob_06 » 26 Jun 2006, 14:52

What do you mean by 'having an impressive soccer resume'?

expert
Site Admin

Post by expert » 26 Jun 2006, 14:58

I mean that you can show a list of select/regional/national teams that you have played on including any individual awards you have previously won.

A-man147

Post by A-man147 » 05 Aug 2006, 15:09

here, I'll attach mine to use as a guide.

1 Aiman Saleem
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Goal Keeper
-------------------------------
.......................................l......... 12 Sauble Dr,
.......................................l......... Ottawa, Ontario, Canada K2M 2Y3
............Picture................l......... (613) 599-5837
.......................................l......... Email: Aiman_Saleem15@hotmail.com
.......................................l......... 5’9”, 148 lbs.
.......................................l......... A.Y Jackson Secondary School
.......................................l
-------------------------------

Dear Mr.
My name is Aiman Saleem, I am writing this letter to you requesting a trial to play for your football club. I have played competitive football since the age of 7, I have participated in various football clinics and competitive programs, I also attended a football camp taught by Captain Rafeat; a FIFA certified coach for over 30 years who has coached the Egypt National team, and who himself saw and acknowledged the skill in me. I have seen games of the FA Youth Cup and I strongly feel I can compete with that level of competition in England. Here are some of my accomplishments done with my previous teams:
Club Soccer:
AC Fiorentina–[/b] League Champions and Cup Champions in the summer of 2000 [awarded with best goalkeeping performance and named MVP by the team], 2001 Coliseum Winter league Champions.
Nepean City– 2003 Coliseum Winter league Finalist.
St. Anthony’s 88’s, ERSL Champions in 2003, Coliseum Winter league Champions, Ontario Indoor Cup finalist in 2005. In early July 2005 the team participated in an international tournament in Terracina, Italy – the 12th Riviera d’Ulisse, winning the esteemed Ulisse trophy after a 1-0 final against AC Aprilia Latina finishing the tournament undefeated. The team are Champions of International Challenge Brossard (August 2005) and the dominant team winning the East Region Soccer League (13-1-0), 9th Annual St Anthony International Soccer Challenge Champions, 2006 coliseum winter champions , 2005 Tamp Bay Sun Bowl Finalist. 2006 Ontario Indoor Cup Champions, top ranked team in the province and top in the nation.
Miscellaneous Tournaments: 2001 and 2003 Dana Cup Champions, 2002 Dana Cup Finalists [AC Fiorentina], 2004 Mobileit soccer tournament finished third place behind Ottawa Royals and Ottawa Stars (Ottawa Wizards), Jola Cup 2000 Finalist.
Additional Sports: Wrestling- Renfrew Wrestling tournament finalist, Toronto Wrestling Tournament Champion.
Basketball- Played for D. Aubrey Moodie Elementary School.

I am an agile keeper with great jumping ability, I am 5’9 but have no weakness in the air and am a lot stronger than I may look. I am always quick and not hesitant to come off my line but I play it safe. I am a great shot stopper and am comfortable with balls playing back at me by my teammates. I have players on my team that have played for England in their youth age and lived up to their skill. I am desperately keen to improve and know I am ready to move to the next level. I would love the opportunity to show you what I can do, and would be prepared to attend anywhere, anytime for a trial.

P.S I am sorry if I may sound arrogant in my above statements, I am really my toughest critic, but I am confident in my ability.
Thank you for taking the time out to read my letter and I hope to hear from you soon.

Yours sincerely,
Aiman Saleem
Image KEvinR9

"In 1969 I gave up woman and alcohol. It was the worst 20 minutes of my life." George Best

hustler89
Veteran Member

Post by hustler89 » 07 Oct 2006, 12:02

G-Unit-Freestyler wrote:Hustler will them scouts come to clubs only or will they also check out school matches? Will they also go oversea's and how do I get in contact with them?
Sorry for late reply, but I didn't see your post.
I don't think they check out school matches, only if they hear alot of hype about a particular player.
Correct me iof I'm wrong but either Darren Bent or Theo Walcott got scouted because of hype because they scored like lots of goals in one match.

Scouts go overseas, but only for the big clubs.
They will be told to scout a particular club, region, or an individual player, but the best way to get a trial is to play for a good semi-pro football team which produces many quality players and almost certaoinly a scout will come to some games.

After you are scouted though, you will have a 6 week trial with the club, this is where many people fail, in terms of impressing amongst quality players such as theirselves.