For every footballer in the making here's a few contacts

Tell us about the league you playing in, tryouts, etc
RyanRonaldo
New User

What i wrote

Post by RyanRonaldo » 03 Mar 2007, 15:45

This is what i wrote, this is also my football CV, at present i play semi-professional football for Newry City. I have only sent this off to Nottingham Forest at present.

Name: Ryan Mc Parland
Height: 5 feet 7 inches
Weight: 61.5 kgs.
Nationality: Irish

Dear Sir,
I am writing this letter to you requesting a trial to play for your football club.
I have been playing football for the past 11 years and have played for various football teams in this period. I started off playing for the best club in my city, and was told if I was given the right guidance, I could be a promising young footballer. I have won various awards including Player of the year, to Most improved player of the year. At the age of 15 I was asked to play senior level football for a team called Grasshoppers. The standard age to play senior football is 18 years of age. I have been scouted to play for my city, which is Newry City, to play at semi-professional level. I have also been asked to attend trials for my country Northern Ireland, but didn’t attend due to an injury.

I have a great left foot, a good right foot and am known for my ability to play pin-point crosses and long balls. I have good speed, great skill and great physical presence. I have the ability to take on a whole defense. I play upfront, as a striker, and am known in my city, for my dribbling skills. I have also previously played on the right and left wings. I have decided to take action because my previous coaches and managers have told me that I could be a good footballer if I am given the right guidance. At present I still play semi-professional football for my city, and think that I am ready, to move onto the next level.

I would love the opportunity to show you what I can do, and would be prepared to attend anywhere, anytime for a trial.

Thank you for taking the time out to read my letter and I hope to hear from you soon.
Yours sincerely,
Ryan Mc Parland

gnarlyjim
EF Mountie

Post by gnarlyjim » 03 Mar 2007, 16:20

Cool. Just a question though, you say that you are 5'7, but you have great physical presence.. :?

rileytricky
New User

trials

Post by rileytricky » 03 Mar 2007, 17:42

I do believe with my attitude and my pace and composure i can be helpful to any under 18 squad i wouldnt expect to be starting but in training im a great addition because im strong fast useful and my pass technique with my right foot is rarely put off course.. Aswel i sacrafice my body to make good tackles aswel as being good enough to take on players with the ball at my feet. Is this enough?
Who are you man anyways can i ask?gnarlyjim

gnarlyjim
EF Mountie

Post by gnarlyjim » 03 Mar 2007, 17:51

Wait... this is almost the exact same as avyay4barca_911's letter...

In my opinon you should evaluate your own strengths rather than just copy somebody elses.

RyanRonaldo
New User

dfdf

Post by RyanRonaldo » 03 Mar 2007, 19:34

Well, that kids strength's, are almost identical to mine? so what would you like me to do?

Btw, i haven't seen your CV, I'd much like to see it.

gnarlyjim
EF Mountie

Re: trials

Post by gnarlyjim » 03 Mar 2007, 19:41

rileytricky wrote:Is this enough? Who are you man anyways can i ask?gnarlyjim
What do you mean, "who am I.."? I'm gnarlyjim.

Also, why are you asking me if this is enough? :?
RyanRonaldo wrote:Well, that kids strength's, are almost identical to mine? so what would you like me to do?

Btw, i haven't seen your CV, I'd much like to see it.
I was just commenting on the letter being the same because you may want to word it slightly different than avyay because for all you know, he could have sent it to Nottingham Forest right? It wouldn't be good for your chances of getting a trial if you use his letter. Also, I'm not saying that you don't have similar skills, but I was just surprised that you say you are a strong physical presence when you only stand at 5'7. That's all, I wasn't attacking you.

Anyway, I'm stealing iwannagopro's saying...

Peace. :P

RyanRonaldo
New User

Post by RyanRonaldo » 03 Mar 2007, 20:13

Yes, I understand what you are saying.

And HI@ RILEY, you pro football ye <3

Much love to riley.

k_dogg
New User

Post by k_dogg » 13 Apr 2007, 16:45

great post man, totally awesome...

hey ppl, im 18 turnin 19 like in oct... and im movin 2 britain in like july. any1 reckon i hav a chance to attend trials or anythin like that?
You gotta smell good on the field

Rulezzz
Veteran Member

Post by Rulezzz » 13 Apr 2007, 16:48

k_dogg wrote:great post man, totally awesome...

hey ppl, im 18 turnin 19 like in oct... and im movin 2 britain in like july. any1 reckon i hav a chance to attend trials or anythin like that?
well it depends how good you are lol. Just becos you go to britain doesnt mean ur gonna become a footballer. Id reccommend if your gonna go on trial with professional teams and you dont make it through, which is quite likely, go join a semi-pro team and work your way up to the professional ranks.
CRYSTAL PALACE FC
keller8
"If you don't believe in yourself why should anyone else?" Andrei Shevchencko.

Shifty_FSU
Veteran Member

Post by Shifty_FSU » 23 Apr 2007, 21:16

Do these numbers apply for youth girls?
Fight for the name on the front, n they'll remember the name on the back.

http://pitch.co/entry/46412
^Vote please? :)

garinho
New User

Post by garinho » 10 May 2007, 14:23

hi does anyone success in going for a trial? i sent a letter but there was no reply...

Cruyff
New User

Post by Cruyff » 10 May 2007, 14:34

Ok I normally dont like to post, but I just had to. I mean you people are pathetic, how can you think sending a letter to the club can get you a trial? While you all brag about how much of a god of football you are, you should reliase that the clubs dont read letters you send them.

You wonder why? Simple. Because:

1. You need a contact, you need a scout, someone who the club manager/coach trusts or knows to recconmend you, you dont just send a letter!

2. The clubs send scouts to see how you play, not see how well you can brag in a letter

3. Unless youre like one of the best players from an elite academy, elite league or whatever, they wont even consider you. I mean think about it, theres millions of good teams in the world

Guys dont mean to offend, but you are seariously sad if you send a letter to the clubs hoping for a trial, use your common sense.

expert
Site Admin

Post by expert » 10 May 2007, 15:13

Cruyff's probably right. Also, think about the logistics, why would a youth academy, probably made up of local youngsters would go out of its way to set up trials and negotiate with somebody they've never seen and who lives 3000 miles away... What's in it for them? Unless you are really, really, really good (ie youth national team player), in which case, they would surely know about you already.
Also, what is wrong with playing in America?

garinho
New User

Post by garinho » 11 May 2007, 06:15

ya i agree... looks like i have to forget the dream.. :?

Icy
Veteran Member

Post by Icy » 11 May 2007, 09:19

So Garinho just because getting into a youth academy isn't as simple as sending a letter you're going to give up on your dream? With a mentality like that you most certainly didn't have much of a chance going pro anyways.
"Somewhere along the line, we seem to have confused comfort with happiness"