For every footballer in the making here's a few contacts

Tell us about the league you playing in, tryouts, etc
Post Reply
mint
EF Drug Baron
Posts: 2430
Joined: 16 Apr 2008, 20:38

Post by mint » 30 Mar 2009, 22:07

ScottyBoy wrote:
Had2bHarry wrote: Anything to make your CV more impressive will increase your chances when your older
Football isnt about CV's
Very very true that, its all bout hard work, love for the game and being committed, if you have played/ play for big teams then i imagine that would work in your favour but at the end of the day you have got to have the ability, if you have that then who knows you might make it, you might not.
Image
i was made to ignite

Cesc4
Sophomore Member
Posts: 47
Joined: 10 May 2009, 14:20

Post by Cesc4 » 11 May 2009, 09:59

its so hard to get spotted!! really play my heart out and i aint still noticed... sometimes i think to myself i should stop football. but im gonna continue to play my heart out! :wink:

ScottyBoy
Veteran Member
Posts: 1692
Joined: 05 Aug 2007, 15:39

Post by ScottyBoy » 11 May 2009, 11:19

Cesc4 wrote:its so hard to get spotted!! really play my heart out and i aint still noticed... sometimes i think to myself i should stop football. but im gonna continue to play my heart out! :wink:
Sounds like you dont like football. Play to enjoy yourself, not to try and get a job.
Image

People who say something cannot be done are often surprised by others doing it.

truesocceroo
Veteran Member
Posts: 333
Joined: 05 Jul 2007, 13:37

Post by truesocceroo » 11 May 2009, 11:35

ScottyBoy wrote:
Cesc4 wrote:its so hard to get spotted!! really play my heart out and i aint still noticed... sometimes i think to myself i should stop football. but im gonna continue to play my heart out! :wink:
Sounds like you dont like football. Play to enjoy yourself, not to try and get a job.
Hes right you know, if theres anything you will learn on the forum or in general about football, that is by far the most important. If you dont enjoy it now you wont enjoy professional, it is incredibly hard work and it never stops you train or play almost every day.

Cesc4
Sophomore Member
Posts: 47
Joined: 10 May 2009, 14:20

Post by Cesc4 » 11 May 2009, 17:04

True say! i enjoy and love football! but sometimes i think to myself i should stop training as hard if i aint gonna make it... u see what im tryna say...

mint
EF Drug Baron
Posts: 2430
Joined: 16 Apr 2008, 20:38

Post by mint » 11 May 2009, 17:29

Cesc4 wrote:True say! i enjoy and love football! but sometimes i think to myself i should stop training as hard if i aint gonna make it... u see what im tryna say...
I know its unlikely that ill make it pro but that doesn't mean im not going to train as hard as if i was sure id make it pro, i just train (when im not injured) just for the fun of pushing myself and seeing how fast i can improve.

Also never give up hope.
Image
i was made to ignite

Cesc4
Sophomore Member
Posts: 47
Joined: 10 May 2009, 14:20

Post by Cesc4 » 11 May 2009, 18:03

mint wrote:
Cesc4 wrote:True say! i enjoy and love football! but sometimes i think to myself i should stop training as hard if i aint gonna make it... u see what im tryna say...
I know its unlikely that ill make it pro but that doesn't mean im not going to train as hard as if i was sure id make it pro, i just train (when im not injured) just for the fun of pushing myself and seeing how fast i can improve.

Also never give up hope.
Yh Good Point!

DR17
Senior Member
Posts: 136
Joined: 23 Jul 2009, 21:48

Post by DR17 » 02 Aug 2009, 16:40

Well id like to get spotted to but where i live in Quebec soccer ins't a priority.But here is where i play. i'am 14 i go to a sport-studies school where we play soccer in the morning and school in the afternoon. I went to the regional selection where i played every game as a starter. I had a bad tournament and didn't make the team Quebec try outs because i was injured.So now at 14 i play in a u-16 AA squad as a starter too. Thats about it i started playing when i was 10.SO do you think i could make the MLS if the impact goes in the MLS

godofthesea
Sophomore Member
Posts: 29
Joined: 03 Aug 2009, 05:07

Post by godofthesea » 03 Aug 2009, 17:04

This is just tremendouse. But do you think it would be apropriate to write to an english club if i live in the USA?

DR17
Senior Member
Posts: 136
Joined: 23 Jul 2009, 21:48

Post by DR17 » 05 Aug 2009, 13:43

yes it doesn't matter where u live. Look at guy like clint dempsey and a candian Owen Hergreaves

arsenalfc08
Veteran Member
Posts: 2115
Joined: 03 Jul 2007, 20:34

Post by arsenalfc08 » 05 Aug 2009, 16:33

godofthesea wrote:This is just tremendouse. But do you think it would be apropriate to write to an english club if i live in the USA?
It won't work. Clubs get thousands of letters each day, the chances of them reading your letter are super slim. Plus they'd have no way to watch you play. There not going to send a scout over to the USA.

Your best bet is just to focus on soccer in the United States. Plus its not easy to play in England. There are restrictions of foreigners. You would need a work permit which is hard to qualify for. You either have had to be born in an EU country (or your parents or grandparents), or have played in 75% of your full national teams games in the last 2 years.

N
New User
Posts: 8
Joined: 19 Dec 2009, 10:35

Post by N » 19 Dec 2009, 16:03

A friend of mine who has quite a few contacts says that one of the things which could significantly boost your chances of getting a trial etc. is speed. He says that speed is one of the "stand out" factors and if you think about it, it is probably the most fundamental, raw ability you require in football. Another thing which could make you stand out is being able to use both your feet equally well. Just little bits I've heard.

panchester07
Veteran Member
Posts: 3849
Joined: 27 Aug 2007, 04:25

Post by panchester07 » 19 Dec 2009, 17:00

N wrote:A friend of mine who has quite a few contacts says that one of the things which could significantly boost your chances of getting a trial etc. is speed. He says that speed is one of the "stand out" factors and if you think about it, it is probably the most fundamental, raw ability you require in football. Another thing which could make you stand out is being able to use both your feet equally well. Just little bits I've heard.

Good post - I differ a little bit, speed is important, but the most fundamental raw ability in football has to be control.. The "ability to do whatever you want with the ball".. Does every touch you take go exactly where you want it too? Can you do anything you desire with it ? Bring it down, chip it up, juggle it over peoples head etc... When you have that kind of control the game is yours, look at Bergkamp or Zizou at the end they werent exactly fast or anything, they just had that awesome control....
to know Him is to want to know Him more"


"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'

soccer11
Admin
Posts: 4870
Joined: 24 Feb 2005, 23:40
Location: Michigan, USA

Post by soccer11 » 19 Dec 2009, 22:05

N wrote:A friend of mine who has quite a few contacts says that one of the things which could significantly boost your chances of getting a trial etc. is speed. He says that speed is one of the "stand out" factors and if you think about it, it is probably the most fundamental, raw ability you require in football. Another thing which could make you stand out is being able to use both your feet equally well. Just little bits I've heard.
Do you mean speed as in how fast you run or speed as in how fast you can read and play the game? Because if it's the latter I'd agree with you. The higher level you play, the faster the game moves, so if you're able to adapt to that, it's definitely a plus and the coaches will take notice.
Image

LiveTheDream
Veteran Member
Posts: 393
Joined: 08 May 2009, 05:34

Post by LiveTheDream » 19 Dec 2009, 23:49

N wrote:A friend of mine who has quite a few contacts says that one of the things which could significantly boost your chances of getting a trial etc. is speed. He says that speed is one of the "stand out" factors and if you think about it, it is probably the most fundamental, raw ability you require in football. Another thing which could make you stand out is being able to use both your feet equally well. Just little bits I've heard.
While I agree with you that fast players really do stand out, speed most definitely isn't the be all and end all.

Just think of Theo Walcott. :P

You've gotta know what you're going to do with the ball after you've sprinted past the defence- will you shoot, cross, take on the keeper...? Your speed of thought must match or better your speed with the ball at your feet :D

But yeah, speed is one of those fundamentals that will help you get noticed initially
Don't wish things were easier...

... Wish you were better


Focus on the journey, and the result will take care of itself

Post Reply