Is diving ruining football?

Tell us about the league you playing in, tryouts, etc
hustler89
Veteran Member

Cheats, premodonna's, fancylads whatever you want to call them.

Divers I think are criticised alot of the time. Some English commentators have blamed the problem on 'foreign influence' but I think it is the way the game is evolving and the importance of winning and the pressures that come with losing. So football fans and the media are kind of creating the problemby putting so much pressure on clubs.

There is a clear cut line with getting somebody sent off and winning a free-kick though.

I'm totally against things that get players sent off, thats just malice and it will make them have an easier game if the oppostion have 10 men. E.g. Robben reacting as if he'd been punched in the face after a touch by Reina.

What do you guys think about diving/ers.

ole21
Sophomore Member

i hate divers and i do think they're bringing the game down some. anyone that's playing and when you have someone dive and the decision goes their way, i get very pissed and lose all respect for that player. i would love to just punch 'em in the face, but i gotta just restrain from anything stupid.
in high school season, the other team had a corner and i was marking a guy close to the front post, and i had my body on him, but nothing more. then all the sudden he fell down and started screaming and holding his ankle. after it, i just walked away and shook my head, letting the ref know that i did nothing. then once i was near the kid again, away from the ref, i let him know that he is f...ing dirty and said that i didn't know he was such a bad player that he had to try to pull off that sh*tty act.

hustler89
Veteran Member

Well done, you did well to keep your cool. I doubt if I would have done the same.
If it was me, I would have kicked him when the ref was not looking so his ankle would really hurt him.
But I know players that would argue with the ref for the whole of the 90mins if the decision is wrong.
You just got toignore that kind of bull and get on with the game.