Training at a soccer field

Tell us about the league you playing in, tryouts, etc
MickyD#9
Veteran Member

How often do you guys spend training at a soccer field each day and how many days a week? I usually spend about 2-3 hours a day at the field but sometimes up to 5 hours a day jsut juggling the ball in the backyard.

FD_ FOR_MS-What's Missing?
www.freestylersdownunder.com/forum

pascalfrik

i spend about 3-4 hours a day of training each day besides for match day.

deano7

You spend loads more than me...

I spend most my time jogging, but when i go down to a field it is usually just to do some speed training or something, so i just do an hour intensive training.

my normal routine would be to jog for around 15-20 mins then go home do press ups and sit ups then do some weights, then go on my stepper machine thingy for 20 mins so about an hour all together.

the most annoying thing for me the closest wall to practise against is about 2/3 miles away and the closest field is about 2 miles in the other direction so i have to get my bike out alot.

I would die for a big wall in my back garden to play against.

Bestofthebest

i stopped going to the park, in the winter i work on skills and when it gets hotter i work on the speed and fitness
Join this Forum: http://footyclips.com/forum

jdefoe
Forum groupie

pascalfrik wrote:i spend about 3-4 hours a day of training each day besides for match day.
you realize that 2 hours at a high intensity with goals set before each training session is much more useful than kicking the ball around aimlessly for 3-4 hours a day? I find it hard to believe that so many people here practice 3-4 hours a day, if you guys did this, you would be in the EPL now...

Magicfeet

I would suspect many members of this site regard "practicing for 3-4 hours a day" as playing football for 3-4 hours a day, as opposed to goal orientated and structured training sessions.

As you say, if you TRAIN 3-4 hours a day, when your between the ages of 12 and 16 (like the majority of members of this site are), you've got a much better chance of going pro, than if you play football 6 hours a day.
Last edited by Magicfeet on 03 Jan 2006, 19:24, edited 1 time in total.

deano7

im 15 years old and in the summer i did occasionaly practice for up to 8 hours some days because of no school but to be honest it was structured but when i probs spent 2/3 hours collecting the ball from the goal...

The best thing to do when practicing alone is: Fitness; Speed; playing against a wall; kickups etc.

And the best thing to do if you want to improve alot is go to alot of teams trainings or train with a mens team or something, i have played for a u18's team for nearly a year now and i have improved massively.

Deano7
Never Criticise your own ability.

MickyD#9
Veteran Member

jdefoe wrote:I find it hard to believe that so many people here practice 3-4 hours a day, if you guys did this, you would be in the EPL now...
I set goals before every training session but ive only been doing it since i read some of your posts jdefoe and that been for about 3 months now. I have improved alot and have over taken people who i used to think were great soccer players. The reason im not in EPL is because season hasn't started yet and i havent had a chance to show my skills lol. Jokin (i wish) :lol: ....i have to improve much more if im goin to get scouted but im willing to work my ass off for it.

P.S.I'm having trouble buying some small markers....does anybody know where i could get some?

cfrealmadrid
Veteran Member

MickyD#9 wrote:P.S.I'm having trouble buying some small markers....does anybody know where i could get some?
pretty much any sporting goods store. dick's if you live in the u.s.; england, i'm not sure.
Hala Galacticos

MickyD#9
Veteran Member

I got some markers and i didn't realise until 2day how bad i am at dribbling through them. I am going to practice with them everyday for atleast an hour or more.

monticellostriker
New User

haha my coach is OBSESSED with markers we dribble threw them every way imaginable youve got some will-power if you can stay with dribbleing threw markers for hours, mikeyd!!! i think its BOR ING

Kew

micky, rebel sport.

Croatianblood1
Veteran Member

There is a soccer field complex that is like 10mins away from my house so i go there anytime i can. The only thing i hate is that they take the soccer nets down for the winter :evil:

tartanbarmy7
Sophomore Member

3-4 hours a day wow i play with a ball maybe half an hour a day and even then its just kicking it agaisnt a wall when im board, ive never though im a player that need to work on my skills its always been one of my strong points. how do yous find the time?
and with the last kick of the game robbie fowler scored with a header

selly
New User

in the spring, summer and fall i practise for 2-3 hours everyday with my friends when i dont have a training or game with my team.

in the winter i play indoor soccer twice a week for one hour.