NCAA collge soccer

Tell us about the league you playing in, tryouts, etc
jdefoe
Forum groupie

Do you think that there should be a tournament called "december due or die" or something like that equivalent to Basketball's March Madness where there is a big knockout competition where the best teams in the world play off in a 1 game elimnation tournament? I think that would be a great idea but hard to put in place.

What do you think?

madridfc
Veteran Member

well there already is the NCAA College Cup, which is a championship of all the D1 colleges in the US. jsut like March Madness, if i'm not mistaken. do you mean you'd like "them" to assign it a name and publicize more and make it more popular?

well, i think thats a good idea, but alas, this is america and i don't think it would do too much good :(
olé

"I wouldn't say i was the best manager in the business, i was in the top one."

jdefoe
Forum groupie

ya, thats what i mean, publicize it more, and have a big sponsor that broadcasts it on tv for everyone to watch. If i'm not mistaken, it isn't a one game knockout tournament?

madridfc
Veteran Member

yeah, it is. i went to a game a couple hours away this past fall to watch the college in my town in the first round and i remember thats what it was.
olé

jdefoe
Forum groupie

thanks for the info! But, they certainly should have it publicized more.

madridfc
Veteran Member

yeah, that'd be so cool if in a few years it was like actually popular and people looked forward to it, not just like watching a few minutes of the final or something. like everyone wants to go see a game thats part of march madness, but with the soccer game i went to, no way were the stands even close to full. i kinda felt sorry for all the people who were missing out
olé

bsoccer531
New User

just on the topic of NCAA soccer: Just started looking at colleges and i really want to play college soccer. so i was going through all the scheduals and rosters of different colleges and i got really discouraged. in the rosters, they have player bios, and when these guys were my age, they were all really dominant. they all won tons of awards and played ODP. how does a guy (me) who is no where near this level get to play college soccer?
YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE

Gmore

There are many different levels of college soccer, D1, D2, D3, and NAIA. I am a sophomore, so I have been looking into this a lot lately. What state do you live in, I could help you out a lot.
GK – ?
RB – Fir _nev (if he chooses to return from retirement)
CB – jcdenton
LB – Sfspitfire23
RM – goldboots7
CM – dooglas
CM – robben12
LM – Rosario
AM – Gmore
CF – *yung-ital*
CF – Magicfeet

Gmore

Oh, Connecticut. Well actually I can't help you that much, I don't know much about the colleges up north. Perhaps the bios that you have been looking at are of top D1 colleges, like Uconn. Most top D1 colleges will only take players that are at least state team players. If you are from a soccer rich state, like Virginia, New York, Pennsylvania, then you don't. But you have to get yourself recruited. Only 1% of college soccer players were contacted by coaches first. You have to start emailing the coaches after your sophomore year. If your bio doesn't match up with those of a particular team's players, maybe you should move on.
GK – ?
RB – Fir _nev (if he chooses to return from retirement)
CB – jcdenton
LB – Sfspitfire23
RM – goldboots7
CM – dooglas
CM – robben12
LM – Rosario
AM – Gmore
CF – *yung-ital*
CF – Magicfeet