Taunting and Racism in Football

Tell us about the league you playing in, tryouts, etc
XstaticX
Veteran Member

FIFA is cracking down on racism. To me that's awesome. Taunting is all part of the game, but when does it go too far? Where do you draw the line? When fans are shouting racisms at players I don't think they deserve to be in the stadium watching the game. They put their own club to shame. What are your feelings about this?

Futbolstud
Veteran Member

i talk get into smack talking in games some times i usally try to avoid it all together but when i do i never say nething bout there race/ethnicity/religion its usally bout there ball handling tackling or their mother.

White_Eagles13

taunting i think is fine, but nothing that goes too far... i am, however, completely against racism in any way, shape or form.
i tihnk if you are too interested in tauting or abusing other players, then ur not reallya very good player urself, just forcus on the game

anyway that just my bit

cheers.
Australia - GO THE SOCCEROOS WORLD CUP!
(first time in 32 years and still we have no chance...)

dont give us sh!t, soccer and football are the same thing

Mulatto_Magic

Taunting is part of the game, but when racism comes in thats a totaly differnt story
~`Legend In The Making`~

matt
EF Forum Legend

It's unnacceptable in any aspect of life. It is good to hear of plans to crack down on it properly, but I still feel more could be done in society generally, particularly in America.

When we went to Washington D.C. last October, me and my family were unfortunate to suffer the sheer rudeness and blatant bias against non-white passengers at the airport. My family is Indian and one security guard in particular annoyed the hell out of me, making us go to the back of the que when we were there first to let the white, first-class passengers go first. :evil:
The Man Your Man Could Smell Like.

Mr.SoccerMojo
Veteran Member

I myself find the whole thing utterly shamefull it's just not right ya know and I agree that if fans are gonna act that way and say that stuff they should be thrown out of the stadium.

But I wanna know about reverse racism because it is out there you know because what's the first thing you think about when you hear about racism?

someone white making fun of some ohter race and calling them dreadful names. (am I right ???)
But I'm white (I have a lil bit of black in me too and I'm half native amercain)and I have to deal w/reverse racism.
sometimes I can just feel it when some people just hate me because I am white.

Like because I am white most Mexicans don't think i know how to play football and they just flat out tell me too "hahahaha you play football your white no way in hell you can play" and than the curse me in spanish and stuff like that .

I'm not saying that this is any where close to what some people have to deal with but I am just trying to let them know that white people deal w/it too.

And I belive that if you don't like someone let it be because that person is a jerk not by the color and stuff like that.
Those who race towards death
Those who wait
&
Those who worry

Sputnik

i find it REALLY annoying the the word reverse racism even exists. i find 'it' in itself racist. surely 'racist' applies to all people, like the word 'person' applies to all people. Maybe i dont have a right to feel offended by this, but i kinda do.
  (¯`v´¯)
   `·.¸.·´
  ¸.·´¸.·´¨)    ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´      (¸.·´      (¸.·´´·¸¸.·¨¯`

Mr.SoccerMojo
Veteran Member

Sputnik wrote:i find it REALLY annoying the the word reverse racism even exists. i find 'it' in itself racist. surely 'racist' applies to all people, like the word 'person' applies to all people. Maybe i dont have a right to feel offended by this, but i kinda do.
Yes I know it is a stupid word but all the other times in my life I called it racism I was told "No you are white so it's called reverse racism" and That really really pissed me off :x
Those who race towards death
Those who wait
&
Those who worry

*~El Maestro~*
Veteran Member

the word shouldnt even be racist because our race is human. "racism" is usually about someone's ethnicity.

Croatianblood1
Veteran Member

Racism in football is unacceptable. the fans need to respect others or they shouldnt be at the game watching. Racism is stupid, im glad fifa has somethig to say about it

upandcoming

racism period is unexceptable. there is no need for it at all. yes there may always be racist people but they do not deserve even a bit of respect. soccer is supposed to be a respectful and classy sport racism just takes away in that and any fans or players that get involved in racist comments should recieve a harsh warning then a banning or long suspension. I know it is hard to do that and i can't imagine how pissed off i would be if one of the Man Utd stars got suspended for half a season for racist comment but it is deserved if you are stupid enough to make those kind of comments.

Rønaldinhø
New User

XstaticX wrote:FIFA is cracking down on racism. To me that's awesome. Taunting is all part of the game, but when does it go too far? Where do you draw the line? When fans are shouting racisms at players I don't think they deserve to be in the stadium watching the game. They put their own club to shame. What are your feelings about this?
good, Spain will be having a big problem with this. But i have to say this if you are on the feild ro in the stands and people are racist to you, the best way to shut them down is to beat them becuase then you proven to yourself and them that they have nothing on you, and all they can talk about is race becuase they cant play futebol.

Had2bHarry
Veteran Member

its a world game people shouldnt spoil it by being racist. on a feild its about the players skills not their heritage

Zlatan5
Veteran Member

Only time I taunt is when I know I can get in someones head. But getting racial, my policy is negative plus negative equals=positive. If I hear some racism on the pitch i'm gonna let em know that I don't take that sh*t and call em something back, take sh*t from no one.

XstaticX
Veteran Member

Zlatan5 wrote:Only time I taunt is when I know I can get in someones head. But getting racial, my policy is negative plus negative equals=positive. If I hear some racism on the pitch i'm gonna let em know that I don't take that sh*t and call em something back, take sh*t from no one.
you mean times positive?? lol